EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

No different to your schedule with 3 kids I get it. It's not about you you would be one of these parents that have kids playing 4 different sports a week. At some stage kids need to settle in a sport they are strong at and help them improve by concentrating on 2 sports per season rather than trying to cram in too many sports

No different to your schedule with 3 kids I get it. It's not about you you would be one of these parents that have kids playing 4 different sports a week. At some stage kids need to settle in a sport they are strong at and help them improve by concentrating on 2 sports per season rather than trying to cram in too many sports

Why do kids need to play a sport they are strong at ? I would have thought its about them enjoying it, not doing it to become the next Dusty Martin/Usain Bolt etc
The amount of kids that despise the sport they've played for years due to pressure from parents is huge.
Play for enjoyment. Plain and simple.

Sounds like Matt Little is off to the RDFL. Big loss for Strathmore if true.

Not too many surprises with TOTY. Can't think of who was left out or didn't deserve to be in there. Landry from eds perhaps lucky but I think was leading goal kicker for a small forward and most teams of the year seem to have one.

As for tonight, I am box trifecta Maric, Cachia & Blckwell but wouldn't be surprised if Fort or Mantello sneaked in.

Hearing that Williamstown's Ben Bese has signed on full-time at Strathmore (1 pointer). Same goes for Seagulls teammate David Fahey at Aberfeldie.

Hearing that Williamstown's Ben Bese has signed on full-time at Strathmore (1 pointer). Same goes for Seagulls teammate David Fahey at Aberfeldie.

I can tell you Fahey is not playing anywhere in 2018 due to work commitments. It is possible he might go back there at some stage, but definitely ruled out for next season.

Bese has been struck down with constant injuries and would also be doubtful. His young and still more than capable of playing VFL but not sure his body can cope. Small ground like Strathmore won't suit him imo.

All football finished for the season, it's now time for the fun and games of the silly season.
Who is leaving, who is staying, who is moving clubs/divisions/leagues? How many of the rumours will become fact? Only time will tell.

How many players kick 9 goals and have 46 possies and don't register a vote.

Fairly embarrassing really. Caps off a solid year for the orange team

Totally agree - how Maric didn't win the league medal would astound all those who have watched & followed Premier this year.

As you said totally embarrassing.

Only explanation is he argues/abuses the umpires?

Totally agree - how Maric didn't win the league medal would astound all those who have watched & followed Premier this year.

As you said totally embarrassing.

Only explanation is he argues/abuses the umpires?

His team won 16 of 18 games
Won the clubs B n F by a street
Had probably 10 or more BOGs for his side
Kicked 9 goals twice
Ended season with 70+ goals
Only polls 19 votes?

9 goals & 46 touches means BOG regardless.

Where can you see the votes for the individual games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously nothing of interest happening around the clubs. Anyone heard of any movements and I am not talking bowel movements.

Obviously nothing of interest happening around the clubs. Anyone heard of any movements and I am not talking bowel movements.

Armitage to AH good get, uni blues disappointed as they thought they would get him. The almighty $$$$. He would be 6 points I assume - not sure they can recruit much more.

Talk at the Linc last night was EDS has or will sign most key players from this year. Abers also possibly have a couple of home growns returning.

Armitage to AH good get, uni blues disappointed as they thought they would get him. The almighty $$$$. He would be 6 points I assume - not sure they can recruit much more.

Talk at the Linc last night was EDS has or will sign most key players from this year. Abers also possibly have a couple of home growns returning.

You mean Armfield?

Hearing Jimmy Allan from North Adelaide & Norwood has signed at Strathmore. If true this is the biggest signing of 2018 season. Would be early fav for comp medal and massive mid companion for Cachia. Very skilful hard running player who would compliment Cachia’s inside work. He would be early 30’s in age but few players ever in EDFL could match this blokes resume

Hearing Jimmy Allan from North Adelaide & Norwood has signed at Strathmore. If true this is the biggest signing of 2018 season. Would be early fav for comp medal and massive mid companion for Cachia. Very skilful hard running player who would compliment Cachia’s inside work. He would be early 30’s in age but few players ever in EDFL could match this blokes resume
Thanks for that Gremlin. Sounds like a really good signing. It is however guaranteed to set Turbo off and running on his pet hobby horse about Strathmore exceeding both the salary and points caps. 4, 3, 2, 1.......

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back