EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is heading back to the country ? Name names! If you throw enough darts one will eventually hit.

We will wait on Winter ..... and then the apology haha

Gee Gremlin, I didn’t miss Big Footy. I always generate a crowd on here don’t I.

Interesting times at Douttas I’m hearing.. It will take years to recover from what occurred last season. Word spreads quickly..

Over and Out from the no1 newsbreaker..

Gee Gremlin, I didn’t miss Big Footy. I always generate a crowd on here don’t I.

Interesting times at Douttas I’m hearing.. It will take years to recover from what occurred last season. Word spreads quickly..

Over and Out from the no1 newsbreaker..

Just calling you out on your BS mate, not that I don’t think most on here see through you.

Make up something > write it as fact > get reaction desired.

Simple fact is Winter has considered his options and committed to Glenroy, and good luck to him taking on the challenge at his age. Have to admire that.

I too thought most would walk at Douttas but the truth is most have recommitted and they have new recruits lined up. Might not be as bad as the rest of the EDFL was hoping for the most successful club in the league.

p.s - I’d be more worried about your own backyard, not all is rosie there! The co-coaches despise each other for a start.

Can’t be bothered with a detailed reply other than to point out z couple of things.

1/ So tell us why Winter left a club like Strathmore and went to Glenroy who played in a lower division. Was he not happy at Strathmore and wanted to go to a “happy” club in Glenroy???

2/ You think he would retire rather than leave his happy club in Glenroy??

Cmon get real. Has Winter spoken to any other clubs about next season? Fact is his still playing good footy so why retire if another club showed interest.
On this subject, not sure I’ve ever said his unhappy at Glenroy (or ever said a negative word about Winter) but we all know why he left SM to go to Glenroy. If you have heard different then someone is leading you down the creek..

Rumour is fact, Truth = Clearances.

Can’t be bothered with a detailed reply other than to point out z couple of things.

1/ So tell us why Winter left a club like Strathmore and went to Glenroy who played in a lower division. Was he not happy at Strathmore and wanted to go to a “happy” club in Glenroy???

2/ You think he would retire rather than leave his happy club in Glenroy??

Cmon get real. Has Winter spoken to any other clubs about next season? Fact is his still playing good footy so why retire if another club showed interest.
On this subject, not sure I’ve ever said his unhappy at Glenroy (or ever said a negative word about Winter) but we all know why he left SM to go to Glenroy. If you have heard different then someone is leading you down the creek..
So everyone doesn’t get led down the garden path can you please explain why Adam Winter left Strathmore. Apparently everyone knows , so it won’t hurt to put it out there.
Also Turbo , start wording up your apology to the BF contributors.

Douttas announced they have so far signed 18 of last years crop that played senior games as well as James Barnes (EK) and Karl Brown (Coburg). Shylo included in the signings which is great news!
Hartwig, Pfieffer and Marklew appear to be unsigned. Marklew off home to Wangaratta unsure about the other 2. Very positive signs and hopefully a couple of new recruits to come.

Douttas announced they have so far signed 18 of last years crop that played senior games as well as James Barnes (EK) and Karl Brown (Coburg). Shylo included in the signings which is great news!
Hartwig, Pfieffer and Marklew appear to be unsigned. Marklew off home to Wangaratta unsure about the other 2. Very positive signs and hopefully a couple of new recruits to come.
Are they going to announce Fletcher playing again to attract players?

With the amount of injuries they have head and people going overseas on holidays they will need at least 65 to choose from for firsts and reserves.

You won’t have to worry about it anymore mate.
Jono Morris another departure from Douttas. This one is disappointing, such a great Douttas player since he was a kid. Great leader, great person. Sad to see him move on again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jono Morris another departure from Douttas. This one is disappointing, such a great Douttas player since he was a kid. Great leader, great person. Sad to see him move on again
It's a shame this has happened. I am sure the club will bounce back but may not play finals for a while.

Where’s he off to? Very underrated, one of the better defenders I’ve seen in the edfl

Where’s he off to? Very underrated, one of the better defenders I’ve seen in the edfl
I believe he’s going back to The Basin where he played the previous 2 Years. All good and well for EDS to re-sign ‘most’ of the players but that won’t help them if they don’t sign ‘new’ players.

Give 2018 flag to the ‘Rillas now and they will play off against Jets again. As much as other sides recruit they are all coming back from a fair way talent wise and don’t have the juniors to match it.

I believe he’s going back to The Basin where he played the previous 2 Years. All good and well for EDS to re-sign ‘most’ of the players but that won’t help them if they don’t sign ‘new’ players.

Give 2018 flag to the ‘Rillas now and they will play off against Jets again. As much as other sides recruit they are all coming back from a fair way talent wise and don’t have the juniors to match it.
And there you go, the points system won't work for most clubs for that very reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back