EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

I registered to this forum a few months ago after hearing about people posting out and out untruths . I'm not sure why this happens. I understand that this can be used for some light hearted, good natured banter between footy people who love the game and their clubs. I have read some really interesting well documented views and opinions put forward since. However I just cannot just stand by and not defend some great football people have their reputations and efforts torn apart by faceless individuals who hide behind a keyboard. Now Mr Knowitall why don't you post your list of achievements so us readers can scrutinise and comment on your short comings. I don't know David Morgan from bar of soap but he sounds like a champion bloke who puts himself out of his comfort zone and leads from the front. He also probably doesn't give a damn what you think.

Hear, hear. Well said Bully..

I wonder if the great shadow master has an opinion on all this? Will PV get what they plan for in their CLUB structure? Have they been shopping at Dan's or the Laurel? Funny how a lot of posters use put the word 'but' in capitals. A lot of posters love to defend the PV coach too...hmm

Like all coaches, he will be judged on winning finals and winning flags. Judged harshly no doubt. If you win a flag/final you're a genius and if you lose one you've got NFI. All the variables go out the window. By this standard Anthony Rock seems to be streets ahead of all others and ironically I think he was influenced by someone who is seen as a failure by many in Ross Lyon.

It's simple Morgan can't coach. With talent he had he should have gone further regardless of injuries. These days unless you got a good coach you can't win a flag. Talent alone won't do it. Abers tried it, Avondale heights did the same. If you look at the last 7-8 GF's in premier division the side that had the better coach won the grand final. In some cases cause upset wins.
Keilor 08
Marby 09,10
Strathmore 11
Greenvale 12,13
Strathmore 14
This year is the only exception where both teams had quality coaches but abers had more ability.
I said that same thing about Ghazi afew years ago and got potted. Look likes I was right in the long run. Pacco people can deny it all they want but Morgan will not win a flag for Pacco as senior coach. I'll apologise to the whole Pacco community if I'm wrong. All clubs are moving forward with there senior coaches except Pacco living in the past.
Let's hope I get an apology when I'm proven right.

Give it a rest pal FFS. His a respected figure in the EDFL and a top bloke as per the support shown on big footy.

PS: I see you read other forums and pass on old information. Get some new things to tell the BF readers.

BTW- your now the most hated person on big footy. Great work..

That's my final message to you...

Last edited by a moderator:

It's simple Morgan can't coach. With talent he had he should have gone further regardless of injuries. These days unless you got a good coach you can't win a flag. Talent alone won't do it. Abers tried it, Avondale heights did the same. If you look at the last 7-8 GF's in premier division the side that had the better coach won the grand final. In some cases cause upset wins.
Keilor 08
Marby 09,10
Strathmore 11
Greenvale 12,13
Strathmore 14
This year is the only exception where both teams had quality coaches but abers had more ability.
I said that same thing about Ghazi afew years ago and got potted. Look likes I was right in the long run. Pacco people can deny it all they want but Morgan will not win a flag for Pacco as senior coach. I'll apologise to the whole Pacco community if I'm wrong. All clubs are moving forward with there senior coaches except Pacco living in the past.

Keilor 08
Marby 09,10
Strathmore 11
Greenvale 12,13
Strathmore 14

EDFLKnowitall nothing you said in that post addressed the substance of my point, about your point and I got thinking about trying to make another point about your last point and thought about the wisdom of that choice based on the point I got from you to my last point.......... Do you get my point?

Funny that, that's how I felt when I read your last point.;)

Surely you get my point now?............ mmmm I thought so..... Its OK I'm sure you will send me a new point to clarify.

EDFLKnowitall I tried to stay open minded , re frame the debate, give you a chance to make your point in such a way that would warrant proper debate BUT as usually happens on Forums you took the dark side of obscuration.

That my friend makes you my number one type of person to avoid, a walking human headache waiting to happen lest I keep engaging, in other words, to win a debate with you my friend is like winning the battle to LOSE the war ;) the war being my personal sanity, a Pyrrhic Victory by another name.

Now see what you have done, you have made me dish up an oxymoron and a tautology in one paragraph.... BAD knowitall!

"A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way. However, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit (another term for this would be "hollow victory").

My personal rules for protection from the Forum disease of the Pyrrhic Victory:

• Stay on point, don't use obscuration as a tool to win a debate.
  • Use the art/tool of Analogy properly, if it is miss used and people start drawing long bows or ones that have no correlation to the facts at hand, that signals the death of any real intelligent debate, from there it becomes school yard mud slinging. Who yells the loudest wins crap.
So my BigFooty friends after 12 months of abstinence from the joys of frolicking around on BigFooty, it took all of two posts from EDFLKnowitall to remind me that I need another 12 months rest.

Enjoy 2016, Happy New Year to you all, including EDFLKnowitall and may the best points win!

Keep it simple and stay sane in the process
clip_image001.png
see you in 12 months...........

Hearing another big name on the verge of signing at Keilor. How would they be in terms of the points system?
Wont say a name as i don't believe he has signed as yet.

Hey LFDE, interesting question re points. Is Galea worth 7 points?
Ex VFL = 5
Changed clubs in 3 yr period = 1
Leading goal kicker = 1

Plus is it another point for changing clubs within the same league??

Anyway good to hear another club is up & about. Hear Putt staying now after contemplating a move to the WRFL.

I wonder if the great shadow master has an opinion on all this? Will PV get what they plan for in their CLUB structure? Have they been shopping at Dan's or the Laurel? Funny how a lot of posters use put the word 'but' in capitals. A lot of posters love to defend the PV coach too...hmm

Like all coaches, he will be judged on winning finals and winning flags. Judged harshly no doubt. If you win a flag/final you're a genius and if you lose one you've got NFI. All the variables go out the window. By this standard Anthony Rock seems to be streets ahead of all others and ironically I think he was influenced by someone who is seen as a failure by many in Ross Lyon.
It must be tough trying to keep track of which alias they intend operate under on any given day..
The questioning of Morgan doesn't really compare to what people have dished up about Super, Michael and Ghazi over the years either

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a few years removed from SANFL and has played at the club previously, both of which drops his potential points tally.

But he left the club and come back do it would be changing clubs within 3 years 1 point extra. He'd be be a 3 pointer

Hey LFDE, interesting question re points. Is Galea worth 7 points?
Ex VFL = 5
Changed clubs in 3 yr period = 1
Leading goal kicker = 1

Plus is it another point for changing clubs within the same league??

Anyway good to hear another club is up & about. Hear Putt staying now after contemplating a move to the WRFL.
Not sure on Galea points value Turbo but a 28yr old straight out of the AFL carries the maximum!
I guess Keilor have always had quite a few home growns playing seniors which helps.
On Lyons, think he was second b&f in Strathmore's '14 flag year. Big back for them.

Lads

1. Credit to Morgan, obviously puts his all in to his club and couple of key injuries can hurt any local footy club.
2. Chook Lyons is a gun, was before he got to Strathmore (massive IN)
3. Very quiet from Abers, think that could be scary for all teams. Gut feeling is there sitting on something pretty big...

Back to Pacco - Turbo?

Is Hardingham coaching?
Have you recruited an ex-vfl Werribee player from a WRFL team?
Has the budget been slightly stretched to the max, with an all or nothing approach this season?

Please don't lie to the BF fraternity:p

Sikora to Franga VFL.

BJ, if true it's a bit disappointing, as I would have thought he would have gone back to VFL last season after leaving for Pacco in 2014. But he then stayed local and went to Strathmore and now going back to VFL level. Moving around a bit from club to club which I don't like, that's all.
Pacco really needed him in 2014 as they lost there ruckman so probably a win/win for both player and club, but to then leave for better coin and leave after 1 year doesn't shown a lot of respect to either footy club. Big ruckman are not easy to find either..

If Sikora has left, Winter gone to Glenroy, Tagilue staying at Essendon VFL & McIntosh not going to Strathmore, who is going to be playing ruck for Strathmore? I'm sure a club like Strathmore has someone lined up!! Anyone hearing anything??

But he left the club and come back do it would be changing clubs within 3 years 1 point extra. He'd be be a 3 pointer
The way I read the points system is that Strathmore is not his home club as he did not juniors there so not an automatic 1 pointer.You get an extra point only if you have played for 3 clubs in a 36 month period not changing clubs within 3 years.So therefore going back to Strathmore on 3 points plus an extra point if he finished top 5 in Darleys best and fairest. I'm happy to be proven wrong though

The way I read the points system is that Strathmore is not his home club as he did not juniors there so not an automatic 1 pointer.You get an extra point only if you have played for 3 clubs in a 36 month period not changing clubs within 3 years.So therefore going back to Strathmore on 3 points plus an extra point if he finished top 5 in Darleys best and fairest. I'm happy to be proven wrong though
He finished second in their bnf

So that would make him on 4 points
He'd be 5 points if he hadn't played at Strathmore previously (4 points as a premium player + 1 for placing in the bnf), my understanding of the system was that there was a points reduction for returning to a club that you had previously played for, which would reduce him to a tally of 3.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back