EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you really need 2 goes at trying to explain yourself to still come across as a tool? Maybe take an extra dose of whatever childhood hyperactive disorder pills you obviously need and think a bit slower than usual and you'll only need 1 reply.

Yeah it would be to increase the age to u/19s which I think is a good idea. Keeping kids in footy post 18s is something that needs to be looked at as having a 3rds comp is not the answer IMO. Yes agree changing the ages now is an inconvenience to some kids but what's the alternative? Maybe have an u/20s colts for those kids not ready for senior footy. Interesting topic that I'm sure is high on the leagues agenda.
Would love to see the figures on how many junior players leave clubs after u18. I also think increasing the age is a good idea for the same reasons as you.

West coburg vs abers will be interesting. But I have to tip abers.
Wc will be missing: borg, Farra, Jennings, Martin, rebeschini, Slavich.
Six important players missing and abers getting a few quality players back in since the last time they met. Home ground advantage for wc should make it a good contest though.

West coburg vs abers will be interesting. But I have to tip abers.
Wc will be missing: borg, Farra, Jennings, Martin, rebeschini, Slavich.
Six important players missing and abers getting a few quality players back in since the last time they met. Home ground advantage for wc should make it a good contest though.

Footylover - Are all the WC boys injured or just unavailable? Some good players missing

I still have the stars as premiership favourites for mine, with the amount of quality players soon coming into the side they will be a massive force and on a good day they will beat any team comfortably

Interesting yesterday
West coburg beat 16 man eds by 40+ points. And by many on here were considered to have leapfrogged Douttas in the race to face Keilor. 1 week later they manage 8 behinds in the first half and lose by 40 to give abers 3rd spot. Sets up a massive encounter this weekend
Essendon Doutta Stars V Aberfeldie.

Interesting yesterday
West coburg beat 16 man eds by 40+ points. And by many on here were considered to have leapfrogged Douttas in the race to face Keilor. 1 week later they manage 8 behinds in the first half and lose by 40 to give abers 3rd spot. Sets up a massive encounter this weekend
Essendon Doutta Stars V Aberfeldie.
It does indeed there is a lot at stake for both clubs. Last time these sides met, douttas had ben and cameron, and abers had daniel hanna. Abers had controlled centre clearances in that game though things could be different come Sunday.
Any injury updates for abers?
Ivan p will make a return this sunday for eds I believe after a knee injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took advantage of the early start at Westmeadows and watched Mo and Lambley put on a master class. Those 2 link up superbly well and are a great pairing. Fair play to Westmeadows who tried their best and looked like they lost a player with a bad ankle injury. Then watched the WC v Abers game. First time at Shore Reserve and was shocked at the shape and size of the pitch. Hard to believe that senior teams play there too!!! Scrappy game with both teams butchering the ball once they had it. Moussa and Pods best for respective teams.

No surprising results especially with the amount of players eds and abers had out.
Keilor moving ahead of the pack closely followed by eds.
Hillside a good win against strathmore who surprisingly scored more than a point.
Keilor brilliant as usual with Mo once again dominating the forward line.
Abers comfortable win against a depleted west coburg.
Eds too good for craigieburn with half their side.

Week 1 of finals
Keilor week off
Eds v wc
Abers v westmeadows

It does indeed there is a lot at stake for both clubs. Last time these sides met, douttas had ben and cameron, and abers had daniel hanna. Abers had controlled centre clearances in that game though things could be different come Sunday.
Any injury updates for abers?
Ivan p will make a return this sunday for eds I believe after a knee injury

Apart from Ivan P, I imagine Rayner will play this Sunday, who else likely to come back for EDS this week.
I would expect Hanna to come back for Abers.
Will be a ripper game

Seen a few results on the afl website, overall not too good no wins and no edfl boys getting in the best or any goals
Also isn't Venables an u17 player, bit confusing
2 years ago a cousins mate made it and they had an overage kid in the side. I believe each side is permitted 1 maybe 2 17year olds. Possibly still the same or they cheated(for the over sensitive people the cheating comment is a joke)

Round 13 predictions

West coburg in a tight one V craigieburn
Keilor by 15 goals V hillside
Westmeadows in a close one V strathmore(strathmore to score more than 1 point)
Eds by 3 goals V abers
Good luck to all.

2 years ago a cousins mate made it and they had an overage kid in the side. I believe each side is permitted 1 maybe 2 17year olds. Possibly still the same or they cheated(for the over sensitive people the cheating comment is a joke)
Yep that makes sense, same down at tac cup level
Round 13 predictions

West coburg in a tight one V craigieburn
Keilor by 15 goals V hillside
Westmeadows in a close one V strathmore(strathmore to score more than 1 point)
Eds by 3 goals V abers
Good luck to all.
I don't think strathmore will kick more than a point ?

Match of the round this week in my opinion will be
West Coburg V Craigieburn.
With terrible conditions predicted it will be a cracker.
All supporters of the Eagles will be keeping an ear out for the Strathmore V West Meadows game.

Hillside will be thankful for the conditions against Keilor. While Douttas and Abers game will mean nothing more than the rivalry. Some quality players missing will mean nothing more than a chance for some lesser players to put their hand up. So back to West Coburg and Craigieburn. If the Eagles can get up then they will either be in the finals or playing the last game to make it.
Douttas 23 pts
Keilor 86 pts
Strathmore 24 pts
Craigieburn 4 pts

Good luck
Rug up
Put the flippers on.

Match of the round I still think is Douttas V Abers as I'm sure Douttas wouldn't want abers to have 2 games over them going into the finals. I'm sure the weather will play a massive part so whoever plays the conditions better in all games should be winners.

What about that weather today? Just home drying off after leaving Keilors game at Hillside during 2nd qtr and got a call telling me game was called off at half time. Keilor up by quite a bit and awarded all points. First I've ever heard of a game being called off after it has started.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back