EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 is pretty even top 4 sides. At the moment I'd say EK & Roxy the 2 to beat. 1 point separated them when they met.
Depends how many players Abers have missing due to players having to step up to div 1.
EK have a good group of 5 bottom age kids, who are the quality in their team.

I'll keep a closer eye on players names when watching matches.
Just to add to that, roxburgh park missing key players on that day including superstar Full back lukas Dimech, highly underrated bottom ager and play maker half forward recruit Nathan bourke, both players worth a lot more than one point.

Have they even selected the final squad yet bigfooty?
Let's hope all our boys push through the last stage, then we can worry about captain courageous
But I'd say none of the edfl boys are up to it --- HONEST OPINION

Let's hope all our boys push through the last stage, then we can worry about captain courageous
Sherrin4lyf do you know why Hitch did not play on the weekend but Rayner did. Is hitch injured or more disciplined than some others. Did balta play for eds on the weekend. I believe he was injured before the last metro game.

that's fair enough I don't believe Daniel Hanna could captain but honestly hitchy at the least but rayner could definitely lead that squad given what I have seen from that team last years captain in the u15 metro has already been cut from this squad

An
Just to add to that, roxburgh park missing key players on that day including superstar Full back lukas Dimech, highly underrated bottom ager and play maker half forward recruit Nathan bourke, both players worth a lot more than one point.
and watch out for number 4 that plays off the half back and cheeky little goal kicker Adam berjawi number 6

that's fair enough I don't believe Daniel Hanna could captain but honestly hitchy at the least but rayner could definitely lead that squad given what I have seen from that team last years captain in the u15 metro has already been cut from this squad
Yes Tom North last years u15 captain was in my opinion wrongly cut , last years vice captain and best player winner Ben Caluzzi would have been a big chance but that finger.

Sherrin4lyf do you know why Hitch did not play on the weekend but Rayner did. Is hitch injured or more disciplined than some others. Did balta play for eds on the weekend. I believe he was injured before the last metro game.
Is Hitch injured? No
Is he more disciplined? Who knows ..
These kind of things are very complicated, no-one can say whether Luke or Cameron can play or not, so what is going on in their heads is quite different. Neither is more or less disciplined than the other they just have different priorities obviously and I reckon that's fine, who will benefit more? We might see on draft night 2017 :)
And Balta has got a sore back, might need a bit more rest but otherwise ok to go!

Honest opinion - Cameron isn't Captain material, neither is Hitch, I know I'm sounding harsh but this is the vic squad and yes they can lead a local club but the tables turn once they get to metro.
Ben might have landed the job but I still expect a chatterbox to get the captaincy, thoughts?

Sh
Is Hitch injured? No
These kind of things are very complicated, no-one can say whether Luke or Cameron can play or not, so what is going on in their heads is quite different. Neither is more or less disciplined than the other they just have different priorities obviously and I reckon that's fine, who will benefit more? We might see on draft night 2017 :)
And Balta has got a sore back, might need a bit more rest but otherwise ok to go![/QUOT
Is Hitch injured? No
And Balta has got a sore back, might need a bit more rest but otherwise ok to go!

Great to hear about Hitch.
I would be suggesting come 2017 that if they both get their priorities right then it's a matter of what number they go not if they get picked.
Also great news on Balta.
What a side eds will be come finals time and they have their full squad especially with the first week of finals off.

Honest opinion - Cameron isn't Captain material, neither is Hitch, I know I'm sounding harsh but this is the vic squad and yes they can lead a local club but the tables turn once they get to metro.
Ben might have landed the job but I still expect a chatterbox to get the captaincy, thoughts?

I disagree I think cam is captain material he dosnt shut up come game day and vic coaches have respects for him he could be the man just saying

Sherrin4lyf I'm not sure if you are correct about hitch and Rayner as I have never met either and only watched them a couple of times. I do absolutely agree it will be a kid who can play but doesn't shut up. Regardless of who is named captain the boys in the team should be proud of themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion Douttas really don't deserve the accolades they have, recruiting big names is all they can do, very rare to see any home grown talent down there.
So you can't move clubs if you simply wanted to...?
Quality players have left douttas to go to Strathmore and I haven't had the priviledge of sooking about it?

From what I'm hearing from known trusted people there was a melee with 1 or 2 small punches thrown. Game called off and once game called coaching staff and parents entered the field (which is allowed). One adult from keilor should be ashamed of himself, the rest behaved appropriately.
Please don't try and turn this into something bigger than it is. As a result of the melee/fight I have been told not one player was injured. As for the young girl crying I won't comment as I have no knowledge of the incident.
As for bangfrom50's comment about the coach being ultimately responsible my info is the keilor coach was in the middle of the action after the game telling his players to move away and the abers coach was telling his players to go into the clubrooms. They both seemed to be doing all they could from what I hear.
What's the saying "mountain into a molehill.."

Thanks for bringing some common sense into the debate with a terrific post Football1993.
Lets allow the clubs and if required the EDFL to do what is required so we don't have a repeat next time they play, especially if in finals.
Well done again with your post!
But let's not get lost with the fact that from what I viewed it was a terrific game of football, with every aspect of 16 Div 1 football highlighted during the game excluding the last two minutes. We are lucky enough to have 4 sides that offer terrific matches when they match up against each other. Come finals times when hopefully all or most are near enough to full strength post Nationals etc, what a finals series to look forward to.

So you can't move clubs if you simply wanted to...?
Quality players have left douttas to go to Strathmore and I haven't had the priviledge of sooking about it?
I guess he's just saying Doutas are more of a team than a club. If that makes sense. Not much homegrown more seeking glory.

Sooo fellas there's also another 3 divisions in the under 16s this year yeah, would love to see a bit more recognition towards the division 3,4,5 teams and comps.
This forum should be entitled under 16 division 1 2015. The players and teams that are playing division one have the most talent and therefore are involved in vic etc. that's what this convo wants to talk most about. Not saying the other divisions are crap but just saying they don't breed as much talent or exciting football. It would be good to see a new forum created to talk about other divisions so under 16 footy would be better covered.

Deflect, deflect. Sweep, sweep. Viewed footage today which backs up everything I've said. Both sets of officials very proactive in getting players away from trouble and should be commended for not further inflaming a volatile situation. Keilor team manager in yellow vest pulling said parents away from the hole in the fence prior to game being abandoned after they've sprinted 30m to try and enter ground and barged through other parents who'd spent whole game in that position. Don't hold out much hope of an apology for some of the clearly wrong comments made. I also don't hold out much hope of EDFL punishing these parents properly as it's going to create all the wrong headlines.

Deflect, deflect. Sweep, sweep. Viewed footage today which backs up everything I've said. Both sets of officials very proactive in getting players away from trouble and should be commended for not further inflaming a volatile situation. Keilor team manager in yellow vest pulling said parents away from the hole in the fence prior to game being abandoned after they've sprinted 30m to try and enter ground and barged through other parents who'd spent whole game in that position. Don't hold out much hope of an apology for some of the clearly wrong comments made. I also don't hold out much hope of EDFL punishing these parents properly as it's going to create all the wrong headlines.
Totally agree FastandLoose. From the info I received the coaches should be commended not thrown to the lions. I hope both clubs support their respective officials regardless of what the edfl do/say and or impose.
No-one hurt, no-one reported = PLAY ON.
We have 2 brilliant sides and another 2 exceptionally good sides and all we are talking about is a bit of push and shove.

In my opinion Douttas really don't deserve the accolades they have, recruiting big names is all they can do, very rare to see any home grown talent down there.
Your understanding of recruiting is completely wrong. As know junior player is spoken too. Douttas have had multiple players of high quality leave. Such as Romero, canham, s.cameron, defazio,Merrett, guiliano, kustura, costa, fletcher

If a club decides to approach a good player from another club, I say well done to them looking after the best interests of their club.
The final decision is the player and or his family.
If I was running a club, restaurant, cafe or any business I would be looking for the best people to take my business forward.
Well done to Eds I say.

Your understanding of recruiting is completely wrong. As know junior player is spoken too. Douttas have had multiple players of high quality leave. Such as Romero, canham, s.cameron, defazio,Merrett, guiliano, kustura, costa, fletcher
This is true. Although it only highlights a poor environment around the club that so many players of such talent would leave. Many players coming into the club as well shows that yes they're a fantastic team, but maybe not a fantastic club. Nothing against Doutas they're my tip for the grand final, however the amount of players going in and out makes me think. I wonder how many players in the team had been at the club since a young age.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back