Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s gotten weird. To me at least it made sense on KB, but the three times it’s happened the boos have been drowned by cheers which will happen for the remainder of his career. Why poke the bear?

The one I’d be keeping a watch on though is booing of Pickett in 2025. That will get through to the keeper in 2024 it’ll become an issue though if it carries into next year because the fans don’t have a representative to protect them and the media have short memories.

Pickett may get booed in ‘25, but the Demon fans booing of Maynard is next level. It’s become one of those fan things that get legs in footy. It’s off and running now, and will probably continue for the whole of Bruzzy’s career.

Caught up with someone at an Athletics carnival this weekend who has a son the same age as this years draftees.

Reckons Wardlaw and Sheezel (however you spell it) are two absolute stars. His son was a defensive mid and played on Wardlaw or Sheezel (cant remember which one to be honest) who were the attacking players as his son with athletics background had the aerobic capacity to keep up.

Sheezel he predicts will a Stephenson like first season but 20% better. Wardlaw is apparently recovering from an injury so may take a little bit longer.

He knows I am a Pies fan so without asking brought up Ed Allan. Reckons he could tell at some carnival he went to in 2019 that Allan (he was 15 at that stage) would be a star. Reminds him of Cripps. Allan needs to build up his tank but reckons we have a beauty.

This was the quote I was referring to the other day. December 2022 seems like forever.

He was involved from the get go, with a really productive first quarter, and no significant drop off after that.

In the first ten or so minutes I was all (to my mate) ‘that’s Allan’, ‘it’s Allan again’ and ‘was that Allan?’.

Loved to see it. Was a very welcome fillip for the team and fans, at the end of a crazy but ultimately disappointing year.

Haha I was the same. My son said I know Dad I can see him too. I said sorry I’m just excited. The Allan and Parker goals had me out of my seat. I’m loving them both.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pickett may get booed in ‘25, but the Demon fans booing of Maynard is next level. It’s become one of those fan things that get legs in footy. It’s off and running now, and will probably continue for the whole of Bruzzy’s career.
I don't doubt they were booing but I literally couldn't hear them.

Haha I was the same. My son said I know Dad I can see him too. I said sorry I’m just excited. The Allan and Parker goals had me out of my seat. I’m loving them both.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m quietly jumping out of my seat about Parker. Haven’t said much about him on here, because it’s probably too early etc etc.

But I saw him in his first VFL game for us, and thought this guy has ‘it’. Poised, doesn’t panic, you can see him thinking through what he has to do. He’s got a fair way to go yet, but definitely has the building blocks of a very good AFL footballer.

I’m quietly jumping out of my seat about Parker. Haven’t said much about him on here, because it’s probably too early etc etc.

But I saw him in his first VFL game for us, and thought this guy has ‘it’. Poised, doesn’t panic, you can see him thinking through what he has to do. He’s got a fair way to go yet, but definitely has the building blocks of a very good AFL footballer.
Amazing really considering that he never had a preseason and hasn’t even played footy for a few years.

I don’t think people appreciate how difficult that would be.

He’s going to be a 200 gamer.

I reckon the penny has dropped for him that to make the grade he needs to get his hands dirty. He has the body to be a Tom Green type. Some of his inside work has been really promising.
Yes. Or maybe he is playing the position he knows best or is best suited to him. I think Sidey said last night the previous couple of weeks he played in the middle rather than wing in the VFL, which saw him get his hands on it a lot.

It’s a pity there aren’t a few more games left in the season.

He would have felt great after that game. Lots to look forward to.

When he kicked his goal, you could see that he took the time to settle himself before kicking it, rather than blazing away.
He was never going to miss it.

Ed's goal was a perfect front and centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he looked terrific, and the main thing I enjoyed was his willingness to step in and put his head over the ball. He has all the attributes but typically looks reactive at VFL level. The dead rubber nature of the game does not concern me from this point of view.

I thought he looked terrific, and the main thing I enjoyed was his willingness to step in and put his head over the ball. He has all the attributes but typically looks reactive at VFL level. The dead rubber nature of the game does not concern me from this point of view.
The dead rubber thing is only a small thing. It was the way he went about it that was impressive.

Put it this way - Macrae played a half of footy and got 10 possessions (similar stats for TOG), but who showed the traits that stood out as impactful?

Allan by as far as you can kick your hat.

The dead rubber thing is only a small thing. It was the way he went about it that was impressive.

Put it this way - Macrae played a half of footy and got 10 possessions (similar stats for TOG), but who showed the traits that stood out as impactful?

Allan by as far as you can kick your hat.

Don't think Macrae had 1 clean possession that went to a teammates advantage, his lack of development is a real disappointment

This is the problem with Melbourne
They are obsessed with the past and blaming everything else except themselves for their own demise.
It’s almost like they are high on cocaine and think they are shit hot and nothing is their fault.

Don't think Macrae had 1 clean possession that went to a teammates advantage, his lack of development is a real disappointment
Unfortunately he needs speed or strength and it’s hard to see him getting either now.

Your emphasis on 'development' subtly - or not so subtly - puts blame on the coaches. Maybe the more relevant term is 'lack of AFL level talent'.

The club has put years into Macrae, and he's played 20 games. That's not a lack of development nor opportunity.

Your emphasis on 'development' subtly - or not so subtly - puts blame on the coaches. Maybe the more relevant term is 'lack of AFL level talent'.

The club has put years into Macrae, and he's played 20 games. That's not a lack of development nor opportunity.

That’s just how you interpret it. Lack of development isn’t always a coaching issue, players have to have the drive and talent. I think Finn is severely hampered by poor physical attributes. No strength or speed, perhaps he isn’t going hard enough in the gym?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back