Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Garlett's manager he had a choice between the Dees and us and chose Melbourne. Doesn't make it true but seems weird that he'd name drop us for no reason
Ah cool.. I didn't read that.

Also.. I don't think we should kid ourselves.. we are not destination #1 right now.. in fact we are probably destination #18 right now.. and this latest 'crisis of our own making' doesn't help the situation in the slightest.

Apparently the club has told Hird he can't be involved in recruiting?? When you consider that a guy like Goddard has publicly said that Hird personally got him to the club.. you wonder if this is a wise strategy?? Yet again we have made a 'puppet coach' and are paying the price.

Reckon Melbourne would have been able to offer a fair bit more $$ than we would have..

My only issue with Membrey going to Saints is that he was a bomber fan as a kid and he was not interested in us because of this saga crap.

So if we can not attract a player like him then how are we going to attract anybody as long as this goes on.......

It's still a very long bow to draw.

At Essendon he is almost certainly in competition with Carlisle, Daniher and Ambrose for a spot. We still have Ryder and Winderlich on the list. With Ryder we'll also probably look at Bellchambers more forward.

At St Kilda he is very arguably already forward number 2. A position is his to lose especially given that he is already as developed as he is physically.

That he is an EFC fans probably means that he paid attention to us longer than he would any other club knowing that the best thing for his career is to get games and not play for the club he supported as a kid where he is probably also looking at a reasonably significant role change (as more of a small than the KPP he plays as).

If I was a key forward, and had the choice of st.Kilda with one ageing key forward, and Essendon, two, maybe three emerging forwards, then I know which decision I would make to extend my career

Maybe but there is nothing to say that he would not get a game for us. Carlile is no certainty to stay forward. Also we are a middle tier team that made finals. Saints are a team that finshed bottom and will be at that level for a few more years, most would think...

Maybe but there is nothing to say that he would not get a game for us. Carlile is no certainty to stay forward. Also we are a middle tier team that made finals. Saints are a team that finshed bottom and will be at that level for a few more years, most would think...

There's nothing to say that he would

Love BF at trade time.. we can all get excited about possible trades (I find it fun) but I love the Garlett situation:
EFC never indicates they are interested
Garlett never indicates that EFC are interested
Garlett never indicates that he is interested in EFC

But we didn't 'get' Garlett because if the 'saga'... ummm ok. sure.

We had multiple meetings with Garlett though. So I'd say yes we were interested.

We had multiple meetings with Garlett though. So I'd say yes we were interested.
Yeah my bad. Apologies all round.

Found this interesting (from Pickers, Garlett manager):
Are players reluctant to go to Essendon?
"It didn't affect Jeff, but I think there still is a massive question mark on what is happening at Essendon, whereas Melbourne is settled on their coaching staff."

It is like the Howlett situation.. it isn't the 'saga' that is causing headaches.. it is the fact there appears to be division on who is coach. I have no doubt that if Hird was on firm ground.. and the club stuck fat to what they AGREED last year.. then we would have a much better chance.

Players don't want to go to a club that has instability at the top.. because what is the point? Hird promises you "more midfield time" but by the time you start.. Thompson might be coach and instead he plays you in the back pocket.. etc etc..

Hence why we need to lock in a coach and STICK with it.

Board has SCREWED us over.. completely. This is probably been the worst week of the entire saga.. and I'm not sure we recover.

According to Garlett's manager he had a choice between the Dees and us and chose Melbourne. Doesn't make it true but seems weird that he'd name drop us for no reason

I found it interesting that pickering said the Melbourne coaching panel had a meeting with garlett and told him where he would fit in 2015 if he went to Melbourne which was pretty much the difference between Melbourne & EFC.

I take it our coach's must be too busy to meet with prospective players.

So with the Ryder trade seemingly going nowhere, its pretty obvious we'll have to get a 3rd party involved. What do you guys think of this?
Essendon lose: Ryder + Pick 19 (does it move back to Pick 20 after compo?), Essendon gain Patton + Pick 4 + Pick 37ish
Port lose: O'Shea + Pick 17 + Pick 37ish, Port gain: Ryder
GWS lose: Patton + Pick 4, GWS gain: Pick 17 + Pick 19 (20?) + O'Shea

I'm not sure if its even or not, but it sounds (in my head) like it might work.

Are players reluctant to go to Essendon?
"It didn't affect Jeff, but I think there still is a massive question mark on what is happening at Essendon, whereas Melbourne is settled on their coaching staff."

There's the issue, players aren't reluctant to come to Essendon because they're scared for their health or welfare or anything like that, they're hesitant because even we don't know who's coming or going in terms of coaches.

We could kill it this afternoon by backing in Hird for the long term, but we won't because we apparently don't value on field performance anymore.

In terms of player attraction this is worse than last year, at least last year we had a firm direction

So with the Ryder trade seemingly going nowhere, its pretty obvious we'll have to get a 3rd party involved. What do you guys think of this?
Essendon lose: Ryder + Pick 19 (does it move back to Pick 20 after compo?), Essendon gain Patton + Pick 4 + Pick 37ish

GWS are getting absolutely robbed and we are getting over compensated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS would never ever agree to that. Absolutely ridiculous.

I found it interesting that pickering said the Melbourne coaching panel had a meeting with garlett and told him where he would fit in 2015 if he went to Melbourne which was pretty much the difference between Melbourne & EFC.

I take it our coach's must be too busy to meet with prospective players.
Board has told Hird he is not allowed to meet with recruits.. as I said.. Hird is basically a puppet coach.. dead man walking.

How can we offer any player certainty over where the club is heading and what position they will be playing etc etc.. when we don't even know who is coaching.

The board MUST be held account for ruining this trade period with a crisis of their own making over NOTHING as it turns out...

Board has told Hird he is not allowed to meet with recruits.. as I said.. Hird is basically a puppet coach.. dead man walking.

How can we offer any player certainty over where the club is heading and what position they will be playing etc etc.. when we don't even know who is coaching.

The board MUST be held account for ruining this trade period with a crisis of their own making over NOTHING as it turns out...

I find that hard to believe.

If this is true. it is absolute and complete lunacy. Telling a senior coach they can't meet with recruits?! Jesus.

After watching Hird's video I'm convinced he's staying as coach.
Cringeworthy how predictable..

So now, after receiving feedback from the 'trade table'.. the club is going to pretend that Hird is secure and everything is 'normal'..

Ahh good one EFC..

I loved when Hirdy was talking about Pre-Season though.. seems like the boys are in for a bit of a work out...

I find that hard to believe.
I think it may have been rescinded now that apparently we are 'back to normal'...

But as of last Wednesday.. Hird was told he was allowed no contact with players/recruits.. as of last Wed he was sacked.. then we had the stay of execution until Monday..

Apparently now he is 'back to work'.. what a friggen joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back