Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to add.

Suck a fat ****ing dick Peter Gordon
giphy.gif

I really can't believe other teams haven't followed suit on Hawthorn's approach by now.
What is their approach, exactly?

I reckon most clubs would've gladly taken the deals for O'Rouke and McEvoy that they've landed.

It's not as though they've given up much for them; if anything it just seems that they're sweet talkers.

Definitely an element of sweet talking there, it seems Kong

Not sure how they pull that off.

But, what is noticeable is that they're not afraid to give up reasonable picks. They also seem to identify a need and go out there very purposefully to acquire it.

It can't be a complete accident that they keep pulling these sorts of deals off. Every damned year.

They don't overrate draft picks. Much better giving top picks for partly proven talents like Gunston, rather than taking a chance in the draft. It also helps when you're already at the top of the ladder when trying to talk players into coming to your club.

They don't overrate draft picks. Much better giving top picks for partly proven talents like Gunston, rather than taking a chance in the draft. It also helps when you're already at the top of the ladder when trying to talk players into coming to your club.
They got to the top from good trading though, let's not forget that part.

As you said though, they don't rate picks like 99% of the general public do for some reason. Clubs want to keep their members happy, members think draft picks mean success. Hawks have shown the comp for the best part of 8 years what building a premiership team takes.

Yet we still have clubs squibbing over pick 13 rather than pick 8 when both are just as meaningful as the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the rumours of unrest were all untrue right?!!!

Ryan friggen Griffen?!!!! Far out.. if you can't hold your captain.. what hope do you have???

But umm.. yeah.. #efcexodus

Hey Gordon.. tell us again how to run a club...?

Haven't been on for 24 hours and this is what I run into?

Ryan Griffen walks, Sydney banned from trading in players unless COLA ceases, Paddy is now going down the legal route because the AFL canned it's own suggestion of making him a free agent?

What the actual **** is going on with the AFL?

Haven't been on for 24 hours and this is what I run into?

Ryan Griffen walks, Sydney banned from trading in players unless COLA ceases, Paddy is now going down the legal route because the AFL canned it's own suggestion of making him a free agent?

What the actual **** is going on with the AFL?
It's depressing.

Reckon it's just going to be commonplace for players to walk out in the middle of contracts from now on.

I've always laughed at other sports for this sort of stuff.

The AFL Commission are well and truly ruining this competition.

It's depressing.

Reckon it's just going to be commonplace for players to walk out in the middle of contracts from now on.

And further adds fuel to the flame that contracts are worth as much as the pieces of paper they are written on.

Should a player 'walk' for example, then surely Free Agency compensation should be given a go?

If The dogs don't conjure up a deal for Griffen, he becomes that FA and will be worth band 1 and hence a top 5 pick one would imagine.

It's depressing.

They ruined it years ago, we have just been hanging on in hope for something to change.

I'll be hitting up the local leagues far more next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back