Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually have my eyes on two or three ( OBTAINABLE ) players per trading period. Membrey is out of play, but still interested in Hallahan or Woodward otherwise happy to hit the draft,especially if we have 3 selections in the top 20.

Im not sure about that. Is Mcintosh/Simpson or even Blicavs now any easier to surpass than TBC? ie: If Mcintosh gets injured he has Simpson and Blicavs to compete with to get a game, however if TBC goes down or cant get near his better footy than hes gonna play every week. The same cant be guaranteed at Geelong and i hope we are saying that too him.
Blicavs plays every week regardless as a relief-ruck/utility, McIntosh is 30 and injured more often than not and Simpson isn't much chop (and has just had yet more back surgery). There's certainly an opportunity for someone to claim the #1 role there.

Blicavs plays every week regardless as a relief-ruck/utility, McIntosh is 30 and injured more often than not and Simpson isn't much chop (and has just had yet more back surgery). There's certainly an opportunity for someone to claim the #1 role there.
We have just lost our ruck.

TBC has as mnay injury worries as Simpson and Mcintosh.

Blicavs can play as one as he did at the most important part of the season.

Certainly a possible spot there for him, have Geelong shown interest. I thought only Adelide and Us had.

See the way I see it, we're doing our absolute best to ensure you guys are well compensated for losing Paddy, or at least as well compensated as we can do without harming our own list too badly. But you guys still carry on like we're screwing you?

Getting picks 17 and 21 for losing Paddy and a player surplus to needs for you guys is the absolute best you will get from us. Can someone explain what's wrong with it?
If Wines wants to come home in 4 years time will you take that?

The only way ess should do this is if the compo pick awarded is directly after where our first pick should have based on finishing order (I.e we finished 7th so the pick should be 12 or 13). If not, still unders.

Sam Grimley seeking more opportunities after falling down the order at Hawthorn.

Kicked a couple of bags in the VFL, finished with 45 goals for the year.

23 years old, 200cm

Thoughts?

I wouldn't hesitate.

He's big, mobile and seems to know his way around the ground. The four of five times I've seen him play in the last two years he's always had a presence even if he is not dominating. He could immediately be the fodder to play second ruck behind Bellchambers and play as one of the three tall forward targets.

Sam Grimley seeking more opportunities after falling down the order at Hawthorn.

Kicked a couple of bags in the VFL, finished with 45 goals for the year.

23 years old, 200cm

Thoughts?

You could do a lot worse, he'd definitely be worth trowing a third round pick at. At 23 he's probably got a fair bit of scope to improve too and even if he cant it'd still be handy to have him as depth.

Do you realise that we wont trade him shit talking dickheads. Best ruck/forward in the game. We want pick in top 10 and 17 if you can't convince a good player to come here.

Could only imagine a team doing that if he was 3 or so years younger or without the possibility of sanctions hanging over his head. Fairly sure Cripps has made it clear you won't be getting it from us. I guess if someone else is prepared to offer it then you could try and convince Ryder to go there.

Could only imagine a team doing that if he was 3 or so years younger or without the possibility of sanctions hanging over his head. Fairly sure Cripps has made it clear you won't be getting it from us. I guess if someone else is prepared to offer it then you could try and convince Ryder to go there.

Okay then, give us Angus Monfries, a cheat for a cheat + your 1st & 2nd rounders thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess everyone will just fail to notice that Brisbane have ruled our trading a player for Beams as well.. so I guess no Lions wanted to go to the Pies because of the supplement saga stuff yeah???

Or maybe clubs just don't want to trade established talent.. no matter what is coming the other way...

Is Ryder worth a top 5 pick? Yes, is Ryder 'worth' a Wines, Wingard or Hartlett type? Yes.

Are we going to get a top 5 pick or one of those players? No.

If we can walk away from this with 3 picks in the top 20ish.. then we are in a excellent position. It will mean the second year in a row we can almost negate the draft penalties. As of next year none of this 'clause' crap will matter because all bar 2-3 players will have signed on 'after' the shit started and those who want out will be gone already.

I understand we are getting Unders for Paddy.. but, to be fair, lets move on. Get ready for '15..

just get this paddy trade done and move on and then get hawthorn talking with our compo pick for grimly and hallahan.would mean we are filling 2 voids outside run and mobile forward/ruckman.

Hawks as normal get the deals done. No ******* around trying to low ball other teams.

If Port are serious about premiership success they should take heed.
I really can't believe other teams haven't followed suit on Hawthorn's approach by now.

Hawks as normal get the deals done. No ******* around trying to low ball other teams.

If Port are serious about premiership success they should take heed.

They literally do things that other clubs can only wish for.... That's why they are where they are and other teams are where they are.

Hard not to respect them with how they go about it, on and off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back