Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i was given unknown substances by my employer with no knowledge of a) what they did to me and b) what they may do to me, then found myself suspended by a governing body, I'd certainly feel entitled to a fair portion of grievance. He's likely also weighing up the biggest contract offers he will see in his life. Picking the right one for him now is crucial b/c i doubt he will see another opportunity like this inside or out of football.

Im sure we have scenarios for him leaving worked out, and scenarios for him staying.
There really is no rush.

Fair enough, I'm just impatient. :)

So you'd be comfortable with receiving Acres as compensation for losing Hurley? I would've thought we'd be chasing a more talented player.
Acres and their 1st rd would effectively net out at a 1st rd player (and i think Acres would be ahead of a few in years draft if he can hit his best form consistently) plus a pick around 8-10.

Is Hurley even back yet? This isn't like the Gary Ablett situation, both he and his manager have been overseas for 5 - 6 weeks. I try and think of It as still being June and he hasn't signed.

if he does go, I'm sure he'll demand the club gets a good trade in return.
+1

Hibberd is an interesting one, he's best 22 at the club and we've clearly turned a corner so I'm not sure what's so appealing about Melbourne.
Simple, it's Simon Goodwin and Brendan McCartney. Just as it was Brendan McCartney for Stu Crameri, just as it will be Mark Harvey for Nat Fyfe...
Stormtrooper-GIF.gif~c200

The longer this takes the more I'm starting to dislike Hurley.

The "Think of what we put him through" line is crap IMO, Grow up IMO and make a decision.

Oh and if he picks Collingwood, The booing he will cop on Anzac day will be something else, Prepare for the "Against the Anzac spirit" articles. :)

If I had an employer treat me as Essendon has its players I'd be out of there so quick it would make your head spin. We don't get to judge the players on this. The club treated them like shit and its remarkable that more haven't left.

If Hurley leaves I'll naturally be disappointed - he has been one of my favourite players since we drafted him - but I'm not going to act like a child and boo him. He has sat through four absolutely dreadful seasons with the Bombers and he has always given 100 per cent on the field. If he decides to leave I cannot honestly blame him and any supporter who does need a firm lesson on perspective.

If I had an employer treat me as Essendon has its players I'd be out of there so quick it would make your head spin. We don't get to judge the players on this. The club treated them like shit and its remarkable that more haven't left.

If Hurley leaves I'll naturally be disappointed - he has been one of my favourite players since we drafted him - but I'm not going to act like a child and boo him. He has sat through four absolutely dreadful seasons with the Bombers and he has always given 100 per cent on the field. If he decides to leave I cannot honestly blame him and any supporter who does need a firm lesson on perspective.
He's just getting impatient. The heat is turning up and nobody has a clue what's going on, it's frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking like McCluggage but things could change with the last few TAC cup games coming and finals
If McCluggage can keep finding the ball and hitting the scoreboard, he'd be hard to ignore. Even if Brodie has shown himself to be AFL ready and has leadership to boot.
I wonder if the appeal is successful if we could apply to the AFL for a priority pick for being needlessly weakened and our development into potential premiership players like Hurley, Myers, Heppell and co stymied.
Brodie and McCluggage would be awesome. and the Lol's would be delicious.

Have you guys heard any rumours about Hurley making an announcement this week on his playing future? If he's making it this early than surely he's staying?

Have you guys heard any rumours about Hurley making an announcement this week on his playing future. If he's making it this early than surely he's staying?
There are rumors about Hurley doing everything lately. He's staying, he's gone, he's 50/50, he's a vegan, he's a massive Steven Segal fan, he's talking to every club, he's talking to no clubs, he's not a fan of Steven Segal's ponytail, he thinks he knows why our team has been completely putrid in Sri Lanka and can fix it using the sorcery of his newly found beard powers.

Personally I'm only confident on the he's staying and he has beard power ones. I'm calling shenanigans on the Steven Segal ponytail rumor. Doesn't ring true at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back