Multiplat Elden Ring

Remove this Banner Ad

If there's enough time for a charged R2, there's enough time for you to heal. If there's enough time for you to summon a spirit ash, there's enough time to heal.

An eye opening experience for me was realising that all I had to do to get a window against ****ing Melenia was turn lock on off and turn my back to her. Her AI is such that she will come at you if you're looking at her and you press a button, any button or the range is right; if you're looking away, she doesn't do much more than slowwalk at you until you do something, and you can get almost as much space as you want to do whatever you want. In my first defeat of Maliketh, I wasn't locked on and managed to freeaim a cast of comet at him and because I wasn't locked on his AI was confused and dodged into it's path rather than away from it.

If you're playing solely locked on, the bosses are going to track a lot better than if you lock off sometimes. You can gain distance and windows much easier by tinkering with how you approach the fights. Even agains the final boss, they signal their agro really straightforwardly as if you've got a window - which I used to heal or renew scholar's shield - they'll walk slowly towards you regardless of range and will sprint if you don't have the window.

I'm point blank shit at using the jump to avoid damage. That, I'm simply not good at. Does that allow me to make the complaint that because I can't do this, I now can't find a healing window against Godfrey?

Frankly, DS2 was the worst when it came to healing animations being so much slower than the world, and this is more than fine.

Well I don't summon so I wouldn't know, but I rarely do charged R2s, I spam jump attack with my dual great swords like a true chad that I am

My gripe is certain attacks like the final boss's command grab, even if you dodge it and heal, he recovers quicker than your healing animation, so if you do sip you are guaranteed to get womboed, which doesn't seem fair. I don't think it's the attack that's the problem, but the healing animation really is that slow which really ****ing suck. If it's bloodborne's heal speed it'd be so much more intuitive.

Even if something like a light roll = quick step would improve the feel of the combat so much more, it'd incentivize me to actually go light equip.

If fromsoft wants to make their bosses more like Sekiro which is actually a good thing, then I just want something like Elden Ring 2 or whatever their next game to evolve the combat, the DS3 combat mechanics just feel dated

It just seems that some enjoy the feeling of conquering the challenge more so than enjoying the game. Im probably wrong.

I consider myself a scrub gamer, and while I've had a few rage quits - it's not full on punishment gluttony.

Consider myself a Zelda fanboy, but I think the sense of exploration and change of scenery is better in Elden Ring. It's such a beautifully built world too. Would definitely suggest giving it a go.

It just seems that some enjoy the feeling of conquering the challenge more so than enjoying the game. Im probably wrong.
It's subjective, but I think the point of these games being hard is missed a fair bit.

When you enter these worlds, you are entering a world of outer gods of a Cthulhu variety and capital G Gods of a Greek variety, with your only ability being to improve. While you start off as a lvl 1 character, you are the only being that can revive after death - you and the other weaklings on their own, whether those branded by the darksign, those moonkissed hunters, those resurrected from ash unworthy to be a lord or a tarnished - and who can improve themselves through victory. Every other being in these worlds are stagnant, but that is because they've either reached the apex of their potential or because their strength has waned.

To make it plain: the difference between you and a boss in these worlds is that they have ceased improving. Where once Gwyn was incandescent and brilliant as he fired bolt after bolt at the Ancient Dragons, now he is a withered out, broken old man barely taller than you are. Where his eyes once held ferocity, the sockets are hollow, empty and tired. Where he once looked vital, his skin is cracked and his lips are pulled back into a snarl without end.

He went hollow, and you haven't.

The point of these bosses being hard is the weight of deeds they bring with them upon their shoulders. Renalla might've been broken by Radagon leaving, but you do not fight the Carian queen and champion without risking being oneshot by her mastery of sorcery. You need an army to defeat the one who held back fate. To fight against Maliketh is to fight against the greatest assassin in The Lands Between; to fight against the only being capable of bestowing death upon another person.

To defeat the Fire Giant is to defeat the last of his kind, sworn to defend the kiln behind him with access to an outer god of destructive fire.

The difficulty isn't the point. To aspire against these foes is to seek to do something that is difficult.

To remake the world, you first must break it.

Last edited:
Game can officially heck right off.

Last night managed to knock off messemer in one go. Did about another 4 hours after using her Ashes or whatever to get to enir-elim..
come back tonight and it didn't save.

20 or so goes and still trying to kill messemer or whatever his name is.

Get f****ed

Last edited:
I managed to get 4 characters through the DLC, str/faith/dex and int builds and I still say that phase 2 for Radahn is bs.
I'm expecting a nerf at some stage.

I'm really out of practice with ER, i thought I was pretty alright at it but I'm getting my arse handed back to me.

I love this game.

Up to the last boss of the DLC, cleared everything else. **** though, this one might take a while. Longer than Melania. I've done him like 20 times and the furtherst I've got him is like 1/3 health off.
Took me foreeeever. As an Elden Ring nuffy, my advice is:

Dont even bother if your not lvl 18/19 Scadu.
I used the claws with the scattershot AOW, haemorrhage works well.
Save you flask of tears for phase 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Elden Ring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back