Unofficial Preview Elimination Final Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They can handle it (they've been able to do it for well over a decade at this point, it's just very rarely turned on) but I've always assumed the extra load/length of time to do so for the bigger venues and demand just doesn't make it worth their while. They know it's going to sell out anyway, they've got a captive audience.
Another one or two companies entering the market would fix that problem.
I realize they have the ability to do it differently should they choose to.
You say they have had the capacity to do this for a decade.
That's why i mentioned they may need to actually spend some money on a new system/model.
I assume lots of new technology has come on the market in the last decade.

How big was the show? And would they have all the sorts of restrictions that the AFL impose on Ticketmaster/Ticketek
Yes the show was much smaller, but can still be applied to any size crowd. The bigger issue is they want to push people through as quickly as possible, so allowing the thousands booking for AFL finals to independently select their seats will slow the process...plus the confusion of "WTF can't I choose these seats if they're available!" frustration from people who don't read messages on the screen.
That's why i mentioned they may need to actually spend some money on a new system/model.
I assume lots of new technology has come on the market in the last decade.
With big data and AI, they should have a better idea of how many people book in what sized groups, which seats go first etc.
They can also do smarter things like allowing people who plan ahead to specify their preferred seating in a booking profile (wing/goals/pocket, upper/lower etc), save barcodes etc.
Even with the current system of allocating "best available", provide an easy "I don't like these seats, try again" button, rather than the current mess.

Seems like ticketing must have been a debacle everywhere based off of this. I don't understand how Ticketmaster / Ticketek system's are so bad and not just for AFL but in gereral.

I have to admit, we were in the queue about 20 minutes early, when it opened it said we were 888 in line and when we got through we got fantastic seat above the coaches box on the top level right at the front, better than our season ticket seats on the other side of the ground. My mate twice rejected the seats offered trying to get better seats, after the 2nd time it dropped him our and he had to start again and ended down the bottom tucked back under the stands near the goals. While in saying great, easy process he is saying it's crap and he got lousy seats - but ultimately it was the user not the system.

The platform is far from user friendly.

After entering barcode(s) , you are left to your own devices to figure out what comes next

I probably sound like an old dinosaur but it took me ages to work out that after you upgrade one ticket , you have to scroll down the page to upgrade the second ticket.

As if you would enter 2 barcodes and decide to upgrade one seat and not the other.

Then there is the mysterious "something went wrong" message which means you have to join the fue again

Very messy

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
our experience was so different, straight in, took the seats allocated, paid the money and out in a matter of minutes with great seats above the coaches boxes.

One part that completely riles me is that there is literally no say or option to choose what bay (or even seat) you want to sit in; its just completely random. Same with music concerts too.
you can reject the seats offered and it will keep finding you a block of how many you like in random places until you get ones near where you want but yes - you cant nominate specific seats to make up your block.

Anyone know what time we are training each day?

Do we ever do night sessions?

Given the crazy heat and the fact we only have 1 game left at the gabba and it's at night it would make a lot of sense. But somehow i doubt we are

Given the crazy heat and the fact we only have 1 game left at the gabba and it's at night it would make a lot of sense. But somehow i doubt we are
The fact humidity is now on the rise means the ball will be slippery at night, as it was for the Essendon game, after conditions had been mostly dry for our night games through most of the season.

Another reason why we should be training at night.

I have to admit, we were in the queue about 20 minutes early, when it opened it said we were 888 in line and when we got through we got fantastic seat above the coaches box on the top level right at the front, better than our season ticket seats on the other side of the ground. My mate twice rejected the seats offered trying to get better seats, after the 2nd time it dropped him our and he had to start again and ended down the bottom tucked back under the stands near the goals. While in saying great, easy process he is saying it's crap and he got lousy seats - but ultimately it was the user not the system.
The queue is still a lottery.
I was in 30-minute prior to opening sales before being 4500 plus in the queue.
Ticketmaster have admitted the queue system is still random when time opens.
Took 15 minutes to get my turn.
I am glad you got offered good seats but that was just luck.

The queue is still a lottery.
I was in 30-minute prior to opening sales before being 4500 plus in the queue.
Ticketmaster have admitted the queue system is still random when time opens.
Took 15 minutes to get my turn.
I am glad you got offered good seats but that was just luck.
A mate of mine only logged On at 9.58 and he had less than 3000 in front of him in the queue.
I logged on at 9.40 and was 3900 in the queue.

Not sure what time but Dunks mentioned on his podcast with Adam Treloar that he can't go to the Brisbane VFL game (with Kyle Dunkley playing) on Saturday because they have training that day.

The fact humidity is now on the rise means the ball will be slippery at night, as it was for the Essendon game, after conditions had been mostly dry for our night games through most of the season.

Another reason why we should be training at night.

Been saying the same for years. Befuddling why we don’t train in the conditions.

Who do we think earned the sub spot for seniors next week after the VFL performance today?

I’d still like Reville as we know what he can offer but he was very quiet today.

Or do we go Payne & Starcevich for Joyce & Sharp and McKenna/Answerth goes to sub? I have a feeling that might be the likely outcome after no one really put their hand up today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do we think earned the sub spot for seniors next week after the VFL performance today?

I’d still like Reville as we know what he can offer but he was very quiet today.

Or do we go Payne & Starcevich for Joyce & Sharp and McKenna/Answerth goes to sub? I have a feeling that might be the likely outcome after no one really put their hand up today.

I think that's most likely. McKenna to sub. Alternative is Sharp sub. But that doesn't utilise his best asset....continual running.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd be disappointed to see Answerth go to sub after the game he played against the Bombers. I trust him when the ball hits the deck much more than Mckenna or any of our depth options that we have available. He's got that hunger for the contest that'll be critical in finals.

I'd be disappointed to see Answerth go to sub after the game he played against the Bombers. I trust him when the ball hits the deck much more than Mckenna or any of our depth options that we have available. He's got that hunger for the contest that'll be critical in finals.
Payne and Starcevich have to come in which means Answerth is likely to miss out on the 22.

Love Noz's hunger for the ball, but he still has the tendency to bang the ball on the boot blindly when the pressure ramps up.

So doesn't McKenna miss out instead of Answerth?

That's the order I'd have them in, both for balance, and McKenna's form this year.
Depends on what is meant by balance.

We're bringing in a lockdown in Starcevich and another likely to be focused on defence in Payne.

I don't mind playing Answerth at all, just wondering how we'll view the matchups.

I've been a fan of McKenna but he's testing me.

Payne, Starcevich make a return assuming they train, and Reville also in the picture for sub.
Payne for Joyce
Starcevich for either Answerth or McKenna. With one of those the possible sub, Reville also a chance for sub.

i actually prefer Answerth over McKenna.
Answerth played a much better game than McKenna v Bombers
Answerth: 18 D, 3 M, 4 T, 7 cont poss, 3 I50, 4 R50
McKenna: 15 D, 4 M, 0 T, 2 cont poss, 3 I50, 0 R50.
That gives us two small lockdown type players in Answerth and Starcevich,
Then we have two small attacking players in Zorko and Wilmot.

McKenna 28years old, 119 games and 5 finals
Answerth 25 years old, 67 games and 4 finals

Fagan might gamble with McKenna as he has more upside if he can get his act together.
The issue is he has had an unremarkable season. Even his recent form does not scream pick me i am back.

Sharp omitted in my opinion.

Yeah if I had it my way, if it was Payne & Starcevich for Joyce & Sharp I’d be making McKenna sub and keeping Answerth in the starting 22. I posted prior to the Bombers game that with Zorko focussing on generating attack from the half back line and for the most part being a liability defensively, we need a defensive minded lockdown defender to balance that out as opposed to another attacking minded player e.g. McKenna. It also allows Wilmot to provide some dash from the backline without needing to cover Zorks so much with Starcevich and Answerth doing the defensive grunt work on opposition smalls.

I felt like Wilmot lost some of his offensive drive with Zorko and Brain in the team as he stayed back to cover them. With Answerth in, Wilmot can find a bit more leeway to join Zorks in driving our attack from the half back line.

So doesn't McKenna miss out instead of Answerth?

That's the order I'd have them in, both for balance, and McKenna's form this year.
Spot on. Sadly, McKenna has been a long way from AFL standard in terms of fitness and skill this year. Shouldn’t feature at all in this final series with Answerth, Starc, Brain all available.

Love Noz's hunger for the ball, but he still has the tendency to bang the ball on the boot blindly when the pressure ramps up.
I could be wrong but the two that do this way too often and I expect more is Ashcroft and willmott
Those two guys seem to be in a better space but execute the dump kick.
Maybe it’s a lack of fellow players that haven’t worked hard enough to make that offer for a better option
That last part unless you watch tapes who would know.

Would you consider Fletcher out and Reville in? I don’t think we can afford not to have Bruuuuuuuuuce’s laser like kicks and composure when the game is on the line. Fletcher has massive upside but butchers it a lot at present.

I could be wrong but the two that do this way too often and I expect more is Ashcroft and willmott
Those two guys seem to be in a better space but execute the dump kick.
Maybe it’s a lack of fellow players that haven’t worked hard enough to make that offer for a better option
That last part unless you watch tapes who would know.
Wash was doing it a bit when he returned but started finding a bit more composure. Wilmots almost seems to be tactical - at least he does it more often to a contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back