Unofficial Preview Elimination Final Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wash was doing it a bit when he returned but started finding a bit more composure. Wilmots almost seems to be tactical - at least he does it more often to a contest.
To be fair to Wilmot he seems to get a few hard ball gets and is under pressure to evade the opposition and find a way through . Overall his disposal is fine and as you say Ashcroft is getting better each week.

To be fair to Wilmot he seems to get a few hard ball gets and is under pressure to evade the opposition and find a way through . Overall his disposal is fine and as you say Ashcroft is getting better each week.

Sometimes it’s pretty unavoidable. At least Wilmot has a nice long kick to get it clear

I am concerned about recovery by Carlton injured players, I would have loved to have played them this week.
Not really worried about that, a few of them will be short of a run and could be rusty particularly Docherty, might turn out to be an advantage for us if they include too many coming back from injury.

I think most of the time it's fine - I was just replaying to another poster that even when he does dump kick, it's usually not blindly, or if it is it's high enough to allow teammates to make a contest.

Brandon Starcevich, Jack Payne, Darcy Wilmot.
Dayne Zorko, Harris Andrews, Ryan Lester.

Oscar McInerney, Lachie Neale, Josh Dunkley.
Jarrod Berry, Will Ashcroft, Hugh McCluggage.

Charlie Cameron, Eric Hipwood, Cam Rayner.
Kai Lohmann, Joe Daniher, Zac Bailey.

Noah Answerth, Callum Ah Chee, Logan Morris, Jaspa Fletcher.

Sub- Bruce Reville or Conor McKenna.

Thats probably about the best team/players we can have on the field excluding the ACL boys.
Sub down to about 3 choices.

So, coming into the 1st final we don't really have any injuries which is unusual.
But we did suffer early in the year that affected the season of course.

Yep. No Irishmen should be near the team

And why can't you run in with one hand behind your back? Won't look as silly as missing from point blank range will.
It's the same in golf. Your bottom hand i.e. your right hand for right handers controls the direction . Wherever that's aiming the ball will go. .The left hand is just there to contain the length of the backswing.

It's the most sensible thing I've heard Fev say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the same in golf. Your bottom hand i.e. your right hand for right handers controls the direction . Wherever that's aiming the ball will go. .The left hand is just there to contain the length of the backswing.

It's the most sensible thing I've heard Fev say.
So that's why I slice the crap out of the ball.
Lol, I don't play anymore , but when I did I always used to have these light bulb moments and go that's it.
Then I'd go to the course and as soon as the ball was in front of me and i had a driver, totally different, next fairway over would be my second shot.
But I'd love to have another crack at it at some stage.

So that's why I slice the crap out of the ball.
Lol, I don't play anymore , but when I did I always used to have these light bulb moments and go that's it.
Then I'd go to the course and as soon as the ball was in front of me and i had a driver, totally different, next fairway over would be my second shot.
But I'd love to have another crack at it at some stage.
Tuck your right elbow in as close to your body as you can on the backswing. It's probably flying upwards which means you're cutting across the ball and slicing with your right hand not coming down straight with a slight right to left bias as it should.

Tuck your right elbow in as close to your body as you can on the backswing. It's probably flying upwards which means you're cutting across the ball and slicing with your right hand not coming down straight with a slight right to left bias as it should.
The real reason I come to BF is for the intermittent golf tips.

Happy Gilmore Golf GIF

I think we'll end the golf tips there before going down that rabbit hole.

But what Fev said was interesting in that I'd always wondered why he'd line up as he did. As a golfer it makes perfect sense.

Our guys don't seem to have any robotic structure and run in higglety pigglety which is fine if they're on song but when it falls apart we've seen the outcome.

The other thing about having a set routine and process is that it's not much good unless you practice it constantly and have confidence in it. Something Hogan seems to have stuck with and it's improved his results no end.

From a planning point of view, I would imagine it would be a very busy week for the coaching staff this week.
No doubt we will plan for most of the bigger players to be in the game for Carlton like the Curnow’s and McKay’s.
But where do we sit on others like Cerra, Martin, Docherty, Saad, McGovern, DeKoning, Fantasia.
I would assume we would need to make plans for them all to be there and then provisional plans for replacements if they are not.
Makes it a very difficult week.
Especially after Fages claims through the week that they didn’t put enough work into planning for Bobby Hill in the Grand Final last year.

From a planning point of view, I would imagine it would be a very busy week for the coaching staff this week.
No doubt we will plan for most of the bigger players to be in the game for Carlton like the Curnow’s and McKay’s.
But where do we sit on others like Cerra, Martin, Docherty, Saad, McGovern, DeKoning, Fantasia.
I would assume we would need to make plans for them all to be there and then provisional plans for replacements if they are not.
Makes it a very difficult week.
Especially after Fages claims through the week that they didn’t put enough work into planning for Bobby Hill in the Grand Final last year.
A couple of us went on about Bobby in the leadup. That was a big error. Surprised to hear him say that.

I felt for Fages in that mea culpa because he's obviously carrying a bit of guilt around . I don't think writing down your mistakes and reflecting on them is much of an idea. The players will absolutely know what they did wrong. Writing it down discussing it , fessing up to everyone else and talking about what they've learnt is overkill. It's not an AA meeting.

Others will probably disagree but I find that a little strange and self defeating.

A couple of us went on about Bobby in the leadup. That was a big error. Surprised to hear him say that.

I felt for Fages in that mea culpa because he's obviously carrying a bit of guilt around . I don't think writing down your mistakes and reflecting on them is much of an idea. The players will absolutely know what they did wrong. Writing it down discussing it , fessing up to everyone else and talking about what they've learnt is overkill. It's not an AA meeting.

Others will probably disagree but I find that a little strange and self defeating.

It was quite comfortably the best game of his career. Would be like teams now not putting enough planning into Kai and him coming out and kicking 5 and having 20 touches in a grand final

I am a terrible slicer as well.
Would love to be able to curl a ball from right to left.

It was quite comfortably the best game of his career. Would be like teams now not putting enough planning into Kai and him coming out and kicking 5 and having 20 touches in a grand final
That's all true. Except we did flag on here that he was the danger guy on the MCG in that particular game several times if we didn't get the right matchup.

Sure ,he probably fluked it. Maybe there was nothing we could do and it was just one of those things.

Maybe if we put more time into him someone else might've got off the chain.

That's all true. Except we did flag on here that he was the danger guy on the MCG in that particular game several times if we didn't get the right matchup.

Sure ,he probably fluked it. Maybe there was nothing we could do and it was just one of those things.

Maybe if we put more time into him someone else might've got off the chain.

Pretty easy on a forum. We all flag things unlikely to happen just to look smart if it does occur

Ah Chee to be a revelation in the ruck this weekend after Oscar is injured at the first centre bounce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back