Preview Elimination Final: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Saturday 09/09/17 @ 4:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theyre already my most hated team but a view of their board makes me sick. 90% of them flogs that cant even talk seriously about the game.
Although most sydney fans Ive spoken to know absolutely nothing about the game anyway..

They clap when buddy gets it

I like Hartley but I'm not comfortable with him against Buddy. We need to get that match-up absolutely spot on, as it will go a loooong way towards us being in with a proper chance of winning.

Reid had the better of Hurley last time as well. Having Ambrose back will help.

What a disgrace Swans board thread is. The COLA cheats, go **** yourselves

Expect Sydney to come out trying to rough up our young guys pre the first bounce through to mid 2nd quarter.

Their backmen will scrag our forwards illegally all game long and not get called for it.

Their midfield will play like they are going 10 rounds and be extremely physical. And then rely on Kennedy to
use his quick hands and quick release to move the ball forward.

Buddy could not miss on the weekend.. he will not always be so accurate.

Heavy tags on Zaka and Zach most likely.

I reckon the 'soft' end to the year draw wise does us a disservice. We are renowned as a club for giving our best against the best but not showing up (or losing) to the crap. The fact we won them at all is a bonus!

It's like we are 19 year old boy premature ejaculators... We start the game with a huge flurry, I'm Gunna win this so baddd! Then just stop after 4 goals ...letting them back in , before long it's a nervous struggle.

Our best footy this past 6 weeks has clearly been vs the dogs and the crows.

I'd be hesitant to say we are out of form, it's just our schtick.

I'd expect an vastly improved showing verses the cream as it's our mo.

Don't think he and Reid will kick 1.9 between them like last time
Well Fantasia kicked 1.4 that game and we missed very simple shots on a slippery night. Inside 50s were 52-52. I really do think that we match up well against them. Sydney don't worry me as much as it worries others. Since round 6, the most they've conceded was against us. The least we've scored since round 7 is 80.

I don't think we'll win, but I think we'll go very close

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long does it take to get from the airport to the SCG on public transport?
Get the airport train to Central 10 mins and they probably have buses on that day for SCG. Otherwise same train line to Circular Quay and then there are definately buses to Moore Park (SCG). You'll be the only person not in red and white on the bus but some people love that sort of thing.

Expect Sydney to come out trying to rough up our young guys pre the first bounce through to mid 2nd quarter.

Their backmen will scrag our forwards illegally all game long and not get called for it.

Their midfield will play like they are going 10 rounds and be extremely physical. And then rely on Kennedy to
use his quick hands and quick release to move the ball forward.

Buddy could not miss on the weekend.. he will not always be so accurate.

Heavy tags on Zaka and Zach most likely.

They will try and get the jump on us game could be over in the first qrt if we don't come to play.

Hope I'm wrong but the last 6 weeks haven't filled me with much confidence of doing some damage.

i didn't visit the post match thread much so not sure if it was discussed...

but I noticed we made a concerted effort to play 'tempo' footy at times yesterday.

It was as if the coaching panel said ok, we are playing a lesser opponent here, if they chalk two goals in a row, I want you to try our new plan b. Hold the ball for a while and take the sting out of their charge. It will be needed come finals.

There were loads of times I saw a player mark at chb and do the hands down motion, to slow things up, then they would start chipping backward - it cost us a few goals because we are not so proficient at it, but what dosent help is our thick crowd sometimes, the minute a player kicks backwards they moan and sigh like its the worst thing ever, then they start with the panicky thing... before long the players are on tenterhooks, miss a target and we cough up a goal.

I wish sometimes our fans would grow up and realise we cant just carve thought the middle every play to score a goal, sometimes you need to hold and soak up a bit of time

My initial thoughts were:

Ins: Hurley, Hooker, Fantasia
Outs: Hocking, Laverde, Begley

But I'm now starting to think if Hocking is still up to playing a run with role against someone like Kennedy (who won them the game last time). So perhaps, Colyer out instead? hrm...

My initial thoughts were:

Ins: Hurley, Hooker, Fantasia
Outs: Hocking, Laverde, Begley

But I'm now starting to think if Hocking is still up to playing a run with role against someone like Kennedy (who won them the game last time). So perhaps, Colyer out instead? hrm...

is fantasia fit? I thought his hammy was 6 weeks minimum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back