Preview Elimination Final vs Richmond Tigers @ the Gabba, Thu Sep 1 7:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks overwhelmed, like he is plugging holes, a step behind etc and unable to float and impact with freedom.

This is it I think. He’s always been a bit of a plodder honestly, but excelled because of his positioning and ability to read the play.

Now he’s having to worry about everyone else as well as himself, it may be too much. Wonder who else we can make the general down there.

That's true. And for athletes in general. You often see guys iced up around the knee area after games. Apart from all the training. Voss had bone on bone knee for the latter part of his career but he did have a very serious leg break that didn't help the load.

It would still be unusual for someone of Harris' age with his injury history to have any significant arthritis in both knees unless it's a genetic issue. Never seen him ice the knees after a game either.
I really want to learn more about Voss and his injuries, the changes he had to make to his game style over time etc. I was pretty young when he was playing and didn't understand any of the injury issues etc apart from the ostietis pubis that he explained to me. I have to assume if not for the leg break and the other injuries he could have been even better?

This is it I think. He’s always been a bit of a plodder honestly, but excelled because of his positioning and ability to read the play.

Now he’s having to worry about everyone else as well as himself, it may be too much. Wonder who else we can make the general down there.
Harris is a very smart footballer IMO. Doesn't always make the correct decision, no one does but his footy IQ generally makes up for his lack of speed etc.

I really want to learn more about Voss and his injuries, the changes he had to make to his game style over time etc. I was pretty young when he was playing and didn't understand any of the injury issues etc apart from the ostietis pubis that he explained to me. I have to assume if not for the leg break and the other injuries he could have been even better?
He has significant post footy issues and probably played for too long when he shouldn't have if his LT health was a primary concern.

He lost his running capacity to a degree and you could take 10-15 yards off his best kicks so to achieve what he did with all that he had wrong with him was remarkable. The biggest problem was bone on bone knee , forget which one ,played under a lot of pain .

But none of it stopped him.

FWIW my brother is 6'9 (Harris is 6'8 IIRC), he isn't an elite athlete but has always worked fairly labour intensive jobs. He does have problems in his knees, though solely based on seeing how many basketball players seem to ice their knees I would assume it is a height/weight (that comes with height) issue.
I am short, old and feel sore most days!

He has significant post footy issues and probably played for too long when he shouldn't have if his LT health was a primary concern.

He lost his running capacity to a degree and you could take 10-15 yards off his best kicks so to achieve what he did with all that he had wrong with him was remarkable. The biggest problem was bone on bone knee , forget which one ,played under a lot of pain .

He was amazing player. This is Bernie Quinlan like.

His broken leg was pretty significant.

I'm tipping Zac Bailey to have a massive impact tomorrow night, 25+ disposals and 4+ goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty has always given us (and others) problems
But at present (may feel different after game) i like him coming back into their side after not playing since round 16
Also he has only played 8 games in 2022

After coming off in round 23 Lynch had a scan and has been cleared of any serious groin injury,
However he also might be a bit suspect during the game

Cumberland also had a training injury issue so maybe he is not 100% either

That's three in their forward line

I was lucky enough to be on business flights a few times when they were at the airport at the same time, I remember a few time in Brisbane terminal when they were returning from games near the end of his career. He would come off the plan with his knee swollen like a football and compression bandages all over it. It just looked ugly. I remember reading somewhere he could hardly train but there he would be each game day, ready to go again. I'm not sure clubs would allow players to endure that sort of thing anymore out of 'duty of care'. He was a champion leader with by example and intellectual leadership skills - he simply hated to be beaten. I wish we could find another Captain like him right now.

Anyone else tired of the “Will he or won’t he?” in regards to Dusty playing. We all know he’s playing, Blind Freddy knows he’s playing. I guess that’s the Melbourne media for you.

if we win and melbourne lose i wouldnt want to see the atmosphere over the next preview thread....
dead family guy GIF

Bit of a risk.Thought they might think they could get the job done without him.
Dusty did his hamstring mid july and been 5 weeks , I think he is fine and in full training the last week
Will mostly play 80/20 fwd mid and will be fine

Shai boltons partner is heavily pregnant and over due and probably wanted to spend the extra day

Dusty did his hamstring mid july and been 5 weeks , I think he is fine and in full training the last week
Will mostly play 80/20 fwd mid and will be fine

Shai boltons partner is heavily pregnant and over due and probably wanted to spend the extra day
Surely Shai should miss the game just in case she gives birth tomorrow, he needs to get his priorities right.... it would be a shame if he had to miss the game though.:D;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back