Ellinbank Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think good coaching from NNG really. And in hindsight, not enough done to stop it from a CL perspective.

Cora Lynn had a superstar forward line, and NNG by dropping 2 back to their backline, ensured play was restricted between the two arcs (as CL left 2 free in their backline also).

NNG would of always been happy with a low scoring affair, rather than a shoot out, which would of been much harder to win.

Yeah I agree. I think NNG's aim was to make it a low scoring affair.

Who got BOG in the twos tumble?

Bad coaching cost cora lynn that game, watching donno try to lead between about 4 of his teamates was a joke. If ya got a bloke like that in the team wouldnt ya tell everyone to just get out of his way? Leave parke in the Goal square for the long kick and Donno on the lead with no one else inside 50.
Spot on leo you should put in for the coaching job next year.Anyone at the ground could see that it was hard for donno to lead and nothing got done about it.

Spot on leo you should put in for the coaching job next year.Anyone at the ground could see that it was hard for donno to lead and nothing got done about it.
THAT IS YOUR FIRST LEGIBLE & SENSICAL POST.

congratulations.

except for the bit about leo coaching cora lynn seconds. not sure what that was about.

Plugger,
What do ya think of cora lynn as a GF venue, gate of 39000 which probably means a crowd of about 5500-6000 people. Perfect venue for it, crowd was huge, ground was awesome. I reckon next year though they should look at blocking off a part near the bar on the other side of the ground and have no cars there so there is a bit more standing room for supporters on that hill.
Between ones and twos cora lynn has played 5 home GF's in 2 years and won only 2 so home ground hasnt helped much.

Between ones and twos cora lynn has played 5 home GF's in 2 years and won only 2 so home ground hasnt helped much.

I assume that means that Cora Lynn played Cora Lynn in the 2s grand final last year, otherwise I am not sure how they have played 5 out of the last 4 senior and reserve grand finals at their home ground.

There was a draw in the 2's GF last year, does that work for ya?

Ok I meant 3 years. Or since the GF has been played at cora lynn. I am sure ellinbank league ppl would have worked out what i meant.

There was a draw in the 2's GF last year, does that work for ya?

Ok I meant 3 years. Or since the GF has been played at cora lynn. I am sure ellinbank league ppl would have worked out what i meant.
Last 3 gf at Cora-Lynn and before that kwr had 2 gf maybe???.CL 2nd's have played in the last 4 gf and won 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plugger,
What do ya think of cora lynn as a GF venue, gate of 39000 which probably means a crowd of about 5500-6000 people. Perfect venue for it, crowd was huge, ground was awesome. I reckon next year though they should look at blocking off a part near the bar on the other side of the ground and have no cars there so there is a bit more standing room for supporters on that hill.

Reasonable venue. Someone said it was the best in gippsland. Wouldn't go that far. Moe is far better because of its ampitheatre feel and Morwell and Traralgon are both superb venues also.

Surface was superb but i already knew that from earlier in the week. To be completely honest though, unless the league puts public transport on the agenda for 2010, they should move it.

$39000 was without public transport. Those people didnt go there because it was at Cora Lynn. They went there to see 2 bloody good sides play footy. Not to mention the other grades and netball.

Imagine what could happen if there was public transport. I know of at least a dozen people in Moe that would have come had they had a way to get there so they could have a few sherbies.

My suggestion would be for shuttle buses from Tynong Station, or Garfield Station.

Great day though, but I am biased.

Reasonable venue. Someone said it was the best in gippsland. Wouldn't go that far. Moe is far better because of its ampitheatre feel and Morwell and Traralgon are both superb venues also.

Surface was superb but i already knew that from earlier in the week. To be completely honest though, unless the league puts public transport on the agenda for 2010, they should move it.

$39000 was without public transport. Those people didnt go there because it was at Cora Lynn. They went there to see 2 bloody good sides play footy. Not to mention the other grades and netball.

Imagine what could happen if there was public transport. I know of at least a dozen people in Moe that would have come had they had a way to get there so they could have a few sherbies.

My suggestion would be for shuttle buses from Tynong Station, or Garfield Station.

You are an idiot. They should never move it. People go, because it is a party with a football match in the centre of it. The atmosphere is electric, and it is the biggest social event of the year. Moe, pfft. At Cora Lynn, there is just the x-factor. Sets it apart from all else. As for the public transport, has never been an issue and you are the only one who seems to care. Moot point.

I never said best in gippsland but its the best in our league by a long way, Plugger you mentioned Bunyip as a venue, the crowd would not be as big at any other venue in the league and thats cos ppl know CL is a great venue and its so close to pakenham, cranbourne etc. CL is the home of the GF in our league and should stay that way for ever.

Maybe you can set up "Pluggers grand final bus tours" and bring all your mates along next year. You could drive past all the grounds in the leauge on the way and tell some stories about your great games on all the grounds!

Yeah lets put public transport on so we can more people form Moe, if people really want to come (which 3900 full paying adults did) they will come. Trying to link up a shuttle bus, with the vline services would be a logistical nightmare, it is not as if the trains run very often on a Saturday. I am biased as it is my home ground, but absolutely nothing compares to a gf at Cora Lynn, even with the disappointment of Saturday's events. I think you are the minority on this one pluggeroo.

You are an idiot. They should never move it. People go, because it is a party with a football match in the centre of it. The atmosphere is electric, and it is the biggest social event of the year. Moe, pfft. At Cora Lynn, there is just the x-factor. Sets it apart from all else. As for the public transport, has never been an issue and you are the only one who seems to care. Moot point.

Spot on bigpapa, close to your best post ever.

I must say though, the size of the bar was disappointing, although i'm not sure that was in Cora Lynn's control. Massive queue's to get a beer, hence why all the goon boys were gone by half time of the seniors. Apart from that, they put on a great show....particularly in the footy! haha

I must say though, the size of the bar was disappointing, although i'm not sure that was in Cora Lynn's control. Massive queue's to get a beer, hence why all the goon boys were gone by half time of the seniors. Apart from that, they put on a great show....particularly in the footy! haha

Booze tents are the leagues responsibility, I doubt whether the goon boys would have hung around much longer anyway, I'm pretty sure there would have been numerous free kegs that need to be tapped back at the rooms.

Yeah i suggested that it may not have been there responsibility. Seriously though, your club put on a great event, plugger's theory on public transport is laughable.

I think though if the booze was more readily available we wouldn't have been in such a hurry to move on, turned out well though, the atmosphere back at the pub first then the club was magnificent...

It was an awesome day. Made even better by the weather - where did that come from! Hot and Humid made it tough for footballers but easy for the spectators to drink.

It was my first one for a while....was very impessed.

Yeah i suggested that it may not have been there responsibility. Seriously though, your club put on a great event, plugger's theory on public transport is laughable.

I think though if the booze was more readily available we wouldn't have been in such a hurry to move on, turned out well though, the atmosphere back at the pub first then the club was magnificent...

I can imagine it would have been a big few days at the goon. I remember in 06 when we won the flag in 06 atmosphere at the club was unreal. Also despite the results on Saturday, the atmosphere at the club on Saturday night was first class, certainly helped that the b graders won so they certainly lifted the mood of the whole place.

Nyora had the bar near the changerooms and Bunyip the otherside. I was working in there for a while and it was impossible to keep up. We didnt have enough room to have more than 4 ppl working at a time. And I know its a law but having to open every bloody can slows it up a lot too. If they gave us more tables and another till we prob could have kept up a bit better. 16 year old kids with no ID arguing that they left there wallet in the car didnt help either or morons trying to buy 7 jim beam cans at a time when the limit was meant to be 2!

How was the size of the crowd compared to last year?

Gate takings boosted up by making all players pay to get into the ground. I think it must be the only league in Australia that doesn't hand out player and coach passes for the finals. Ridiculous that you have to pay $10 to put on the entertainment.

Yeah Leo would've been hard going, certainly not blaming the staff behind the jump. But i reckon that tent was about half the size of previous years. Deliberate ploy to stop people drinking as much probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back