Ellinbank Football League P3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joke big pa calm down.Just saying some people after watching that game that both of them would'nt do any good in Casey comp.

He definitely only kicked one on Grand Final day. That was in the magoos too, just after he declared he would kick 8 or 9....he did however make an inspirational half time speech about playing for the jumper....

Fair Call Ken, i heard and read a lot of comments saying that donno was past it and the EDFL was full of *******s. Guess it proves that its still good footy in the EDFL.

The difference between all country and surburban leagues is over rated when really the difference between most levels is only small.

Fair Call Ken, i heard and read a lot of comments saying that donno was past it and the EDFL was full of *******s. Guess it proves that its still good footy in the EDFL.

The difference between all country and surburban leagues is over rated when really the difference between most levels is only small.

The main difference is generally the depth. Most leagues have the same quality of players at the top end, it is the 12th - 22nd best players in the seniors side where the difference really shows up from league to league.

I can't believe some of the stuff i've just read. I particularly enjoyed the bits about Wade and Dore not being consistent enough. Ha ha that's hilarious! I'm assuming these assumptions are based on the best players lodged in the papers each week? If so, rookie mistake fellas.

Wadey is the most consistent player at the club and one of the most consistent players i've seen in footy. He hasn't missed a game for NNG in 4 years, and as Surkin said he hasn't finished outside the top 2 in the B & F in that time. He would kick a lot more goals from the midfield if needed. Same as big Dorey. He could kick a lot more goals if played out of the square every week or if it was a requirement for the team. He's an extremely unselfish footballer. Obviously, they take goals when they come, but without being on the inner sanctum of the team or match committee you would have no idea what roles they are designated within the side.

To say Dorey has been picked on reputation rather than form is an insult to the big fella as well. He's missed a bit of footy this year, but in close to all of the games he has played, he's been very very good.

Both players will be well and truly good enough to play at that level. Good luck boys.
Found this article re Canberra Championships
25 players from small towns across Victoria will return home fatigued but full of pride after representing their state at the 2010 Landmark Australian Country Football Carnival. On the final day of competition, a fatigued Victoria Districts team completed their campaign losing to WA and NSW.
The West Australian team proved too strong with more options up forward running out winners in the first game of day 4.3-27 to 1.6-12. Best players for Victoria were Ben Harrison, Ryan Haythorpe, Matthew Wade, Brad Hutchinson, Clay Brewer and Steve Schultz.
The final game of the carnival saw the Victorian Districts team come up against NSW and fatigue was a major factor in the 30 point loss - NSW winning 9.1-55 to Vic Districts 4.1-25. Matthew Davidson managed to kick three of Vic District's four goals making him one of the team's best during the game along with Shane Brewster, Matthew Wade, Brad Hutchinson and Chris Urie.
According to coach, Ron Thomas, the players gave everything they had during a tough three days of competition.
"Because we were ranked number seven in the ratings we had to do the hard work on the first day and were the only team to play 4 games," said Ron Thomas.
"On that first day we played super but we did drop away through absolute fatigue in the final games today. Unfortunately people only look at the scoreboard and don't see the effort that the boys put in. I believe the team played as well as they possibly could and the whole carnival was a great experience for them.
"Only two of the players had ever represented Victoria before and in the overall perspective of the competition these boys have come and played against best in Australia and when they go home the experience will be something they'll always remember.
Ron Thomas was particularly pleased with a couple of players including one youngster who he hopes will be rewarded with an All Australian jumper later today.
"Matthew Wade is a young boy from Nar Nar Goon in Gippsland. He's won our best player award for the carnival and I'm really hoping that he is in the running for an All Australian jumper and the best under 21 player.
"Our Captain, Steve Schultz, was also outstanding and really led by example. It's amazing to think that he comes from a town - Kalkee in Western Victoria - that doesn't even have a school, post office or hotel and he's here playing with the best country footballers in Australia.

Vic Districts defeated NSW by 5 goals on day 1 & lost to WA by 3 points on day 2

Wade and Dore are guns make no mistake about it but is their form this year good enough. Been good but not outstanding.

Wade - half the goals of the other midfielders and not as consistant as others
Dore - 18 goals from a quality CHF in a gun side, not enough

Wow

Good to see the sh*t truck Wados managed to somehow jag the Vic District player of the tournament award. Dorey even managed to kick goals for them as well in the extremely low scoring games.

I think I speak for everyone when I say: you idiot

Wow

Good to see the sh*t truck Wados managed to somehow jag the Vic District player of the tournament award. Dorey even managed to kick goals for them as well in the extremely low scoring games.

I think I speak for everyone when I say: you idiot

Fairly sure the Doctors first line says he is a gun! Never said they were no good.

Thats right Leo, read the post properly ya flog Backofthehill.

Never said they weren't good enough, did state I rate them highly but only questioned their form this year. I will admit I didn't know of Wade's B&F history at goon either. I will lift my status on Wade from gun to superstar, had a great carnival and I don't see why he couldn't/wouldn't get a regular gig at VFL maybe higher.

Dore's carnival wasn't anywhere near as good as everyone seems to think it should have been. Now before you all get your nose out joint, I still reakon he's a gun but not a superstar. Maybe, just maybe this is why Dore never fully made it in the VFL(a career that is). Was there any particular reason why he's not in the VFL? Let us know

Thats right Leo, read the post properly ya flog Backofthehill.

Never said they weren't good enough, did state I rate them highly but only questioned their form this year. I will admit I didn't know of Wade's B&F history at goon either. I will lift my status on Wade from gun to superstar, had a great carnival and I don't see why he couldn't/wouldn't get a regular gig at VFL maybe higher.

Dore's carnival wasn't anywhere near as good as everyone seems to think it should have been. Now before you all get your nose out joint, I still reakon he's a gun but not a superstar. Maybe, just maybe this is why Dore never fully made it in the VFL(a career that is). Was there any particular reason why he's not in the VFL? Let us know

Fair enough, my apologies. It must have been your criticism that sparked him into form ;)

Superstars of the league perform in finals, Ablett, Osler etc over the years. They gotta step up in finals before they are superstars.

Are you saying Wade's not a superstar Leo?

I'd say his Goon B&F history(thanks surkin) and now his canberra form warrants this. To be fair, Goon haven't exactly impressed in finals over the last few years, they maybe should have done better. Ablett, Osler etc had been in sides that won their way to Grand Finals. Very few remember who played well/stood up in losing sides except maybe GF's.

Wados had a great week in Canberra!! Super consistant and played great footy in all the games.... Whoever said he wasnt consistant was kidding themselves!!

But to me "superstar" gets thrown around far to much these days. What is a "superstar"? Is a superstar only someone in the category of a Carey,Hird,Voss,Ablett,Buckley,Matthews?? Or is a superstar someone playing a good standard of footy winning games off his own boot week in,week out whether it be AFL,VFL,SANFL or anywhere at state level? Or is a superstar defined as someone being a star at the level they are competing in no matter how high or how low? ( MPNFL,O&MFL etc even EDFL,Mid Gippy etc etc) For e.g If a bloke is tearing it up and dominating in the mid gippy league (which people tell me is rubbish) or SFL div 3 is he a superstar??

On the flip side,If Kepler Bradley (cabbage at AFL level) was playing in our comp,would we consider him a superstar if he kicked a ton and was dominating??

Interesting question/debate....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wados had a great week in Canberra!! Super consistant and played great footy in all the games.... Whoever said he wasnt consistant was kidding themselves!!

That was me burst but I said he wasn't consistant enough this year. Having only seen goon once I can only go off papers, gossip on here etc.

A superstar needs to al least be in comp of decent quality and be in a position to push for VFL, that may lead to AFL. If Mumford (some rated him very highly) can do this, a few of the leagues better players to follow. With GC & GWS coming into the AFL the door is open. The catch with Mumford was that he is a ruckman, much wanted!

Haha, no need to be smart surks.... (your a superstar when it comes to 10pm saturday nights) :thumbsu:

I am far from a superstar mate. All i do is float around in the forward line and make sure Beauy is under control....

Mexican sunday sess this week??

Think we are talking about superstar within the EDFL here. Might sound bias cos I watched nyora every week but osler was a superstar cos he turned it on in big games and when he needed too. 11 goals in a GF, 8 in the GF win against bunyip, kicked 6 in about 30 minutes when we were 4 goals down. I reckon he averaged about 7 goals in finals. Ablett kicked 9 in a quarter to beat CL a there ground one day in elim final. Games like that make peoples superstars of the league.

Wade is a gun but from what I have seen from NNG in finals he hasnt torn a game apart. Maybe this is the year??

Haha, no need to be smart surks.... (your a superstar when it comes to 10pm saturday nights) :thumbsu:

I am far from a superstar mate. All i do is float around in the forward line and make sure Beauy is under control....

Mexican sunday sess this week??

They only need one of you to do this? Known Beau for about 10 years, and he is one off ****ing unit.

Oh. I thought you meant nervous as in "I hope someone doesn't chop my penis off and present to my mother in half a tennis ball".

I'm not sure what would give someone the impression that your mother would like the idea of having your schlong presented to her in half a tennis ball, however, I can imagine the such a thought would enduce the onset of a great amount of nervousness, coupled with fear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back