Unrestricted Free Agent Elliott Himmelberg [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes sense for him to leave the Crows if he is looking for opportunity. Gold Coast is an interesting choice though. Is he any more likely to get a game there?

Himmelberg's only played FWD and pinch-hit Ruck for the Crows. There's been talk of him converting to a DEF but he's never had an extended block there. I wonder if GC have that in mind for him.
Seems to be a real opportunity for a a fwd/ruck at GC. That's why Casboult hung around for so long. Not sure Mac Andrew is the long-term play relieving in the ruck. What is that old Paganism, "You don't send a Ferrari to plough a field".
Well worth a punt for them.
GWS wouldn't be the worst either. Keefe played 2 finals for them. Have to think Himmelberg is an upgrade over that.
No disrespect to Keefe. Dude got the most out of his ability, but if they want to be serious contenders, have to look to upgrade at that spot.

GWS wouldn't be the worst either. Keefe played 2 finals for them. Have to think Himmelberg is an upgrade over that.
No disrespect to Keefe. Dude got the most out of his ability, but if they want to be serious contenders, have to look to upgrade at that spot.
Yes, that's why GWS wanted EH last year - would have retired Keeffe then. I still think he'd have a greater chance of playing games at GWS rather than GCS, given they have King, Walter, Andrew & Read whom they need to develop. Plus Lukosius, if he doesn't get traded this off-season.

Yes, that's why GWS wanted EH last year - would have retired Keeffe then. I still think he'd have a greater chance of playing games at GWS rather than GCS, given they have King, Walter, Andrew & Read whom they need to develop. Plus Lukosius, if he doesn't get traded this off-season.
I forgot about Read. He looks impressive. Will take time to put on some weight, but will be a very able replacement for Witts moving forward. You are quite right though, will likely get opportunity as a fwd/ruck next year

I forgot about Read. He looks impressive. Will take time to put on some weight, but will be a very able replacement for Witts moving forward. You are quite right though, will likely get opportunity as a fwd/ruck next year
Read is going to be a better forward than Jed IMO, he has many of the traits Jed has, athleticism, hunger, speed, but he also has a big tank and most importantly football smarts. Jed dominated as a man child but once Ethan puts some meat on his bones he is going to be something special

Moyle will take Witts spot by the end of next season

Read is going to be a better forward than Jed IMO, he has many of the traits Jed has, athleticism, hunger, speed, but he also has a big tank and most importantly football smarts. Jed dominated as a man child but once Ethan puts some meat on his bones he is going to be something special

Moyle will take Witts spot by the end of next season
Who will be better? No idea. Way too early to say, IMO.

But when comparing Walter and Read I have to strongly disagree regarding speed. Pressure is another elite trait of Walter that Read can't come close.

Who will be better? No idea. Way too early to say, IMO.

But when comparing Walter and Read I have to strongly disagree regarding speed. Pressure is another elite trait of Walter that Read can't come close.
What can I say I have a hard on for Read, I think he’s going to be very special

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Elliott Himmelberg [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back