Embarrasing Crowd Behaviour

Remove this Banner Ad

pete_hawker

Senior List
May 3, 2003
Other Teams
Hawkers
The crowd levels were quite good under the circumstances, being a wednesday and fridays games, but with the third game over i was embarrased to hear the melbourne crowd boo every ICC World player when they received their medalions. It was disgraceful.

Agree- it was pretty poor, and they particularly did it for Flintoff and Peitersen. I don't know why Simon O'Donnel mentioned the reception- I think it made it worse.

If I'd paid money to see that game, and watched the World XI fold without caring one iota, then I'd be pretty upset too.

They all got paid a sh1tload to play - the least they could do is have a red hot dip - plenty of people paid good money to see a contest, they at least owed the supporters an effort.

i was there, but didnt stick around for the ceremony

i wouldnt have booed though, just like i didnt shout "NO BALL" when Murali bowled, like a row of guys behind me did, and most of the rest of the crowd. But the sad thing was these guys did it thinking it was something original and they were uber cool for doing it, when i just felt like pointing out the same thing occurred in the first 2 matches also....losers!

grayza said:
i was there, but didnt stick around for the ceremony

i wouldnt have booed though, just like i didnt shout "NO BALL" when Murali bowled, like a row of guys behind me did, and most of the rest of the crowd. But the sad thing was these guys did it thinking it was something original and they were uber cool for doing it, when i just felt like pointing out the same thing occurred in the first 2 matches also....losers!

Yeah but the Poms did the same to Lee in the Ashes........

Yes, it is not original but it is a bit of fun! :p

the thing is regardless of how well they played, they shouldn't of boed. the world side have given up there time, sure they've been paid a bit but they came more for the enjoyment. I know its a bit of an exaggeration and people will say that they got boed cause they're quality players and should perform, but would we boe Bangladesh? I know they're on either ends of the spectrum, but common, it's not as if they're gunna look foward to touring here in the future.

Who cares? Every other country does it to us, so we can do it back.

World XI and Aussie players get $8,000 per ODI and $24,000 for the super-test.

Oh no a little booing, do you guys ever watch football, the umpires get booed off nearly every game, as does the opposition team usually but hang on they have given up there time to play so we can boo them, get real. Its a bit of funa nd adds to the atmosphere and as has been said they were paid s****loads of money to play like c graders they deserved to be booed.

I'm not to blame. I got kicked out after the eighth wicket because while walking to the toilets I overbalanced and face planted right in front of two cops. That's pretty much the only thing I remember after Lara going out. :eek:

pete_hawker said:
The crowd levels were quite good under the circumstances, being a wednesday and fridays games, but with the third game over i was embarrased to hear the melbourne crowd boo every ICC World player when they received their medalions. It was disgraceful.

Yes, I saw that as well.

Disgraceful behaviour all round in my book.

After that performance they pretty much deserved it! The crowd pays good money to see the so-called world's best and look at how bad they played! Pieterson and Flintoff were always going to get it as they were the reason Austrlia lost the Ashes. I'll give Pieterson some credit, him doing his hammy was one of the funniest moment I have seen! Pure GOLD!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pete_hawker said:
the thing is regardless of how well they played, they shouldn't of boed. the world side have given up there time, sure they've been paid a bit but they came more for the enjoyment. I know its a bit of an exaggeration and people will say that they got boed cause they're quality players and should perform, but would we boe Bangladesh? I know they're on either ends of the spectrum, but common, it's not as if they're gunna look foward to touring here in the future.
Given up their time? If you want to see mediocre cricket being played, give me $30,000 and I'll take time out of my "busy" schedule and put on an exhibition of cricket at it's worse.

My verdict: Absolute pathetic performance from the worlds "best". They deserved to be booed, with the exception of Gayle, Sangakkara and the spinners

Squizza said:
Given up their time? If you want to see mediocre cricket being played, give me $30,000 and I'll take time out of my "busy" schedule and put on an exhibition of cricket at it's worse.

My verdict: Absolute pathetic performance from the worlds "best". They deserved to be booed, with the exception of Gayle, Sangakkara and the spinners

You echo my thoughts! A local park side could have put up a better showing than the World XI!

Just because these players are out of form and out of season doesn't mean they deserve to be booed. They are some of the best players in the world, and are using their time to play these matches. It's not their fault they aren't playing at the top of their games. Show some respect. :thumbsdown:

ben.carbonaro said:
Funny ?

Would you react in the same way if an Australian player did it, I think not. :mad:
Pfft.
It is funny.

I booed them, oh boo hoo.

The players didn't care about the series.

With every medal they got, they get a 24,000 dollar cheque.

Jeering them was justified.

mushda said:
Just because these players are out of form and out of season doesn't mean they deserve to be booed. They are some of the best players in the world, and are using their time to play these matches. It's not their fault they aren't playing at the top of their games. Show some respect. :thumbsdown:
24 grand moron.

Paying their time my anus.

The tsunami game was paying their time, this was easy money for them.

Roonaldo! said:
24 grand moron.

Paying their time my anus.

The tsunami game was paying their time, this was easy money for them.

Regardless of how they played and what they got as a reward, they were trying their best and wanted to win. Of course they were hopelessly out of form but it doesn't mean they weren't trying. They were dissapointed with themselves too, they wanted success not just a pay check. No one is going to want to play in Australia when supporters have stupid attitudes like that.

Roonaldo! said:
Pfft.
It is funny.

I booed them, oh boo hoo.

The players didn't care about the series.

With every medal they got, they get a 24,000 dollar cheque.

Jeering them was justified.

Yes, they did care about the series.

They just got some cash from the ICC as payment, Tsunami game they were not paid.

Some of them probably deserved a bit of a booing (Lara, Kallis, anyone that didn't perform all series), but Flintoff??? He was injured and still got out there and provided some entertainment for everyone (as he did all series). ******** poor effort by the crowd and an embarrassment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Embarrasing Crowd Behaviour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back