• Very Disappointing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really look like essendon under Matthew knights, its up to brad Scott to accept what are doing is not right and fix it, or be gone.

We live in a harsh world and I would love to see brad turn this around, maybe we need to fork out money for an experienced assistant coach with an great history.

are you for real ????? if a player needs motivation from his coach to go out and win the ball when its there to be won ... then they are not the players that will win you a premiership .

so true, i think i could have even coached the hawks 80s team to a couple of premierships, :)

Pull your ****in heads in.
The lot of you.
End of the road?
It was a lackluster performance but Bon can only do so much when he is coaching.
As a list we have serious defficiencies.
Have any of you sat down and thought it might be the players approach?
Going back to 2010 our midfield got monstered.
Going back last year our gameplan got monstered.
This year we have become downhill skiers.

I believe the blame is a combination of both.
Players not working hard enough. And we are too reactive in the coaches box.
The fact we have a full list to select from the past month is also a bad sign.
Today highlights how much work there is to do.
Lets hope it galvanizes us and wakes us up.

If Petrie and Boomer had won us todays game it wouldnt have adressed or highlighted the serious issues that confronted us.
Over to you NMFC.

i think it will be a frustrating year but we have to be patient.

F*** being patient. Patient for what 2014 when Harvey is finished and our best forward Petrie is at the end. We have had every opportunity to stamp ourselves on the competition this year with a dream draw gifted by the AFL which guarantee will not happen next season. No injuries whatsoever aswell. Sadly Hmacs shot on goal after siren round 1 got us off on the wrong foot.

Im f***** fed up. Let's be honest since the Wayne Carey scandal the club has never recovered has it?? I know that's deep, but we just have no flavour or colour. Time to do something out of the ordinary and bring in Majak Daw. We need something different. I think this could give us a sense of hope and excitement that North Melbourne needs. Brad Scott needs to take a risk like the great Kevin Sheedy otherwise we will get nowhere.

I came over to see if someone was yanking my chain about this thread tbh. Not even trolling. If the Tiggy's got rolled this week end, and this was on our board, i'd say the same thing.
You have some talent on your list, no doubt, but, the dogs pulled one out of the box. Contested footy was what did you in today. That is an area that can always be addressed. Nothing you can do about it now, but, next week you can. You'll find out who's fair dinkum then.

There's only so much the coach can do if you're not winning the contested ball, you wouldn't have beaten Geelong if he was no good.

1) Our game plan revolves around retaining possession, which, due to a lack of skill, results in us getting picked off. This has a large effect on contested numbers.

2) Geelong were/are 8 gopals weaker in 2012.

are you for real ????? if a player needs motivation from his coach to go out and win the ball when its there to be won ... then they are not the players that will win you a premiership .we got smashed in contested ball today and clearances thats why we lost .not only that , they had a truck load more of the ball yet we lost the tackle count . its all on the players today, if you really want to achieve motivation comes from within . NO EFFORT TODAY .... weak as pi55

Mate I've played sport at a high enough level to know that the individual has a responsibility to his team mates to be motivated for war, but the coach has just as much responsibility to make sure he pushes the right buttons of his players to extract the best out of them.

This also comes down to having correct game plans to allow the team to get the best out of themselves, if the players start losing faith in the game plan then expect motivation to dip.

It only takes a 5% drop at this level and the result is what happened today.

Today they were man to man nearly (if not all) day and we still were trying to handball to a free player running past, but that is pretty hard when you have an opposition player on your hip.

Even Atley said that Scott had instructed them to give more of the same for the second half.. WTF?? We were getting smashed with the handball happy crap and he wanted the players to do more of the same???? Leave me alone!

I've been a big fan of Scott and have defended him plenty of times to other club supporters but I have a sinking feeling he is starting to lose his players.

Scott: I'm doing my best to remain composed. The review will reveal home truths

Scott: The players that aren't performing will go out because we have good players in the VFL

Who placed those moronic poll options atop this thread?

I wished I hadn't commented in it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boys, leave the Tiger references out of it. Thread is a massive over reaction.

This is so true....good post CB!!
Those calling for Scotts head on a stick should be belted in the back of the head Mick Martyn style!! Scott was never one to take a backward step when he played, nor do I think he will cop what The players produced today. As Ive said in another post he needs to wield the axe and fire rockets up the playing groups backsides its as simple as that. But to even suggest he gets the arse is just nonsense.........and only brings instability to our club.

We are coached to be REACTIVE at the contest! Can't you see that?
I can definitely see we are being reactive.

I would be surprised though if that is the way he is trying to coach them, but something definitely stinks down there at the moment.

TBH Im actually happy we lost this game because a close win would definitely have glossed over the issues for another week.

1) Our game plan revolves around retaining possession, which, due to a lack of skill, results in us getting picked off. This has a large effect on contested numbers.

I agree, while Scott has definitely improved our basic skills from last year, we're still being let down by not doing the basics correctly. With the game style we're playing theres more opportunity to stuff up (more possessions) and we're overpossessing it.

I personally dont think its necessarily a game plan problem, I think its a decisions problem, we dont pick the correct option, we end up going back multiple times (say 6-7 possessions) rather than taking the best forward option (say 2 possessions?). This means we have an extra 5 opportunitys to shoot ourselves in the foot. BUT when we do the right things, the gameplan looks stellar.

Scott: I'm doing my best to remain composed. The review will reveal home truths

Scott: The players that aren't performing will go out because we have good players in the VFL

He's completely full of shit. This sort of comment makes me want to punch my monitor.

He'll pick 21 of the same 22 next week and completely overlook the blokes that are really putting their hands up in the VFL.

This also comes down to having correct game plans to allow the team to get the best out of themselves, if the players start losing faith in the game plan then expect motivation to dip.

It only takes a 5% drop at this level and the result is what happened today.

Today they were man to man nearly (if not all) day and we still were trying to handball to a free player running past, but that is pretty hard when you have an opposition player on your hip.

Even Atley said that Scott had instructed them to give more of the same for the second half.. WTF?? We were getting smashed with the handball happy crap and he wanted the players to do more of the same???? Leave me alone!

I've been a big fan of Scott and have defended him plenty of times to other club supporters but I have a sinking feeling he is starting to lose his players.
Agree on the man on man thing.

There really appears to be no plan B at the moment. But I also have to hope that is not the coaches problem, but perhaps the decision making of the players.

Says it all

AswXrWjCIAIL7RE.jpg

There's only so much the coach can do if you're not winning the contested ball, you wouldn't have beaten Geelong if he was no good.

Lindsay Gilbee is injured.

and even he had more impact than some of our blokes...

i actually meant to say griffin, thanks for the correction.

I can definitely see we are being reactive.

I would be surprised though if that is the way he is trying to coach them, but something definitely stinks down there at the moment.

We can't pull it off and he's leaving better equippied players from our list out of the side to achieve that aim anyway.

If they can kick, they don't have stregth.
If they have strength, they don't have endurance.
If they have endurance, they don't have smarts.........etc., etc., etc.

We MUST return to a simpler more instinctive brand of football that plays to our strengths.

Ther's no ****ing way I am going to sit through another 2 and a half years of this shit.

If a couple of good mature inside contested 28+ year old footballers turn up at the end of the year, I want us to snap them up cheap.

HINT: It's no coincidence the kids in the backline are maturing the fastest as they are actually surrounded by some hard bodies and experience.

^^^^Tattoo that sentence in to your mind and refer to it often.

Scotts "throw 15 kids in the deep end" policy has been a dismal failure.

TBH Im actually happy we lost this game because a close win would definitely have glossed over the issues for another week.

Ditto!

No more cheat wins for me.

I also believe the Tiges references are a bit over the top, sure, say that doing XYZ resembles what the Tigers did in the past but theres no point hanging shit on them, it would be the same as people hanging shit on our past administration, deserved but not the supporters fall necessarily.

Even if it was correct to replace the coach the administration is so pathetic they wouldn't move on it.

Internally at the AFL they rank the performance of each CEO and have ours at number 16/18. We need Geoff Walsh back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back