England vs Sri Lanka 3 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree about Bazball. With the threat of rain and reduced play and favourable conditions England needed to get overs in
Even with all the reductions to playing time it's still a five-day match. SL have given no indication their batting lineup can survive 4-6 sessions in a row. So it was time to not be silly and build a total - if all had gone well for England they might even have only had to bat once anyway.

Conditions are very changeable in this match but it's a long haul: conditions don't stay favourable or unfavourable for long, so you need to power through the unfavourable periods and make hay when things are going your way. Case in point was England getting bowled out in the 2nd inns while the ball was swinging (not that that gives them an excuse) then bright sunshine at the start of the SL 2nd innings. The Aussie camp will be licking their lips after seeing this performance.

Also, Dan Lawrence is a shitcart cricketer.

Happy retirement to Moeen Ali, one of the few England players who doesn't seem like a flog.

He was a very good white ball cricketer and one of 4 or 5 England test cricketers to take 200 wickets and score 3000 runs.

His comment that Australia should have called Bairstow back to show they had changed their ways after sandpaper gate was floggish.

Sri Lanka done well here and could’ve really pushed England with a bit better preparation and some more judicious selection. Arguments that they’re the 4th best test team in the world currently? Probably still NZ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know SL have been whitewashed and lost many games in England/NZ/SA buy they have at least plucked the odd win and series victory over the last decade and a bit. That said when they come here they show nothing and it’s seems like the series has been lost without a ball been ball. Reckon hobart 07 was the last time SL looked competitive here and if it weren’t for a dodgy Rudi Coertzen call, SL might have even plucked a rare win

SL adapted well throughout the series, their selection and tactics improved hugely and they drove it home with the win. Nissanka and pasqual mendis are proper batsmen.

England threw this game away because they didn’t really want to win it. Josh Hull is a Pattinson of a debutant who I hope doesn’t end up as a one test wonder.

Teams will possibly look to counter BazBall with their own attacking 'Bazball' now. It worked for SL this test.

I'm sure if that happens and England lose, they'll still claim to have saved test cricket.

SL adapted well throughout the series, their selection and tactics improved hugely and they drove it home with the win. Nissanka and pasqual mendis are proper batsmen.

England threw this game away because they didn’t really want to win it. Josh Hull is a Pattinson of a debutant who I hope doesn’t end up as a one test wonder.
Strange selection to begin with. England have a number of pace bowlers who could've done with the international experience more so than Hull.

Whatever happened to that Ashes guy, Tongue?

Remove this Banner Ad

England vs Sri Lanka 3 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back