England vs Sri Lanka 3 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Nissanka looks like quality player but unfortunately SL have a habit of having of guys coming in and really looking good and then falling off. Kusal Mendis is one and even Matthews and Chandimal to an extent but both have had injury issues

Nissanka looks like quality player but unfortunately SL have a habit of having of guys coming in and really looking good and then falling off. Kusal Mendis is one and even Matthews and Chandimal to an extent but both have had injury issues

A bit of Machiavellian shit goes down in the Lankan set-up IMO and this typically results in the tearing down of their exceptional talents to keep all the competing interests/stakeholders on a similar level, rather than a building up and support of their top talents. Hopefully Nissanka can be a success rather than a casualty of the internal workings.

Sri Lanka desperately need a quick of at least Malinga calibre, a real point of difference bowler. They have too many similar types at present IMO. A new Vaas would see them elevate through the test rankings and be a genuine contender for the 4 spot vs NZ and SA.

Their batting is a bit soft but every teams batting looks soft these days, if the bowling quality is good and there is any assistance from the conditions. I think they have enough pieces to put defendable scores up.

I know SL have been whitewashed and lost many games in England/NZ/SA buy they have at least plucked the odd win and series victory over the last decade and a bit. That said when they come here they show nothing and it’s seems like the series has been lost without a ball been ball. Reckon hobart 07 was the last time SL looked competitive here and if it weren’t for a dodgy Rudi Coertzen call, SL might have even plucked a rare win

i remember this series quite well

especially this test, managing to pull off a draw playing one down with muburak as an opener

great to see them take home a win today.

especially this test, managing to pull off a draw playing one down with muburak as an opener

Kulasekara and Vaas, that's quite a monumental fourth innings effort from them to put on 105 off 40 overs for the 9th wicket. England were only behind by 80 or so when they came together.

A bit of Machiavellian shit goes down in the Lankan set-up IMO and this typically results in the tearing down of their exceptional talents to keep all the competing interests/stakeholders on a similar level, rather than a building up and support of their top talents. Hopefully Nissanka can be a success rather than a casualty of the internal workings.

Sri Lanka desperately need a quick of at least Malinga calibre, a real point of difference bowler. They have too many similar types at present IMO. A new Vaas would see them elevate through the test rankings and be a genuine contender for the 4 spot vs NZ and SA.

Their batting is a bit soft but every teams batting looks soft these days, if the bowling quality is good and there is any assistance from the conditions. I think they have enough pieces to put defendable scores up.
SL players seem to drink their bathwater as well and a lot of them behave/act like they’re global superstars (like that rapist bloke. He was stylish and promising batsmen and yet never delivered)

Chameera and Kumara are quite quick but more often than not are broken down with injuries. Neither of them look like modern day fast bowlers. Chameera is a twig and kumara is fat. Whole fitness standards of SL seems poor

They won a series over there 10 years ago

SL players seem to drink their bathwater as well and a lot of them behave/act like they’re global superstars (like that rapist bloke. He was stylish and promising batsmen and yet never delivered)

Chameera and Kumara are quite quick but more often than not are broken down with injuries. Neither of them look like modern day fast bowlers. Chameera is a twig and kumara is fat. Whole fitness standards of SL seems poor
Likely comes down to the players own choice rather than being overseen by a fitness dept. Look at mathews, he was such a fat campaigner in the past but now he’s lost a bit of weight which has extended his career.

Their putrid Chris Harris shtick did for England at the oval anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

England vs Sri Lanka 3 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back