Test England vs West Indies - 3 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

I've watched enough test cricket to know that Holder's batting has dropped off a cliff and Da Silva looks the better batsman now.

I will admit I only watch the West Indies when they play NZ or Aus or England as they are shown on Kayo at a suitable time.

I don't stay up all night trying to watch a dodgy stream when the West Indies are playing a home test series against Sri Lanka.

So you’ve watched enough to know that 4 tests ago he came in behind Da Silva who was part of a higher order that failed against Rabada and Co at the Wanderers and he smacked 81* off 118 balls. As shown on Kayo. It was only last year. Oddly enough that innings - at 8 - was the only run of more than 4 consecutive innings I can find since 2018 where he’s been at the same position.

He’s a genuine all rounder. How about, as a player with 3 centuries, 12 half centuries, most of a 60-match career with an average over 30, they just bat him where the all rounder is supposed to bat. Would make a whole lot more sense. If JDS plays like this, and like he did in Brisbane, all the time, by all means, move him. But he doesn’t. He’s passed 50 4 times in 25 tests before this one. He’s passed 50 3 times in 23 tests before Brisbane.

So you’ve watched enough to know that 4 tests ago he came in behind Da Silva who was part of a higher order that failed against Rabada and Co at the Wanderers and he smacked 81* off 118 balls. As shown on Kayo. It was only last year. Oddly enough that innings - at 8 - was the only run of more than 4 consecutive innings I can find since 2018 where he’s been at the same position.

He’s a genuine all rounder. How about, as a player with 3 centuries, 12 half centuries, most of a 60-match career with an average over 30, they just bat him where the all rounder is supposed to bat. Would make a whole lot more sense. If JDS plays like this, and like he did in Brisbane, all the time, by all means, move him. But he doesn’t. He’s passed 50 4 times in 25 tests before this one. He’s passed 50 3 times in 23 tests before Brisbane.

More boring garbage trying to take a cheap shot at me.

I'm trying to watch this test match, are you really a West Indies supporter?

You have mentioned nothing about this test despite the West Indies doing so well.

More boring garbage trying to take a cheap shot at me.

I'm trying to watch this test match, are you really a West Indies supporter?

You have mentioned nothing about this test despite the West Indies doing so well.

Don’t play the victim mate I’m not taking a cheap shot at anyone.

Im pointing out to you the silly logic behind suggesting that they bat an inferior batsman above a superior one. As part of that I asked if you actually watch the players in question beyond the odd occasion, and pointed out some pretty basic numbers. I’m not questioning your parentage or something here mate it’s a pretty straightforward discussion.

I’ve made three posts. One was related to England’s tactics and I actually did discuss the game: the three ball changes, the swing they got, how many times (specifically) Wood beat the bat, how the Windies dug in etc. I also suggested that although the pitch is flat and it helps England’s tactics with the bat, ultimately it doesn’t really do much for them because their bowling is suspect.

Nothing really wrong with that comment is there?

Then I responded to your post about Holder’s batting position and pointed out that his record, not to mention his technique, is miles better than Da Silva’s.

Sorry mate, but I’m not seeing the issue here.

DRS review took far too long, must’ve been nearly 5 minutes to get it up…

Also Duckett reviewing was beyond ridiculous, hit him on the top directly in front of middle stump

Root and Brook in, 3 down 99 runs ahead, big 45 minutes

Don’t play the victim mate I’m not taking a cheap shot at anyone.

Im pointing out to you the silly logic behind suggesting that they bat an inferior batsman above a superior one. As part of that I asked if you actually watch the players in question beyond the odd occasion, and pointed out some pretty basic numbers. I’m not questioning your parentage or something here mate it’s a pretty straightforward discussion.

I’ve made three posts. One was related to England’s tactics and I actually did discuss the game: the three ball changes, the swing they got, how many times (specifically) Wood beat the bat, how the Windies dug in etc. I also suggested that although the pitch is flat and it helps England’s tactics with the bat, ultimately it doesn’t really do much for them because their bowling is suspect.

Nothing really wrong with that comment is there?

Then I responded to your post about Holder’s batting position and pointed out that his record, not to mention his technique, is miles better than Da Silva’s.

Sorry mate, but I’m not seeing the issue here.

All good mate, let's agree to disagree on the Holder v Da Silva argument of who should be batting higher than the other.

We are supporting the same team in this test, hopefully the Windies can stay in this game by keeping the lead below 350.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All over, Bashir taking the last wicket to get his 5'fer, a disappointing collapse from the Windies after a good opening stand.

A better performance from them though than the first test, hopefully they can raise their performance again for the last test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Test England vs West Indies - 3 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back