Enough beating around the bush, do you want Norf to fold?

Should Norf fold? (voting is private)

• Yes, Norf really should fold.

Votes: 83 51.6%
  • No, we need Norf in the AFL.

Votes: 57 35.4%
  • Jack Watts is undecided.

Votes: 41 25.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You've claimed that South Melbourne died but all that happened was:

1. They changed home grounds, as North Melbourne has MANY MANY times
2. The changed names, as North Melbourne has MANY MANY times
3. The same team took the field with fewer changes than North Melbourne.

If South Melbourne died when the team moved to Sydney, North Melbourne is already dead.
Yeah, well argued.

Except the Swans also changed states. You may think it's a minor detail, but it ain't. South Melbourne/Sydney......no real difference? :confused:

And North Melbourne still have their admin/training base at Arden St, in North Melbourne, and play the majority of home games in Melbourne.

Funny how your team can be a success, yet you can still fail on Bay 13.

The facts are South Melbourne are dead. They rolled over and didn't fight for their independence as a club. They have been a AFL franchise puppet love child located in Sydney ever since.

One thing you blokes are good at is putting up a fight. You've had to do it so often it has become second nature to you.

I'll come out and say it, nothing of value would be lost if North Melbourne were to fold

Their club is one of only 2 in the history of the game to vote in favour of another club folding, and believe that this deserves to be repaid in full.
It would be sweet justice if after officially voting for another club to fold that North were to disappear (also big footy would benefit from some more realism)

I'll come out and say it, nothing of value would be lost if North Melbourne were to fold

this comment is more accurate if you replace North Melbourne with sydney......

you only won a flag because the poos and wees choked...AFL pump more money into you guys than my team,why are membership numbers never released for sydney????? contrived and manipulated by VLAD and his boys.......
now if you can't make it in a city with only one team and some 4 million people, what hope do you have when GWS actually get their shit together.......

One thing you blokes are good at is putting up a fight. You've had to do it so often it has become second nature to you.

I take this as a compliment (realising, of course, that you were again trying to point out some failing of North). It's very gratifying that our club has fought against tremendous odds to achieve what it has. It's why we love North Melbourne.

It's also a major part of the reason you are so bitter with North. The team you switched allegiances to is shamefully lacking in fight and that softness must be so frustrating. From the outsider's point of view, it's a big part of why Footscray are not generally respected.

Their club is one of only 2 in the history of the game to vote in favour of another club folding, and believe that this deserves to be repaid in full.
It would be sweet justice if after officially voting for another club to fold that North were to disappear (also big footy would benefit from some more realism)
Please explain?

I know that North made the crucial vote in favour of Geelong staying in the VFL many years ago.

I know that Aylett (as VFL president) was culpable in South Melbourne's demise ; don't know if the club also voted for that, but if so, I doubt that 2 votes for and 10 against would have carried the result. Likewise when Fitzroy was 'merged' with Brisbane.

Please explain?

I know that North made the crucial vote in favour of Geelong staying in the VFL many years ago.

I know that Aylett (as VFL president) was culpable in South Melbourne's demise ; don't know if the club also voted for that, but if so, I doubt that 2 votes for and 10 against would have carried the result. Likewise when Fitzroy was 'merged' with Brisbane.

And more to the point, the support of Ron Casey and North was crucial in allowing Sydney to continue as a club after their abject business failure in the early years led to a vote on whether they would be wound up.

What a load of shit from a bitter South Melbourne supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish.

Tell me. Which way did Sydney vote in the vote to remove Fitzroy from the AFL?

It would be sweet justice if after officially voting for another club to fold that North were to disappear

You'd better add another 14 clubs to that list in that case. Including your own.

You've claimed that South Melbourne died but all that happened was:

1. They changed home grounds, as North Melbourne has MANY MANY times
2. The changed names, as North Melbourne has MANY MANY times
3. The same team took the field with fewer changes than North Melbourne.

If South Melbourne died when the team moved to Sydney, North Melbourne is already dead.

Man I've seen some dumb posts on the Bay but this one takes the cake.

But, for the benefit of the more intelligent posters let me respond:
1.North Melbourne may have changed home grounds (which is the same as most other clubs as dictated by the AFL - see Hawthorn, Carlton, Essendon, Footscray, St Kilda, Collingwood, etc. etc. They have also played some home games at other grounds (like many clubs do). However our home has always been at Arden Street and that has not changed.
2.As already answered prior, we have changed from North to The Kangaroos once.
3.This comment is so stupid it doesn't even warrant a response.

Now take your blue pills, put you foil hat back on and go back to bed fool.

Better than the Doggies Griff, you blokes don'e even know how to do that...

The only way you blokes are likely to move up the ladder is by teams above you folding, which I assume is why you are batting so hard for these sorts of threads...

If North weren't around your club would not be missed, unlike the Tiges.

i would seriously miss richmond, shit they have been our bitches for so long....

i remember back in 95 the tiges were flying, top 3 if i remember correctly then out they came to face Carey and co first week of the finals......we all know what happened next....yeah baby the Carey show kicked in and that was that for the tiges.....
by the way hows Mr Wallaces 5 year plan working out for you...oh wait a minute.. now its hardwicks 5 year plan....your club is only headed by meltank in the embarrasement ranking and closely followed by scagscray....

Remove this Banner Ad

Enough beating around the bush, do you want Norf to fold?

Back