Premier Lg EPL Matchday 5 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean I've seen it in the NBA, if you pick up the ball and peg it at someones head. You get ejected from the game. Then usually further punishment later in fines or suspended for games.

It's the same thing really. Picking up the football and throwing it at your opponents face is not part of the game.
In golf you're not even allowed to throw the ball at any part of the body.

Good point. Well made.

Maybe Kounde was the inconsistency. If we're being honest, you can argue against any decision ever made because you'll always be able to come up with a decision that was different.

I would argue that there's a big difference between throwing a ball in someone's face than the back of their head. Gabriel himself said he barely noticed it.

Ben White kicked the ball into John McGinn after the whistle a few weeks back, it was pretty loudly celebrated. No card (or for McGinn who brought a lot of it on himself). No calls for a ban either, which is weird because for me it was a lot more violent and dangerous (I would have given a yellow).

In the long run youve got to ask the question. Do you really want someone banned for 3 games for something like this?

If so, fair enough. I think it would be pathetic, but no-ones going to change their mind now.

It was very different context however, it was in retaliation to the ball being kicked into Saliba first.

It was very different context however, it was in retaliation to the ball being kicked into Saliba first.

Ah. So it's OK to kick the ball into someone if you're getting revenge.

OK.

Ah. So it's OK to kick the ball into someone if you're getting revenge.

OK.

That’s not I said mate :)

I was pointing out they’re not like for like comparisons. Both incident warranted yellows imo. However given how many things seems to slip through without sanction in recent seasons, I genuinely don’t know what constitutes violent conduct anymore.

That’s not I said mate :)

I was pointing out they’re not like for like comparisons. Both incident warranted yellows imo. However given how many things seems to slip through without sanction in recent seasons, I genuinely don’t know what constitutes violent conduct anymore.
I'd say they're very much alike.

Petulant, unsportsmanlike acts done in the heat of the moment when your opponent has gotten under your skin. The sort of thing you'd have a laugh about over a beer after the game and you'd both admit to being a bit of a dick.

But, as you agree with me that both warranted yellows and no more I'll leave it at that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 5 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back