Recommitted Eric Mackenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

None of those players had just come off an ACL and showed signs of slowing down, I don't think anyone would offer much more than a pick in the late 20's early 30's for him.

Hooker is coming off not playing for a year and is the same age.

The market can dictate that late 20s/early 30s is his value but we'd be all kinds of stupid to take it.

Hooker is coming off not playing for a year and is the same age.

The market can dictate that late 20s/early 30s is his value but we'd be all kinds of stupid to take it.
Hookers a better player, facts are Mckenzie hasn't played high quality footy for 2 years now and will be 28 next season. Ibbotson made the AA squad just last year and he is only worth a pick in the 50's according to many.

Hooker is hands down a better play than EMac, Not sure it's possible to argue this.

Having said that I rate him and I think GWS would hand over pick 15 in a second in a straight swap.

I think Hooker, like Rance, is overrated based on possession numbers. Good player but people get a bit carried away with DT/SC scores. Talia is similar. Just as good as he's been for the last few years but now has Lever, Hartigan etc. helping him out so has more freedom to attack and is getting a lot more love.

If GWS offered pick 15 then I think we'd entertain it if Mackenzie wasn't in our future plans, but I think that he is. They'd be scarily good with a top key defender for the next 3-4 years.

Hookers a better player, facts are Mckenzie hasn't played high quality footy for 2 years now and will be 28 next season. Ibbotson made the AA squad just last year and he is only worth a pick in the 50's according to many.

Ibbotson isn't a key defender, so I'm not sure what relevance he has. If clubs aren't interested in Mackenzie then it's of no real concern to WC.

Would love to have EMac on our list. My club has always played well for KPD, Anderson for Gilham as an example. We have 2 second rounders at this stage and 3 firsts. I think the club would happily pay a second for him

I think Hooker, like Rance, is overrated based on possession numbers. Good player but people get a bit carried away with DT/SC scores. Talia is similar. Just as good as he's been for the last few years but now has Lever, Hartigan etc. helping him out so has more freedom to attack and is getting a lot more love.

If GWS offered pick 15 then I think we'd entertain it if Mackenzie wasn't in our future plans, but I think that he is. They'd be scarily good with a top key defender for the next 3-4 years.
People also underrate Emac's offensive game. he averaged 15 disposals,3.36 rebound 50's a games, 7.32 marks and was top 5 for intercept marks in 2014. His kicking is also not as bad as most fans make out it to be. with barrass an mcgovern in the side, he will have the same freedom as talia as well.

People also underrate Emac's offensive game. he averaged 15 disposals,3.36 rebound 50's a games, 7.32 marks and was top 5 for intercept marks in 2014. His kicking is also not as bad as most fans make out it to be. with barrass an mcgovern in the side, he will have the same freedom as talia as well.

Who gives a stuff about 2014? I don't mean that to be rude, but in footy terms that's a lifetime ago.

We're talking about the bloke currently playing WAFL?

They need inside mids. I think Redden was suppose to be inside but he's not up to scratch with what they're doing.

They have plenty of run and carry.
Okay then. You're right. Hill to Freo, Mackenzie to Hawks, Freo next year first to WCE?

Who gives a stuff about 2014? I don't mean that to be rude, but in footy terms that's a lifetime ago.

We're talking about the bloke currently playing WAFL?
he should have started at WAFL. he went back cause he had zero confidence. He also has lost too much muscle because of management reasons.
They need inside mids. I think Redden was suppose to be inside but he's not up to scratch with what they're doing.

They have plenty of run and carry.
redden has had 2 surgeries since he left brisbane and joined. Bloke missed all preseason. In an interview with the west he was saying that his two main strengths are his fitness and physical strength. Both are obviously well below par because of his groin and hernia issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 1 off the field. Top 1 best on the field.

Yeah based on his current numbers this year he'd be ranked 15th just for disposals alone. I guess we could upgrade on Suban who averages a couple touches less.

Such a poor year by Hill. It's like somethings on his mind about something he did.

Wouldn't EMac have spent 12 months in the gym during his reco?
Nah they have cut him back to reduce pressure off his knee. Its not only him. Mitch brown looks very skinny. Brown put on the most muscle in the 2015 preseason and his lost so much since then.

Back to EMac. He's not worth considering trading unless someone comes in at overs and that would be a late first rounder.

If it was simply a case of wanting out and putting up on the table? IMO A pick somewhere around 30.

Back to EMac. He's not worth considering trading unless someone comes in at overs and that would be a late first rounder.

If it was simply a case of wanting out and putting up on the table? IMO A pick somewhere around 30.
Thats a massive loss for the eagles. More likley to get more for schofield in that case.

Thats a massive loss for the eagles. More likley to get more for schofield in that case.

Sometimes I like Schofield. Has some nice bursts out of defense, but his last quarter against Adelaide was deplorable. He crumbled everytime he went near it. The kick out of bounds on the full, the missed handball to Hill and then backed up and got caught HTB. He was honestly just BAD.

He'd also get around the same as EMac IMO.

First rounders usually only go to stars or massive needs. A late first rounder would be the best he'd get IMO.

Sometimes I like Schofield. Has some nice bursts out of defense, but his last quarter against Adelaide was deplorable. He crumbled everytime he went near it. The kick out of bounds on the full, the missed handball to Hill and then backed up and got caught HTB. He was honestly just BAD.

He'd also get around the same as EMac IMO.

First rounders usually only go to stars or massive needs. A late first rounder would be the best he'd get IMO.
To be fair he wasnt the only player to turn into shit in that last quarter.

Jack redden, ryan bastinac and sharrod wellingham were all first rounders that i can think off. These guys are by no means stars of the game. Mature kpds are in high demand. Schofields probably a b grade kpd but could net us a mid to late first rounder. He offers run and can play on all sizes. I dont see us trading emac unless its in a deal to get a coniglio (zero chance of that happening) but at the moment can see emac being a pick 15-25. His value could go up if returns and plays solid footy. Thing with acl injuries is that it takes 2 years to reach your best and most clibs would be aware of it with mackenzie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Eric Mackenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back