Recommitted Eric Mackenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue is now that he's got zero chance to be best 22 next year. Barrass has got him covered and then some. He's completely surplus. Other teams will know this.

He'll be traded cheap or play WAFL next year.
schofield he is really inconsistent and gets complacent after a while. mackenzie could just come back and play that stopper role while lso providing a bit of ariel support.

Poor man's Tom Barrass.

ba428d804ebb5b533abc4e8dc4d9c06d

Hahahaha hahahaha.

Nice to dream. EMAC has been awful this year. Confidence is shot.

28 and past his prime and off an ACL? Pick 20?? You're having a massive laugh.

Keep him at WCE. Good depth.

Its a terrible situation to be in having someone like Emac playing WAFL when they would be the # 1 defender at clubs like Freo and Brisbane.

If Emac gets his form back we play him and move McGovern to play as a roaming half forward. He can run back as a loose intercept tall back and then run forward closer to goal.

You look at the Eagles talls and then Freo's its like comparing a Farrari to a flogged out Datsun 120Y.:D:D

Its a terrible situation to be in having someone like Emac playing WAFL when they would be the # 1 defender at clubs like Freo and Brisbane.

If Emac gets his form back we play him and move McGovern to play as a roaming half forward. He can run back as a loose intercept tall back and then run forward closer to goal.

You look at the Eagles talls and then Freo's its like comparing a Farrari to a flogged out Datsun 120Y.:D:D

Yeah I feel that way when we compare our mids to yours. But maybe I'm being harsh, Jetta is building nicely with 10 touches and you always have Redden as depth.

Yeah I feel that way when we compare our mids to yours. But maybe I'm being harsh, Jetta is building nicely with 10 touches and you always have Redden as depth.

I think West Coast fans will be the first to tell you that our midfield depth is less than fantastic. However, after adding Sheed, it's actually looking quite competitive, and we have a few youngsters who have shown a fair bit of promise. It's just lacking a little bit in top end quality. I certainly rate Freo's midfield, but the disparity between the depth of quality in terms of talls vs midfielders probably swings in West Coast's favour, but I think you have some really good up and coming rookies both through the midfield and in key positions. Particularly like Alex Pearce, think he was a great pick up. I just don't see the need for constant attacks between the two WA clubs. This isn't Adelaide, let's keep it classy.

I think West Coast fans will be the first to tell you that our midfield depth is less than fantastic. However, after adding Sheed, it's actually looking quite competitive, and we have a few youngsters who have shown a fair bit of promise. It's just lacking a little bit in top end quality. I certainly rate Freo's midfield, but the disparity between the depth of quality in terms of talls vs midfielders probably swings in West Coast's favour, but I think you have some really good up and coming rookies both through the midfield and in key positions. Particularly like Alex Pearce, think he was a great pick up. I just don't see the need for constant attacks between the two WA clubs. This isn't Adelaide, let's keep it classy.

Tell your Eagle supporter mate then. I was replying to him.

Does this magically make McKenzie worth what you want him to be? Where per chance can I obtain some of those magic beans?

McKenizie is basically worth whatever we would get for Ballantyne. Former all australian heading towards 30 and under perfoming when compared to their best. There is only one year between them and Ballantyne hasn't had a serious knee injury.

By the way, I don't want McKenzie at Freo.

Gaff 41 possessions, Priddis, Shuey and Sheed with 30 last night. How did Freo go against the Crows, Hawks and GWS in their last encounter?

Ross the Boss has said it will likely take four years for Freo to rebuild. I wonder how many of those midfielders you mention will hang around for the flogings that will continue next year....and the year after?

But carry on, the only fun you are likely to have over that period is trolling the Eagles.:);):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff 41 possessions, Priddis, Shuey and Sheed with 30 last night. How did Freo go against the Crows, Hawks and GWS in their last encounter?

Ross the Boss has said it will likely take four years for Freo to rebuild. I wonder how many of those midfielders you mention will hang around for the flogings that will continue next year....and the year after?

But carry on, the only fun you are likely to have over that period is trolling the Eagles.:);):thumbsu:

Carry on? You keep replying to me and started it numb nuts.

Neale and fyfe

Daylight

More daylight

Daylight some more

Rest of dockers midfield.

Seriously how can you be comparing your team in practically last place to ours? Makes no sense

Do you honestly think your midfield is better than ours? Ours dominated against yours this year in both games. Hell it was the reason we have won the last three games against top 4 sides.

You have a sublime defense and an excellent forward line. The best 2 ruck combo in Nic Nat and Lycett but your midfield is average.

Yes they may have been good the last 4 weeks but it's your biggest deficiency and I'd take our midfield over yours everyday of the week. Obviously fully fit and available. We also have depth, which is again your biggest liability.

If you seriously think yours is better? Well good luck with that.

Do you honestly think your midfield is better than ours? Ours dominated against yours this year in both games. Hell it was the reason we have won the last three games against top 4 sides.

Your midfield is also the reason it loses games. If you had our midfield you'd be premiership favourites.

Priddis, Shuey, Gaff and it falls away drastically after that. Sheed could be a massive boost prior to finals. Masten is crap. Hutchings does a job. Jetta is crap and Yeo has little influence.

Like I said falls away quickly and you haven't had any injuries except for Sheed.

Freo: Fyfe, Neale, Bennell, Hill, Mundy, Barlow, Walters before we hit the kids like Blakely, Weller and Langdon.

So if you want to match the top 3 you can argue either way.
Fyfe - Priddis
Neale - Shuey
Bennel - Gaff

Then who do you have ahead from
Hill - Sheed
Mundy - Masten
Barlow - Hutchings
Walters - Jetta

Who do you seriously have after these 7?
Duggan, Redden and pinch hitters like LeCras or Wellingham? 2 that aren't good enough and 2 that play at other ends of the ground.

We have Blakely, Weller and Langdon all 20 and have all shown more then Redden and Duggan.

Anyway, happy for you to think you have the better midfield but it's honestly laughable when you see the comparisons that I've shown. No matter how you match them up ours will be better from top to bottom.

disagree completely. A fit emac > schofield in playing that lock down defense role.

Agree but he problem is the game is turning away from lock down defenders which is why Barrass will always now be preferenced to eMac. Guys like eMac and Dawson and these types I think will be seen as average defenders in years to come. Alex rance was a dour defender and the penny dropped 3 to 4 years ago where he has managed to develop an attacking side to his game and become an AA. Primary defenders of the future will be in the mould of McGovern and Weitering.

That recruiting Jetta & Redden & both not firing so far is where the Eagles are.
As we prepare for a home final in week one .....

Obeanie1 decided to have the first shot at Freo and if there's any comeback it just encourages more cheap shots at Freo. The fact that you guys are playing so well now shows how much of a wasted year it has been. You're not winning the flag from outside the top 4.

McKenzie has been crud and he might come back and play like Leigh Matthews but more likely you should trade him to fill some gaps on your list.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Eric Mackenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back