Recommitted Esava Ratugolea [OOC 2023] - Ended up staying at Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather Sav went to North or Bombers will get a game straight away
Could easily get a game straight away at Port too. Tom Clurey and Trent McKenzie were both very unconvincing last season.

Could easily get a game straight away at Port too. Tom Clurey and Trent McKenzie were both very unconvincing last season.
The bloke with the sexy haircut. I reckon his name is Lachie Jones or something - is he highly rated?

The bloke with the sexy haircut. I reckon his name is Lachie Jones or something - is he highly rated?
He's a back pocket, wouldn't really be competing with Esava for the same position. Think Jed Bews.

He's a back pocket, wouldn't really be competing with Esava for the same position. Think Jed Bews.
I was moreso thinking how Port has nothing of value and I’d like Lachie Jones just to see his mullet running around every week. It’s as beautiful as mine

I was moreso thinking how Port has nothing of value and I’d like Lachie Jones just to see his mullet running around every week. It’s as beautiful as mine
It’s a beautiful mullet and he’s a legend in the making, decent player as well but he wouldn’t a straight swap for Sav not unless you think like North Melbourne fans do Re JHF

Good move Port! I think Sav will do well down back. He has the height and athleticism/strength to play on the King/Lynch/Hawkins/Mckay’s of the world which is probably the only real area and weakness you’ve struggled with in your top 4 run.
Frees up Allir to roam now
Allir can play lockdown if he needs to but he’s much better in the Lever role

Jonas flexible leaving Clurey or McKenzie to play pure shutdown on the second talls when they play

Last edited:
Port are going to be very busy for the next few days. What would it take to get him? And where would he play at Port?

Ideally we need a future 2nd (so our future 2nd goes to bowes and our future 1st on bruhn) and need to be giving up some combo of 38/48/55/58 and sav for it. Given port cant trade their future 2nd if jhf comes in..so i assume a 3 way trade? I doubt we will actually try and keep sav so long as we get what helps the other deals done its the total picture that matters.
I assume he plays as a kpd at port?

Either 43 or 53 I think in a straight swap.

I imagine we are after him as a KPD. We are severely lacking anyone under 30 with height that plays down back.

From what I understand he’s looked reasonable in the VFL this year down back and if he can do it reasonably well, that’s what we need.

We already have 6 picks inside 65 and can only use 2 due to list spots so 43 is fair but not helpful. Needs to be a future 2nd/3rd etc.
Yeah its a small sample size but hes been ok as a kpd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ports future 2nd for Esava and future 3rd.

They cant trade their fr2 if the fr1 goes on jhf.
And we would prefer 38 or 48 and sav for future 2nd (as we cant use our picks this year) rather than future 3rd from our end.

If almost be happy to just take a pick we won't use for him.

I really like the guy and he deserves a decent shot. Just give him a full preseason and about 6 consecutive games before you consider dropping him
I would be telling him FB is his to keep now take it

Ideally we need a future 2nd (so our future 2nd goes to bowes and our future 1st on bruhn) and need to be giving up some combo of 38/48/55/58 and sav for it. Given port cant trade their future 2nd if jhf comes in..so i assume a 3 way trade? I doubt we will actually try and keep sav so long as we get what helps the other deals done its the total picture that matters.
I assume he plays as a kpd at port?

Ports future 2nd for Esava and future 3rd.

Future 2nd for a fringe player just isn’t a reasonable expectation.

Just from fringe players port has sent out in the past

Frampton - 4th
Young - 4th
Ah chee - can’t recall but I’ll bet it was a 4th
Hombsch - 4th
Austin - 4th

Frampton - 4th
Young - 4th
Hombsch - 4th
Austin - 4th

To be fair i wasnt suggesting a future 2nd alone i was suggesting we send 2-3 later picks with him.
Either way it will be for futures (whatever the pick no is) we dont need more picks this yr.

Seems like the type of trade where both clubs will want to make it painless for the player.

Doubt Geelong will ask for much and no doubt Port will find a way to offer a pick Geelong will actually use.

Honestly, no idea if this will work out but we desperately need a big key defender so Ratugolea will get every chance.

is it just me or other fans dont want to see him go as well, he could be another scott thompson that did good things at another club after leaving us.
Which Scott Thompson are you talking about? The champion one was never on your list, though played a season in your VFL team.

Frampton - 4th
Young - 4th
Hombsch - 4th
Austin - 4th
Yeah agree with that. I think though Sav as steak knives with 38 for a f2nd might be getting closer.

On his own though it'll be a token pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Esava Ratugolea [OOC 2023] - Ended up staying at Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back