Essendon 34 named by CAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Screw this garbage that the 34 players names should be protected so their reputations are protected.

How about the reputations of the players who are not part of the 34 who have been treated as part of them for the last two and a half years because of the precious morons who refuse to take responsibility. Those are the only ones I feel sorry for, having their reputations trashed to protect the guilty.

The players named had already made themselves known anyway by refusing to play, by going to conferences, by self admitting. That's in addition to damaging your reputation by wearing that color jersey to begin with.

What's interesting is why CAS then felt the need to retract it... that sounds a bit... amateurish here. Maybe it's that dang work experience kid again... never learns when and when not to remove things.
they had to retract it because they should never have posted it. Their own protocol explicitly states they shouldn't.

No-one thinks it's an issue serious enough to stop the appeal or anything but pretending it's not an issue is ridiculous

Screw this garbage that the 34 players names should be protected so their reputations are protected.

How about the reputations of the players who are not part of the 34 who have been treated as part of them for the last two and a half years because of the precious morons who refuse to take responsibility. Those are the only ones I feel sorry for, having their reputations trashed to protect the guilty.
take it up with CAS, it's their protocol

I'd rather take it up with the 34 to be honest. Why is their reputation worth more than the ones not named?
We'll get down to alberton and talk to monfries and Ryder about it. Do report back with your findings. Alternatively, you could just continue to bang on about it from the safety an anonymous forum bestows.

I'd rather take it up with the 34 to be honest. Why is their reputation worth more than the ones not named?
what's any of that got to do with the players, exactly? Why would you "take it up with them"?

This should be good.

Particularly given what we're discussing is CAS being in breach of their own policy. You should be writing angry emails to CAS. if you think they are wrong in their belief that defendents deserve confidentiality

let's not pretend you know shit about what WADA are thinking or what WADA will do. As well, talking about WADA and Hird and the Club in the same breath demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation, as neither will be punished further as a direct result of this hearing.

Secondly, it's not sufficient to stifle debate on any other issue by saying it's a side issue. Lazy debating and pure sophistry. CAS have obligations, on this count they have failed it.

Do I need to a be a ****ing life member of the WADA to have a fair bloody idea of what they're thinking or something? I don't think so.

I have a good understanding of the situation - probably from a less biased perspective than you, actually.

I do agree that the CAS leaking of the names was poor, and is an issue to be addressed in itself- but just like Hirds effort to attack the method in which evidence was procured by ASADA, it doesn't have any actual impact on what the point of this case is about;

What did Essendon inject into their players?

Do I need to a be a ******* life member of the WADA to have a fair bloody idea of what they're thinking or something? I don't think so.

I have a good understanding of the situation - probably from a less biased perspective than you, actually.

I do agree that the CAS leaking of the names was poor, and is an issue to be addressed in itself- but just like Hirds effort to attack the method in which evidence was procured by ASADA, it doesn't have any actual impact on what the point of this case is about;

What did Essendon inject into their players?
you do realise there are about a million threads that discuss that issue? Why don't you go and discuss that issue there, instead of derailing dicussion about the naming of the Essendon players in a thread called "Essendon 34 named by CAS"?

Oldest and easiest trick in the book.
The longer your ex,can keep you away from the kids,the more she can brainwash them to hate you and get her own way.
Judge has every right to install a chaperone order against you and this allows wife to screw the living daylights out of a bloke.
Best tactic{to late for you}is to get the kids before her and take out the "she interfere's with them claim against her.
Works every time,most blokes scream until they give in and lose the house and the kids eventually hate him due to the pressures involved,game over wife wins.
I know what you're getting at, but no one wins really. :(

you do realise there are about a million threads that discuss that issue? Why don't you go and discuss that issue there, instead of derailing dicussion about the naming of the Essendon players in a thread called "Essendon 34 named by CAS"?

So discussing that the 'Essendon 34 named by CAS' is only a side issue to the main issue, is not a valid point to raise in the 'Essendon 34 named by CAS' thread?

Can we trust these amateurs to get the right decision if they can't follow their own protocols? These is what the problem is now.
If you are going to dick people around you have to dick them around properly.
AFL should give out zero suspensions after this.

So discussing that the 'Essendon 34 named by CAS' is only a side issue to the main issue, is not a valid point to raise in the 'Essendon 34 named by CAS' thread?
that's right. If you want to debate what you consider to be the main issue you are entitled to do so. But to do so in a thread that is about that issue and stop derailing discussion in this thread about the topic of this thread.

Pretty simple really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they had to retract it because they should never have posted it. Their own protocol explicitly states they shouldn't.

No-one thinks it's an issue serious enough to stop the appeal or anything but pretending it's not an issue is ridiculous

Oh BOY WOWEEEEEE

It's not like Essendon and James Hird have been squeaky clean throughout the whole saga.....................................

Oh BOY WOWEEEEEE

It's not like Essendon and James Hird have been squeaky clean throughout the whole saga.....................................

Even the guilty are entitled to the protections that due process provide

This notion that prosecutors can do whatever they want just because the dude they are after is guilty is ridiculous

that's right. If you want to debate what you consider to be the main issue you are entitled to do so. But to do so in a thread that is about that issue and stop derailing discussion in this thread about the topic of this thread.

Pretty simple really.

But I'm not here debating what I consider the main issue, I'm here debating what I consider the side issue. :rolleyes:

Don't try your bickering semantics on with me, kid. Lazy debating and pure sophistry..

This notion that prosecutors can do whatever they want just because the dude they are after is guilty is ridiculous

But it's ok for James Hird to duck and weave and come up with every excuse under the sun (aka it's everyone else's fault but his) :thumbsdown:

I prefer an open and transparent hearing. The same players were all cocky and jubilant when it looked like they were going to get away with it for 5 minutes.

Exactly.

The 2 Collingwood players at least had the guts and decency to protect their innocent teammates by naming themselves. Otherwise everyone could still be talking about "the Collingwood 2" and the whole list would be under suspicion.

Cowardly performance by the "EFC Leaders" to leave innocent players under suspicion all this time.

almost as ridiculous as the notion that the Essendon players are somehow responsible for the naming of the non-Essendon players. I'd love Cronos to explain that one to me

so why are you responding then?
To clarify, the statement is in summing up my own position with regard to the players' privacy concerns, not directed at you as such. We recognise that yes there are technical concerns related to privacy.

But when a player absolutely destroys the reputation of another player using his media position, and when it turns out the target of the abuse hasn't got an IR and is still left with a trashed reputation, then the **** giving disappears. There's a technical legal argument, there's an ethical argument, and there's no moral imperative whatsoever.

Especially when they've been yet to be proven guilty. I can't believe some of the posters on this site are of voting age and they have as much say in the running of this country as you or I do.

Exactly.

The 2 Collingwood players at least had the guts and decency to protect their innocent teammates by naming themselves. Otherwise everyone could still be talking about "the Collingwood 2" and the whole list would be under suspicion.

Cowardly performance by the "EFC Leaders" to leave innocent players under suspicion all this time.
hang on, we have a live one. So you're claiming that it's the Essendon players fault when non-Essendon players were named by the media and other parties?

Exactly.

The 2 Collingwood players who tested positive are equivalent to the Essendon players exactly how?

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon 34 named by CAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back