Essendon/AFL in secret talks [The Age, 21/8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the EFC agree to these punishments then they are confessing to being drug cheats.

If innocent they would refuse all sanctions and fight it in court.

The best way to think of it is imagine a conversation between the President and CEO of your club and AD.

AD "Just for LOLS we are accusing your club of being drug cheats."
"Even though you have not injected your players with dodgy chemicals"
"Even though you have never engaged in a supplements program that went beyond legality"
"Even though you have never lied about anything"
"Even though you have kept totally accurate medical records"
"Even though we have zero evidence proving you did anything wrong"
"Even though you have never taken TB4"
"Even though you have never taken AOD 9604"

"Just because we can we are going to take the seasons points off your club, we are going to take away multi year draft picks"
"Because Carro wants it we are going to ban your senior coach your Doctor plus others"
"Also for my personal ego boost we will fine you millions of dollars"

Your club "OK where do we sign?"
or
Reality Your club " Eat shit and die Vlad we will never negotiate and will see you in court"

Guess what agreement means.

She was genuine. Hird even said in a presser he knows who she was and would contact her.

no he didn't. He said they have contacted mothers that fit the demographic and are unable to find who it was. Think he was hinting that it was BS.

Mate. Its like you taking panadol and then saying you can't be sure if you took it or not 12 months later because you didn't do mass spectrometry on the tablet before you took it. The players consented to particular drugs at particular doses. They then were injected. They are still guilty of not being able to show they didn't take banned substances. As with Lance Armstrong, you don't need positive blood samples to prove things.

FFS there was a mountain of proof against Armstrong including most of his team testifying against him.
Stop the idiotic comparison.

Yet 3 legitimate parents have come out recently and said they are satisfied with EFC explantion of all the substances involved (Watson,Crameri, Browne). And here you are comparing this to Bhopal! In a way it sums up the froth from many in the anti-EFc camp.
First of all, do Essendon actually know what Messrs Watson, Crameri and Brownw were given and, if so, in what doses.

Second of all, are parents of Essendon players likely to come out and criticise Essendon openly when the coach and administration who administered the garbage are still there and the players who took stuff may be largely now untradeable because of possible ASADA infractions over their head still - they are , in a sense, trapped at Essendon, even if they wanted to move.

Thirdly even if the garbage they took was not ASADA banned, do any of the players or their parents actually know the long term side effects of that garbage and whether it will effect the players or their children.

Yes this is just a case of poor recoords keeping:).

Tax avoidance (which is legal) is not the same thing as tax evasion (which is not legal.) In this case it appears that EFC started out intending to push tax avoidance to its max but ended up committing tax evasion.

You don't advise EFC or Hird do you?

Tax avoidance and tax evasion aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. That would be for the ATO to decide on a case by case basis. If you're evading tax, by default, you're avoiding tax.

You knew what I was saying, it was pretty obvious, but chose to not highlight the rest of the sentence which gave it clarity.

First of all, do Essendon actually know what Messrs Watson, Crameri and Brownw were given and, if so, in what doses.

Second of all, are parents of Essendon players likely to come out and criticise Essendon openly when the coach and administration who administered the garbage are still there and the players who took stuff may be largely now untradeable because of possible ASADA infractions over their head still - they are , in a sense, trapped at Essendon, even if they wanted to move.

Thirdly even if the garbage they took was not ASADA banned, do any of the players or their parents actually know the long term side effects of that garbage and whether it will effect the players or their children.

Yes this is just a case of poor recoords keeping:).

Didn't EFC just say that they explained all substances at last parent meeting?

Which says more about James Hird than it says about the caller....

There's a small group of players that are 20yo. They contacted all the mothers and maybe just maybe could tell that the voice did not match any of those mothers.

sorry, I'm confused,
do you mean they explained the substances although they are not exactly sure what the substances are, or that they explained how taking these unknown and potentially life threatening substances was ok, because Danky said they got the ok, and they've done nothing wrong?:confused:
#breathtakingarrogance

Tax avoidance and tax evasion aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. That would be for the ATO to decide on a case by case basis. If you're evading tax, by default, you're avoiding tax.

You knew what I was saying, it was pretty obvious, but chose to not highlight the rest of the sentence which gave it clarity.

You clearly have no idea about the proper use of the terms avoidance and evasion in a taxation or accounting context. That being the case - it would be wise of you to stop using analogies from fields where you have nfi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you were at the meeting and you know what was explained to them- another Essendon apologist...

I'm glad they allayed the parents fears by telling them that the substances they boys were being injected with are safe, despite not having sufficient data to make this statement and not even knowing what some of the substances were.

There's a small group of players that are 20yo. They contacted all the mothers and maybe just maybe could tell that the voice did not match any of those mothers.
Just for the record - do you believe the telephone call of the Essendon player's mother was legitimate.

A simple yes or no will suffice....

FFS there was a mountain of proof against Armstrong including most of his team testifying against him.
Stop the idiotic comparison.
It's not an idiotic comparison. Just an example of an athlete who never tested positive and was still guilty. Why don't you answer my whole post rather than pick up on just one name? They are guilty of taking prohibited substances. Anyone with half a brain can tell you that. Why else would they be losing all their points, fined and possibly losing draft choices?
It's not for just "forgetting" to write down what they gave!
Bloody hell. Wake Up!!! Open your eyes!!!
It's so obvious, it's not funny!!!

It's not an idiotic comparison. Just an example of an athlete who never tested positive and was still guilty. Why don't you answer my whole post rather than pick up on just one name? They are guilty of taking prohibited substances. Anyone with half a brain can tell you that. Why else would they be losing all their points, fined and possibly losing draft choices?
It's not for just "forgetting" to write down what they gave!
Bloody hell. Wake Up!!! Open your eyes!!!
It's so obvious, it's not funny!!!

Really? Proof that you clearly have no understanding.

Well how do you or anyone else know that they took them?

You missed the point. If Essendon don't know what was taken because their defence is that Dank went rogue, then how can they possibly allay the fears of parents?

Really? Proof that you clearly have no understanding.
No. It shows you have no understanding!
Dank told friends of mine he was injecting GHRP 2 and 6 into Essendon players 18 months ago. At the time he told my friends that these peptides were legal. I have emails from back then to prove this. So why don't you go away and bury your head in the sand. You are ignorant so I cant hold you accountable for your actions.
You are blinded by your love of the club too!
That doesn't mean that they are not guilty because they are. If you were in my position, you would also think the same as I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back