Essendon/AFL in secret talks [The Age, 21/8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The concerned mother who can't be bothered going to any of the 5 meetings. The Mother of a 20 year old about to turn 21 (Stienberg or Merrett) whose son is playing badly because he has lost complete interest in the game.
Stienberg 31 disposals 11 marks in VFL. Merrett back in the seniors and plays well last night.
Hmmmmmm

It's amazing the sheer weight that can be lifted from your shoulders when you are living a lie, and suddenly the tide turns and you feel you may yet be saved from moral destruction.

I never said it was a hoax. Simply making the point that she is devastated and concerned about the health of her son yet can't be ****** going down to the club to demand answers.
Also interesting that neither Stienberg or Merrett look like they hate the game.
I think she may be real however there is a bit more to it.
It could be a hoax but that was some performance if so

Did it ever cross your mind, she might be SO angry at them that to go would almost certainly harm her son? Jesus, don't ever be a parent.:cool:

It's amazing the sheer weight that can be lifted from your shoulders when you are living a lie, and suddenly the tide turns and you feel you may yet be saved from moral destruction.
If the club is guilty then the club is guilty. I'm sorry but I want to see all the facts on the table before I make my mind up. Surely it can't be that every single person is telling lies except Caroline Wilson and Patrick Smith. These 2 have already contradicted themselves through this whole saga.
I want to hear what A.D and Gillon have to say. I want to hear what Reid and Hird have to say. Dank, Bomber, Hamilton etc.
None have spoken yet because they can't (except Dank who chooses not to). The only one to speak was Robinson and was quickly shut down by the Federal Police for telling a blatant lie.

On the info we have - Essendon are to be stripped of all points for 2013. Banned from drafting players for 2 years. 2.75 million dollar fine and massive bans for officials for bringing the game into disrepute.
What the hell happens if they are found guilty? You would have to assume that no points for 2014 and 2015 and no picks until 2018 and lifetime bans for officials and players.

Yes this excites many of you but it is ****ing Extreme when you consider Adelaide and Melbourne got a slap on the wrist for cheating.

Furthermore - Richmond and Port Adelaide will have to be stripped of points as well. Simply not fair but consistency is needed. Maybe the Tigers will only be stripped of points in games Lonergan played which is bugger all. As for Monfries - has he missed a game?

Melbourne will have to lose all its points ( not that there's many to lose) because of Trengove.

Going to be interesting to see so many back peddle when the illicit drug issue takes over again. Predicted this months ago and was laughed at.
This is what the ACC report is all about. **** I hope Essendon players are not involved but sadly I think every club will have players involved.
Cocaine is a banned substance under WADA/ ASADA code. How much longer can the corrupt AFL hide it?

Did it ever cross your mind, she might be SO angry at them that to go would almost certainly harm her son? Jesus, don't ever be a parent.:cool:
Of course it did. Did it ever cross your mind that it is odd "Sarah" claims her son isn't interested and is playing poorly yet both Steinberg and Merrett( has to be one of these 2 unless she's confused about her sons date of birth) are playing good footy.
Again. Not saying its a hoax rather a Mother that is reading the Age a little too much

Of course it did. Did it ever cross your mind that it is odd "Sarah" claims her son isn't interested and is playing poorly yet both Steinberg and Merrett( has to be one of these 2 unless she's confused about her sons date of birth) are playing good footy.
Again. Not saying its a hoax rather a Mother that is reading the Age a little too much

I am a mother. I felt the genuine raw terror in her voice. I've noticed you and many of your fellow brethren believe the call was a hoax on the Bomber board. And I just shake my head and go WTF?

sorry but Yes you are!

If the club is guilty then the club is guilty. I'm sorry but I want to see all the facts on the table before I make my mind up. Surely it can't be that every single person is telling lies except Caroline Wilson and Patrick Smith. These 2 have already contradicted themselves through this whole saga.
I want to hear what A.D and Gillon have to say. I want to hear what Reid and Hird have to say. Dank, Bomber, Hamilton etc.
None have spoken yet because they can't (except Dank who chooses not to). The only one to speak was Robinson and was quickly shut down by the Federal Police for telling a blatant lie.

On the info we have - Essendon are to be stripped of all points for 2013. Banned from drafting players for 2 years. 2.75 million dollar fine and massive bans for officials for bringing the game into disrepute.
What the hell happens if they are found guilty? You would have to assume that no points for 2014 and 2015 and no picks until 2018 and lifetime bans for officials and players.

Yes this excites many of you but it is ******* Extreme when you consider Adelaide and Melbourne got a slap on the wrist for cheating.

Furthermore - Richmond and Port Adelaide will have to be stripped of points as well. Simply not fair but consistency is needed. Maybe the Tigers will only be stripped of points in games Lonergan played which is bugger all. As for Monfries - has he missed a game?

Melbourne will have to lose all its points ( not that there's many to lose) because of Trengove.

Going to be interesting to see so many back peddle when the illicit drug issue takes over again. Predicted this months ago and was laughed at.
This is what the ACC report is all about. **** I hope Essendon players are not involved but sadly I think every club will have players involved.
Cocaine is a banned substance under WADA/ ASADA code. How much longer can the corrupt AFL hide it?
covered some territory there Mate! mostly off topic crap though unfortunately

I am a mother. I felt the genuine raw terror in her voice. I've noticed you and many of your fellow brethren believe the call was a hoax on the Bomber board. And I just shake my head and go WTF?
No-one - not even a weeping mother - stands between an Essendon fanboy and their idol.

I want to hear what A.D and Gillon have to say. I want to hear what Reid and Hird have to say. Dank, Bomber, Hamilton etc. they can all speak choose not to, dr reid made his feeling known
None have spoken yet because they can't (except Dank who chooses not to). The only one to speak was Robinson and was quickly shut down by the Federal Police for telling a blatant lie.No, he said hird told him a story. The police can't confirm this as they were not there. at no point has hird denied the story telling, and he is a story teller

What the hell happens if they are found guilty? You would have to assume that no points for 2014 and 2015 and no picks until 2018 and lifetime bans for officials and players. that could still be the case, but that would be for being drug cheats, separate charges

Yes this excites many of you but it is ******* Extreme when you consider Adelaide and Melbourne got a slap on the wrist for cheating.adelaide were severley punished losing 5 drafts picks min

Furthermore - Richmond and Port Adelaide will have to be stripped of points as well. Simply not fair but consistency is needed. Maybe the Tigers will only be stripped of points in games Lonergan played which is bugger all. As for Monfries - has he missed a game? essendon is being penalised for the behaviour of the club not the players,

Melbourne will have to lose all its points ( not that there's many to lose) because of Trengove. no again, as it will be player punishment. the whole melbourne team are not on drugs ala essendon

Going to be interesting to see so many back peddle when the illicit drug issue takes over again. Predicted this months ago and was laughed at. these are performance enhancing drugs not social drugs
This is what the ACC report is all about. **** I hope Essendon players are not involved but sadly I think every club will have players involved.no just your club
Cocaine is a banned substance under WADA/ ASADA code. How much longer can the corrupt AFL hide it? and the corrupt essendon should ahve sacked hird years ago

maybe some facts would be good

Just like they think the text messages between Hird and Dank were fabricated.

Just like they think ASADA gave advice which has strangely disappeared.

These people are whacky unhinged conspiracy theorists, at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only on match day. If an athlete does not have cocaine in his blood on game day, he is not committing a doping offence against WADA. He is committing an offence under the AFL drug code and covered by the 3-strikes policy. The AFL code is stronger than the WADA code when it comes to illicit drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back