Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Gossip Zip It GIF by TRT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers are back baby. They will be a HUGE threat in September. Good chance to take Carlton's spot in the 8 I'd say.

Hard to see them losing another game unless they do.

I can’t see how Essendon won’t be taking 8th spot over Carlton now.

The Edgers have won one out of two games against a top 8 team since the bye rounds. Carlton have lost all games (3) against top 8 sides since the byes finished.

If the Hawks roll Carlton next week, there's a 95% chance both Carlton and Essendon miss finals.
Its actually someone like Freo that can drop out as they now have to play Geelong, GWS and Port. They have the toughest run home by far. Carlton have 3 bottom 10 sides so should win at least 2 to secure September

The 2 easy wins at Marvel for Essendon (13.5 wins total) means Hawks/Pies need to win 3/3 to pass them which is unlikely. Thus Hawks must beat Carlton to have any chance of September

Its actually someone like Freo that can drop out as they now have to play Geelong, GWS and Port. They have the toughest run home by far. Carlton have 3 bottom 10 sides so should win at least 2 to secure September

The 2 easy wins at Marvel for Essendon (13.5 wins total) means Hawks/Pies need to win 3/3 to pass them which is unlikely. Thus Hawks must beat Carlton to have any chance of September
So Sydney is an easy win now. I doubt we'd see them show up to our game the way they did vs Port and Bulldogs.

No game Essendon play is an easy win. It'd be the most Essendon thing ever to lose to Gold Coast at Marvel this week and be the Sun's only away win all year after beating a top 4 prospect by a point.

It's really cute that Carlton and Sydney are falling over themselves to give Essendon their spots in the final 8 but I think it will be for naught unless Brisbane decide to help out in the final round (teamwide flu again?)

edit - my bad pies fans, they kicked 3 goals since i typed that.

Adrian Dodoro has turned Windy Hill into a genuine premiership threat.

Ben McKay is a legitimate All Australian contender. Jade Gresham is flying on the half-forward line. And Todd Goldstein has wound the clock back a decade.

Jake Stringer is having an all-time great contract year, his best year yet since his last contract year.

The young core of oustanding talent have all taken a masive leap. Guns like Dylan Shiel and Sam Draper still to come back into the best 22.

I don't know exactly what "the edge" is but this team is playing like it's 1993.

I think they can win it all. And not just this one - maybe a few.
Beautiful Moz

Well played

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back