Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

How many years could you have they said that though? And nothing ever changes
Next year will be the year. The edge might have failed this year but wait till you see the Bomber "blitz" in 2025!

They just need to train all pre season to play good in July and August. Got to tailor the training for the specific demands of July and August footy.

As a proud WC supporter the last few years have been a shiteshow.

But as granny used to say, you go and dust yourself off and look on the bright side.

Unfortunately granny died in June 2004 and has missed out on so many bright sides, at least 7286.
Vale granny

There's a rumour going around that if there are 5 non-Victorian teams in the top 8 at the end of the year, the lowest placed team will be removed from finals and replaced by a Victorian team. From what I've heard this will be Essendon based on the fact that they have the longest streak without winning a final.

AFL house has deemed the changes necessary and in the best interests of all Australians.

If that transpires, the Bombers are cherry ripe and primed for a genuine tilt at 17. Don't be surprised if you see Sheedy and Dodoro raising the cup on the last Saturday this September.

fire may GIF

Forgive me if this has been discussed - I can’t be bothered reading back through the thread.

But can someone from the Bombers fraternity tell me what they think about the criticism from someone like Lloyd about the club not picking Heppell for a farewell match, while they’re simultaneously piling into the club for them not playing well enough at the end of the year? Ie. it was a must win game last night, and they’re giving it to them for picking what they believe is their best team

Benny mckay is only good if the defense is always under siege so he doesn't have to move but to use his height to spoil or mark. Ironically, we got the best out of him...

I think we've been too harsh on Essendon. They were never top 4, or even top 8 quality. They had some good wins, some close losses but still have a way to go. And as the media like to do, it's pump up teams and then bash them when they fail.

I thought Essendon got a pass this year. I'd give them a B
At least they're on the right trajectory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, in fairness to Essendon, they weren't that far off the mark.

In this really tight season, if they just had another quality player or two on their list, they would have played finals footy this year.

Perhaps a wingman who adds some run and carry, and is also a decent shot on goal.

Someone like Massimo D'Ambrosio, for example.

Most of us knew we were miles off it and have been saying it all year.
The media are the ones pumping up the club.
List is diabolical and will take 10 years to undo the damage that Dodoro has caused

Look, in fairness to Essendon, they weren't that far off the mark.

In this really tight season, if they just had another quality player or two on their list, they would have played finals footy this year.

Perhaps a wingman who adds some run and carry, and is also a decent shot on goal.

Someone like Massimo D'Ambrosio, for example.
Who needs Massimo when you have Jake Kelly on the wing!

This squad was good enough to be a top 8 side, and should have been.

But Brad Scott is a terrible coach.
Squad is trash.
Best coach in the comp couldn’t get these pea hearts to perform much better. A list full of flaky, soft, mentally fragile players with poor skills
This is Adrian’s legacy
****ing parasite

This squad was good enough to be a top 8 side, and should have been.

But Brad Scott is a terrible coach.
Scott could have made some better team selections at times. But the forward line, for starters, is not up to it. Langford and Stringer do kick goals but are inconsistent and put little pressure on. Small forwards aren’t very good. Wright’s gap between his best and worst is massive and Draper, when resting forward, is a wayward shot for goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back