Essendon - it's all over

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocket Rudi

Rookie
Sep 26, 2001
I predict the Brisbane Lions to run out comfortable winners in the Grand Final. The Bombers look a jaded bunch. Brisbane still have plenty of petrol tickets left.

After an even first quarter with violence aplenty, the Lions will take control of the match and romp away to a 17 goal win.

Jonathon Brown will kick 8 goals and win the Norm Smith Medal.

Let's wait and see, Junior. The Lions have looked great for a while, and particularly while they play up there. Sure, some great wins down here, too, but the MCG and a GF is a little different. They have had it pretty easy so far in the finals, and the win over the Tigers didn't really tell us much at all, given the Tigers' form against the other GF team. Remember that?

Originally posted by Rocket Rudi
I predict the Brisbane Lions to run out comfortable winners in the Grand Final. The Bombers look a jaded bunch. Brisbane still have plenty of petrol tickets left.

After an even first quarter with violence aplenty, the Lions will take control of the match and romp away to a 17 goal win.

Jonathon Brown will kick 8 goals and win the Norm Smith Medal.

topdon, I think you should invest in a big box of Kleenex.
Mummy won't wipe your eyes on Saturday, don't cry.
Enjoy this weeks festivities, because losing is hard to do, but you'd already know that.

The dons will run out comfortable losers, and Sheeds won't have an answer for Lethal Leigh's midfield.

Hird is a girl, and so is Lloyd/

Open your one eye (the one in your head, imbescile) and watch the Lions make a meal of the measly dons.

Is don, is NO good...

:eek: I have spoken.

Originally posted by M29
Fantastic first post, we eagerly await another gem from yourself... :eek:

M29 - Just read your location...

Round our way the bird sing for ya... Will you be singing on Saturday afternoon :D

You people saying that Brisbane will romp it in obviously, dont have much clue.

You can NEVER base the next game on the one before. Sure, the Bombers were disappointing against Hawthorn, but look at the form the game before? They flogged Richmond, just like the Lions did last week.

Do not underestimate the Bombers. They will come out ready to play, thats for sure.

They are playing on their home turf and Brisbane venturing into a ground that they have only played on once this year, and beating a lesser of a team in Collingwood.

Not to mention the emmence experience that Essendon has in finals and Grand Finals. And, I think you will have the North Melbourne Vs Sydney situation of '96'.
Both great teams of the year, and Sydney were with them at half time, but got blown away in the second half.

Originally posted by TheMase
You people saying that Brisbane will romp it in obviously, dont have much clue.

You can NEVER base the next game on the one before. Sure, the Bombers were disappointing against Hawthorn, but look at the form the game before? They flogged Richmond, just like the Lions did last week.

Do not underestimate the Bombers. They will come out ready to play, thats for sure.

They are playing on their home turf and Brisbane venturing into a ground that they have only played on once this year, and beating a lesser of a team in Collingwood.

Not to mention the emmence experience that Essendon has in finals and Grand Finals. And, I think you will have the North Melbourne Vs Sydney situation of '96'.
Both great teams of the year, and Sydney were with them at half time, but got blown away in the second half.

Those looking will say that Hawthorn had a fitness advantage despite no week off. More so than Richmond. Brisbane also have that but will be more composed than hawthorn were (I think)

Word has it that Hawthorn sacrificed games in the second half of the season to perform a mini 'pre-season' in order to be fitter in the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An equally light-hearted slant :D

1911: WIN
1912: WIN

1923: WIN
1924: WIN

1949: WIN
1950: WIN

1984: WIN
1985: WIN

2000: WIN
2001: ???

Well...there's a pattern for that too. Something has to give this week :D

Well, here's something for you to contemplate Stealth Bomber.

Fitzroy Reds 2001 Premiers
Fitzroy Reds Reserves 2001 Grand Finalist

Brisbane Lions Reserves 2001 Premiers

J.Akermanis Brownlow Medallist

Fitzroy Team of the Century announced earlier this season.

Brisbane Lions announce the abolition of debenture held over the FFC, as well as the move to include an FFC (and BB) on the jumper starting from next season.

Coldstream Seniors 2001 Premiers (my old team!).

So far the figures are looking good from my end! Cheers! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon - it's all over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back