HB: N. Martin, M. Redman, A. McGrath
C: A. Perkins, D. Parish, A. Roberts
HF: H. Jones, N. Caddy, S. Durham
F: K. Langford, J. Stringer, D. Shiel
FOLL: S. Draper, J. Caldwell, Z. Merrett - C

I/C: B. Hobbs, S. Weideman, J. Gresham, N. Bryan, J. Menzie
EMG: E. Tsatas, W. Setterfield, P. Wright

IN: A. Perkins, S. Weideman
OUT: N. Cox (Injured), A. Davey Jnr (Omitted)

SYDNEY
B: D. Rampe, T. McCartin, N. Blakey
HB: L. Melican, H. Cunningham, O. Florent
C: J. Lloyd, C. Mills - C, E. Gulden
HF: L. Parker, H. McLean, J. Jordon
F: L. McDonald, J. Amartey, W. Hayward
FOLL: B. Grundy, I. Heeney, J. Rowbottom

I/C: M. Roberts, B. Campbell, C. Cleary, T. Adams, Co.Warner
EMG: A. Francis, P. Ladhams, C. Mitchell

IN: L. Melican, Co.Warner
OUT: Chad Warner (Injured), R. Fox (Injured)

Umpires
Curtis Deboy (11), Andrew Stephens (12), Robert Findlay (23), Andre Gianfagna (27) :(

Recent Games at Marvel !!
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 20, 29 Jul 2023Marvel StadiumEssendon defeated by Sydney99-101Z. Merrett 39K. Langford 5
Round 19, 27 Jul 2018Marvel StadiumEssendon defeats Sydney109-66D. Heppell 31-

So what excitement this game?
2017 Round 14 June 23 @ SCG Tom Papley has the smother of the year (2 min 27 in) 2017 Papley smother.jpg
2019 Round 8 May 10 @ SCG Dane Rampe climbs the goal post!
c001bc85609a4decb9fce8a51c225c19

2020 Round May 14 @ SCG Luke Parker taunts the Bombers
89e1cf7ffba277ce9d73c6529c5833c5

2024 Round 2 March 23 @ SCG Tom Papley Slams Essendon
Speaking to Channel 7 at half-time, Papley accused Essendon players of targeting them off the ball.
“We fought our way back. They were pretty good early, their pressure is good. They’re getting after us a bit, but we’ll keep going hard at the ball,” he said. ... Papley accused Essendon players of targeting them off the ball.
“They’re trying to get after us, it’s all off the ball. We’re just worried about the ball, we’ll keep being hard in the contest and get the job done.”
2024 Papley Essendon.jpg

Bloods by 32 points
SHAKE DOWN THE THUNDER

#ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods #SYD150

It's 50/50, we either win or lose (draw counts as loss imo)

I'm not convinced we are back. Heeney and Chad going ballistic for 10 - 15 minutes does not constitute a return to form. An even, 4 quarter effort, with plenty of individual contests won across the park is what we need heading into finals.

Although if Heeney and Errol go ballistic, I'll be ecstatic.

Do we get the great swans or the diabolical swans tonight? Sadly there’s no in between for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we get the great swans or the diabolical swans tonight? Sadly there’s no in between for us.
I've never known a team that has been so far and away the best team in the competition then far and away the worst all in the space of less than a season. To me it shows we only have one way ie Heeney et al and no other.

I'm hopeful that:

A) Our engine room is on the way back

B) The support crew step up and start taking more responsibility

No matter what happens, at the end of this round we will still stand as numero uno, the big cheese, the head honcho, minor premiers elect.

Like it has been all year, we will win then will sit back, popcorn in hand as teams 2-5 suffer losses creating yet another elimination set of elimination finals in Round 24.

Lions could miss Top 4, Freo and Blues miss top 8, I mean literally anything can happen.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the chaos.

Yours in speed, JHWF.

Think we'll get done again tonight personally.
Mills is nowhere near it, Adams is worn down by the first half of the season's efforts, both complete liabilities in the middle.
Warner is out.
Grundy is worn down.
Blakey & Florent out of form.
KPFs are simply not up to it.
No talls or even semi-talls on the ICB

Horse won't change the team as he has zero season-long strategic capability. His blinkers are set to win the game in front of him - and that's not working atm either.

It won't just be if we win or not, but also how we play. If we play like last week but manage to eek out a win that is not a win in my book. We need to play like we did in the first 10 weeks. Without that we are just making up the numbers come finals.

Mills is nowhere near it, Adams is worn down by the first half of the season's efforts, both complete liabilities in the middle.
Warner is out.
Grundy is worn down.

Horse won't change the team as he has zero season-long strategic capability. His blinkers are set to win the game in front of him - and that's not working atm either.

I do think Melican being back will help. Means Blakey won't have to play tall and means more support for McCartin.

Essendon by 9 points was my initial reaction when I heard the outs. I don't care too much about the result. I just don't want to fall in a hole and conceed 5 or 6 goals straight. just start well

Warner is out.
Grundy is worn down.

Good grief snap out of it misery guts

Attachments

• IMG_0889.webp
    186.1 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back