Game Day Essendon v. Sydney, Friday 7.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks just put Campbell as sub
What has Adams done the last month to earn your trust?
He was great through the first half of the year, but has clearly hit a wall.
At least Campbell has a good kick on him.
A rest would do Adams good if it's his body that needs it. If it's his head that needs it, then it might be the signal to him his spot isn't safe and he needs to fire up again or potentially miss finals.

I like the idea of him forward, though he lacks the physicality to be a defensive asset, I can see him getting the ball on the high half wing via kick or hand ball chains he is a part of and actually kicking it to the space our KPFs might want to lead into rather than just holding the ball up for 20 seconds then bombing it on their heads. This revolutionary concept to Horse however might see him put into the reserves very quickly.
Campbell laid 2 big tackles around D50 in the last quarter against the Pies. One resulted in HTB as they were going forward. The other resulted in the ball going out, after he had spoiled Elliott on the lead.

No-one seems to have noticed these acts with the noise about Warner and Heeney (who poorly took advantage of Campbell's free). Some were probably busy checking his fantasy score.

I think he could translate this into a half forward role, we already know he can kick goals from 50 out.

What has Adams done the last month to earn your trust?
He was great through the first half of the year, but has clearly hit a wall.
At least Campbell has a good kick on him.
A rest would do Adams good if it's his body that needs it. If it's his head that needs it, then it might be the signal to him his spot isn't safe and he needs to fire up again or potentially miss finals.

What has Campbell? Yeah he so called has good kick pity he gets it only 12-15 times a game half of which are panic kicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12-15 is 50% more than Adams last game, no?

Week prior was 20 for Adams, which Campbell can only dream of by the way. Play him as a sub least we only need him a few times a game

He is a good kick though didn’t you hear

Yeah pass thanks mids and HBF’s need to get the ball
He's not been played as a mid.

I honestly do not understand how people can proclaim opinions so confidently when they fail to realise that being a 2nd or 3rd string winger or half back, who gets thrown around, including as a small defender like last week, among our lowest TOG %, might impact the amount of ball they get...

Bring anyone else in, do the same to them, see how they go.

We are not playing fantasy footy either, for the umpteenth time.

A lot of nervous nerd swans fans here with high anxiety about tonight’s game.

And it’s justified. Expect us to come out hard. Because a bunch of EFC players tonight are playing for their contract lives with a career at Tullamarine.

It’s desperation time..
As opposed to the last couple of months, where contracts were not on the line?

The last few months it looked like they were making finals, now it isn't so all the Essendon players have to play for is contracts.
The prospect of finals has been shaky for a while. They went 2-6 at one point before some mediocre wins.

Maybe they come out fired up, but like us, it's no given.

Week prior was 20 for Adams, which Campbell can only dream of by the way. Play him as a sub least we only need him a few times a game
Even that 20 came with only 1 clearance at disposal at 60%.
Man needs a rest. Needs that clearance number to be at 5 minimum. But he is very leggy due to workload.

I think with McInerney and Warner out we'll be needing someone with a bit more run around the fringe of the ruck.
Yes Campbell could get it some more, but he's got potential to use his kick, and currently not run into the ground by Horse either.

I really don't know why its so hard for some (Horse especially) to see the season and finals strategically when it comes to squad management. This means not simply just picking your very best players each week, but utlilizing the squad to get to finals in a good position both table-wise AND player form and fitness wise IMO. Anyways a bit late now I guess. Got to try and win one of these last two...and fankly form says we won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back