Game Day Essendon v. Sydney, Friday 7.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s a midfielder or nothing. I’ve been saying it for two years. Forward lines need fast agile players and mids occasionally resting. I’d sub him put Warner on the wing and florent up forward
Hasn't he kicked more goals than any of the KPFs the last few weeks? And you want to sub him?
He'll end up winning us the game. Wait and see.

He and Rowbottom have the same job in the mids. One of the other, not both IMO.

We need to roll the dice and move Blakey up the ground if we're going to turn the state of play. We're just not quick enough in the front half without Jmac, Warner, papley and Wicks

Florent same, move him up.

So lucky to be in this. Look absolutely ****ing listless in the midfield, without Chad no-one prepared to actually take it on. Maybe move Florent or someone in there to atleast try get some run.
Honestly if our midfield can't toughen up a bit we're in a world of hurt, they're killing us and if we somehow win, they owe the defence big time. Can't say we have a single winner in the midfield at all, which really pisses me off because we were happy to be chirpy after the last game, which is fine, but back it up with some ****ing action.

Defence has held up ok, McCartin looks seriously off misreading everything, but Melican been great. Blakey actually been good.
McDonald looks ok if they could get some supply to him, Hayward as well but same issue. They both have to come so high up the ground to help. Amartey and McLean need to actually start competing in the air, always out of position, either too close to the kicker to get pushed under the ball or so far away they'll never get it to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all a bit half hearted tonight.
Bright light is it will be difficult to play worse from here

Hold that thought mate

This useless midfield will take that as a challenge on playing worse

1. Can the Maggots give them any more frees?

2. What the **** is incorrect disposal? These bastards just drop the ball every time they get caught. Yet we get 6 holding the ball against us. heck

3. It is a horrible game. Totally boring to watch. Bombers are playing the man and getting away with it. Holding pushing.

4. What the hell was that free against Amartey? He never held. He was in front. Baffling. The umpires are either paid off or told to give Essendon a big chance. This is a disgrace.

5. Why are we insisting on playing Adams. I could catch him & I'm nearing 70

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

1. Can the Maggots give them any more frees?

2. What the **** is incorrect disposal? These bastards just drop the ball every time they get caught. Yet we get 6 holding the ball against us. heck

3. It is a horrible game. Totally boring to watch. Bombers are playing the man and getting away with it. Holding pushing.

4. What the hell was that free against Amartey? He never held. He was in front. Baffling. The umpires are either paid off or told to give Essendon a big chance. This is a disgrace.

5. Why are we insisting on playing Adams. I could catch him & I'm nearing 70

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Horse and the MC really thought we would soar to new heights like Geelong 2022 with the inclusion of Mills and Parker... rotating depth, everyone playing like they are on a string. Turns out it is far from the case. Oh well.

Looks like last week was a mirage, saved by a Heeney and Warner miracle.

I can't think of many obvious marking contests key forwards have lost. I know they need to take contested marks and all, but we make it so hard for them .

Parker bombing it in to 3 Essendon blokes when there were 4 free swans players took the cake

Positives:
Scoreline
Defence holding
Campbell looking good forward of centre
Negatives:
We are playing without a midfield
Grundy getting monstered by Draper - it's like watching Hickey ruck in the 22 GF
Tall forwards can't take a contested mark inside 50
Can't tackle

All up, quite a depressing half of footy. Hope we can just scrape over the line and somehow, in the coming weeks, re-discover some midfield touch.
Can Grundy man up and actually ****ing run through someone in the ruck? Bruise free ruckman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back