Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Strange location for us to play. Would have thought they would have played it at Bendigo...or somewhere like that.

Would love to go but cricket semi finals end that chance.

I think it has something to do with a local charity or something.
The money from the game, or maybe the profit is being donated.

Can't remember where i heard this, but i'm sure that's the reason

Match is being played at Skilled Stadium as a fundraiser for drought relief for the local football grounds in the Geelong area. The AFL promised one NAB challenge match, could have been anyone. Spot on surface though

it should be a ground to play a praccy game on. the surface is as good as any ground and the wind will force our players to concentrate on their kicking skills. it should be a good measure of where our skills are at sa we are playing a team who are known for their good skills.

i don't really see how their defence will stop our big talls. if we get it into our F50 quickly, lloydy and scotty will beat harris and wight or hargrave almost everytime. all we have do is apply some good pressure on their midfielders ,like how brisbane did, and we should be right.

i think we match up on the dogs as good as anyone. their weakness is their big guys in defence while are defenders are quite versatile. therefore we shouldn't match up on them too badly.

Optus would have been a better choice i think. If its true that there gunna donate money from the game to a charity, you could still do that and get more with a bigger crowd.

Its a shame its not in Bendigo on the Fri night as I'd get to that - Geelong is a bit far.
Like Jaymin cricket is on Saturday so it's buggered anyway.
Yes the QEO is out of action as it would be very hard underfoot.
Good test for the Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wat is that ground like? just wondering as i have to play there this weekend and have never heard of the place before!

Have never been to the ground myself. Have been to/through Narranderra a few times but never for footy reasons. I think they held a NRL practice game there for a few years.

so how doesnt everyone think we will go? would we keep up with the bulldogs running and pace arcoss the ground with our youngens? if we can, i would say our forward and back line would hold up against thiers and we'll get over the line?

Optus would have been a better choice i think. If its true that there gunna donate money from the game to a charity, you could still do that and get more with a bigger crowd.

There is already a game at Princes Park ;)

i don't really see how their defence will stop our big talls. if we get it into our F50 quickly, lloydy and scotty will beat harris and wight or hargrave almost everytime. all we have do is apply some good pressure on their midfielders ,like how brisbane did, and we should be right.

Scotty and Johns will alomst certainly not be playing ;)

Should be a good game actually. I reckon the dishlickers are seething after that result last week, and will put a lot of pressure on themselves to lift this week.

Reports suggest Darcey, Murphy, Grant and Cooney will return from injury as well this week, which is good as although they will be obviously underdone, I want us playing against as good opposition as possible. Hopefully Griffin plays.

For us, I think Johns is the only obvious exclusion from the perth game (although the official site suggests the injury is very minor), and I doubt Lucas will play. It leaves a forward KP available, and my money is on Neagle getting a run. Why not?

Does anyone know if Hislop is eligable this weekend? Id love to see him get a run.

Should be a good game actually. I reckon the dishlickers are seething after that result last week, and will put a lot of pressure on themselves to lift this week.

Reports suggest Darcey, Murphy, Grant and Cooney will return from injury as well this week, which is good as although they will be obviously underdone, I want us playing against as good opposition as possible. Hopefully Griffin plays.

For us, I think Johns is the only obvious exclusion from the perth game (although the official site suggests the injury is very minor), and I doubt Lucas will play. It leaves a forward KP available, and my money is on Neagle getting a run. Why not?

Does anyone know if Hislop is eligable this weekend? Id love to see him get a run.

I think Hislop is eligable not too sure

Here's my team for this weekend's game...

B: M.Johnson M.Michael M.McVeigh
HB: H.Slattery D.Fletcher N.Lovett-Murray
C: J.Winderlich B.Stanton R.Dyson
HF: B.Houli S.Gumbleton A.Lovett
F: A.Davey M.Lloyd J.Neagle
R: D.Hille J.Watson A.Monfries

I/C: J.Laycock T.Hislop L.Jetta C.Heffernan

I'm thinking maybe it would be good to rest Hird for this one and play him in the praccy game leading into Round 1.
I wanted Courtenay Dempsey in the side but couldn't find a spot for him.

^ personal-wise, that is pretty close, although Ryder and Dempsey will be there, and Im pretty sure the bench still has at least 6, so there is room.

Is Hislop confirmed as available?

Does anyone know how far away McPhee is?

Here's my team for this weekend's game...

B: M.Johnson M.Michael M.McVeigh
HB: H.Slattery D.Fletcher N.Lovett-Murray
C: J.Winderlich B.Stanton R.Dyson
HF: B.Houli S.Gumbleton A.Lovett
F: A.Davey M.Lloyd J.Neagle
R: D.Hille J.Watson A.Monfries

I/C: J.Laycock T.Hislop L.Jetta C.Heffernan

I'm thinking maybe it would be good to rest Hird for this one and play him in the praccy game leading into Round 1.
I wanted Courtenay Dempsey in the side but couldn't find a spot for him.

Not a bad effort but a couple of things. The bench is larger than 4 , pretty sure as someone has said earlier it is 6.
Hislop has been in the modified group both training days this week. Not sure what the injury is.
Stanton was also in the modified group today so there may be a chance he isnt playing.
Watson left the track early with some sort of leg injury.
Winderlich didnt do any contact work today.

Smokin said:
Does anyone know how far away McPhee is?

McPhee completed full training today including the heavy contact tackling drill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon vs Bulldogs @ Skilled Stadium Sat 2pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back