Remove this Banner Ad

Macpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 11, 2001
Beyond Melbourne
Other Teams
MIGHTY PIES
Hope that Hird, Lloyd and the Johnno's stay fit!

I enjoyed what I saw of the baby Bombers tonight! should be an enjoyable season if that standard is maintained!

Blues have got a couple of crackers!

Macpie said:

I enjoyed what I saw of the baby Bombers tonight! should be an enjoyable season if that standard is maintained!

Eddie Betts ;)

Uhh what depth?

There youngsters are as bad as Adelaides

They only make it worse for themselves picking up crap like Kepler Bradley with pick 6 in the draft

%5C100-0060_IMG.JPG

We cop ******** about the Clokes and Shaws but at least Jason and Ryhce have played some decent games. Reynolds and Watson, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, the only disaspointment was that wunderdud was not out their, still I think he was at a greyhound race filling in for the rabbit.

maybe the hawks did win from the Jacobs trade, look what the Dons used it on, Kepler 'Whitinalls bitch' Bradely. Yeah lance is samrt but he out ran Bradley. The Essedndon back line looks like utter crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First thing that came to my mind was "what depth?"

Not being a smartar$e here but the Bombers really seem to be lacking players capable of their best 22.

Paul Thomas will slot straight in and fit in nicely to the the Peverill, M.Johnson, J.Johnson, Solomon, Bullen, Watson, Zantuck and Welsh section of plodders. This should be a real concern when you have all these similar types in your best 22 starving the club of runners. Stanton doesn't appear to be overly quick either.

Macpie said:

Christ you are battling if you're getting excited over a practise match, aren't you lightweight...

nicho_magic said:
god 1 loss without a full team, and people start canning us, we will prove you all wrong and comfortably make the 8.

I dunno about comfortably making the 8, but I agree that Whizzer form doesn't mean a lot in relation to the season proper.

dees_best said:
Paul Thomas will slot straight in and fit in nicely to the the Peverill, M.Johnson, J.Johnson, Solomon, Bullen, Watson, Zantuck and Welsh section of plodders. This should be a real concern when you have all these similar types in your best 22 starving the club of runners.

Henneman and Hunt are rubbish. Won't be getting games ahead of M.Johnson and Zantuck that's for sure.

M29 said:
Henneman and Hunt are rubbish. Won't be getting games ahead of M.Johnson and Zantuck that's for sure.

I didn't say they were. :confused:

All I said was that Essendon appear to have quite a few similar types much like Hawthorn which is not too good for the team balance.

Ahh yes, people can change their minds oh so very quickly. Practice matches and Wizard Cup matches mean so much when it gives someone the opportunity to kick a rival yet when it is their own team on the receiving end we receive the same lines such as, "Oh it's only a Practice Match, get over it" etc.

Essendon are indeed vulnerable when their top players are not on the park, that's why these WC matches arn't just valuable for prize money and meaningless February bragging rights, but to give the kids a run - most wern't impressive tonight, no and the criticism is understandable. We will get better though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon's Depth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back