Essendon's new coach

Remove this Banner Ad

For those wanting Hird, aren't you concerned that he hasn't coached in any capacity? I reckon the days of appointing coaches without apprenticeships are over as the recent punts have ended in tears fairly quickly. Tim Watson is one who comes to mind but I think there were others after him as well.
\

Paul Roos didnt do much of an apprenticeship, he was assistant to Eade for half a season then took over, arguably the best coach in the comp.

will be mark williams
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

Would probably be the worst possible scenario to walk into. Club still needs a fair bit of work on the list side of things and you have the ghost of Hird haunting in the background.

Surely you can see the difference in the Fremantle team of today, and of the one CC put together.
Harvey completely rebuilt that team into what we have today. Something Knights should of had the balls to do.

Let's hope your admin don't make the same mistake twice

What is with these Freo tossers on their high horse?

Harvey has had about as much success as coach as Knights had. What is it, 11th, 14th, 14th and a yet to be determined top eight finish?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick told them some home truths about how bad their list was which resulted in him not getting the Essendon job.

Maybe they regret being so pig-headed about his honesty right now ........

An absolutely horrendous decision that was met with disbelief by most Essendon supporters. Monumental stuff up that will haunt our club for years.

Hardwick told them some home truths about how bad their list was which resulted in him not getting the Essendon job.

Maybe they regret being so pig-headed about his honesty right now ........

I really wanted Dimma at the time, but the list has been turned over quite considerably since the end of 2007. Still needs a bit of tidying up, but there is something there to work with.

In my opinion, we need a quality user in the back half (other than our talls in Hurley and Pears), small defender, back-up ruckmen (young developing ruckmen to replace Hille in about 3 years time) and a couple of top shelf midfielders.

The fact that our best draft picks over the last three years have been talls have meant that our draft picks haven't had the immediate effect of other teams.

St. Kilda can't seem to beat that crappy list.
Given the fact Essendon only won 7 games for the season I can understand you want to latch onto every win you can but seriously just because you beat a good side doesn't mean anything . Your whole season was a shambles and the list is crappy no matter how you look at it. Deflecting from the truth only makes you look silly

Rather not, might as well just appoint Hird. I wiould be looking at experienced assistants. Does Peter Sumich have a desire to coach?

Blake has done time with Malthouse, Matthews and Thompson.

Sumich has been under Worsfold hmmm which one do you think would have learnt the most?:rolleyes:

Knights gone, no surprises there, but moving on, the important question is, who will replace him?
Apparently Knights was ousted by "influential coterie groups and members". So, who does the club want to take it forward?
Does it have to be an Essendon person? Does it have to an experienced Senior coach?

Williams, Richardson, and Laidley seem to be the early front runners. Any of those or someone else?

I mentioned in another thread that the tail was wagging the dog.

If the above statement re coterie groups and members is true then I rest my case.

Amateur hour at the EFC:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon's new coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back