Essendon's OOC players plus the 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I of the belief that Roughy is having 6 months off to hang with his mate Heppell after he gets back from his honeymoon. Two peas from the same pod (junior footy) who would have a laugh at how if Heppell came for free & JOM came via trade just how pissed off the rest of the competition would be! Salary cap I hear you say... A couple of retirements & the money that was going to Carlisle ( cough! Pheeeew :) ) & we're a happy team at Hawthorn ;)
--- Scary thought!----

Well I of the belief that Roughy is having 6 months off to hang with his mate Heppell after he gets back from his honeymoon. Two peas from the same pod (junior footy) who would have a laugh at how if Heppell came for free & JOM came via trade just how pissed off the rest of the competition would be! Salary cap I hear you say... A couple of retirements & the money that was going to Carlisle ( cough! Pheeeew :) ) & we're a happy team at Hawthorn ;)
--- Scary thought!----

Has already been offered captaincy. Not going anywhere imho

Has already been offered captaincy. Not going anywhere imho
Heppell won't be going anywhere. Of everyone there he stands to have the most to gain by staying given he will get a big contract, captain & the face of the Dons for the next 5 years.
But my scary thought is still a scary prospect :)

Heppell, Hurley, Hooker - Top priority signings

Hibberd, Myers, Hocking, Colyer, Bellchambers 2nd Priority

Stanton, Watson - Will retire or sign imo

Howlett, Pears - Will sign as no one else will offer them a contract.

Stanton will only be 30 round 1 next year, Bloke has 2-3 years left easy IMO, Watson will be 32 round 1 next year he will play in 2017 and 18 for us, They wont retire IMO, Watson maybe a 20% chance.

Agree with that break down pretty spot on, And depending on Berger/Smack and Gach development Belly could be downgraded.

Stanton will only be 30 round 1 next year, Bloke has 2-3 years left easy IMO, Watson will be 32 round 1 next year he will play in 2017 and 18 for us, They wont retire IMO, Watson maybe a 20% chance.

Agree with that break down pretty spot on, And depending on Berger/Smack and Gach development Belly could be downgraded.

I wasn't commenting on how much footy they had left I was making the point that I cant see them leaving the club.

It seems very likely Cale Hooker will leave Essendon at the end of the year and there is even talk Michael Hurley is considering his options on whether to leave as a delisted free agent after talking to several clubs about potential contracts.

I'm expecting quite a few to walk out after having to spend 12 months on the sideline, who will your club target?

Couldn't just keep the speculation in the other 5 or so threads about this topic?

Couldn't just keep the speculation in the other 5 or so threads about this topic?
Sorry Kebab, the only Essendon player I saw thread about was Hooker, I expect most players that are banned would at least be looking at there options at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea, but not buying into the speculation about Hooker. He was apparently seen shopping for schools in Perth when there's photos of him training with the banned Essendon players in Melbourne. He might go, but he's hardly already out the door.
I reckon Hooker leaving is a given.

Hurley is the one that interests me, plenty of rumours he is considering big contracts from rival clubs and may choose to walk as a DFA.

Have you ever heard of the domino effect - If a club can prized either Hooker, Hurley or Heppell out the door the floodgates will open. The key is the DFA status of the players.
Hooker will definitely go IMO. It's whether guys want to go down the DFA path. I expect that if guys like Hurley decide to go they may just seek a trade, similar to Paddy Ryder but they have that up there sleeve and will use it if they have to.

Hooker will definitely go IMO. It's whether guys want to go down the DFA path. I expect that if guys like Hurley decide to go they may just seek a trade, similar to Paddy Ryder but they have that up there sleeve and will use it if they have to.

I dont disagree with you. However, what ever way they go Bombers are up shit creek without a paddle. Wonder if its Karma for the years of misery they put all other clubs thru at the trade table.

If Essendon finish last and get number one pick do we get picks 2&3&4 for
Hooker, Hurley and Heppell. If Hurley and Heppell go the dfa way. they will be on big money to be persuaded away from Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon's OOC players plus the 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back