Essendon's OOC players plus the 12

Remove this Banner Ad

We can remove Hocking from this conversation. Fox sports news is reporting that he has resigned with Essendon.

ESSENDON midfielder Heath Hocking has become the first of the 12 banned players that remain at the club to re-sign.
Hocking, 28, penned a one-year contract extension to keep him with the Bombers until the end of the 2017 season.

Fox Sports News are a bit behind the eight ball, the club announced that last Friday.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-04-01/not-going-anywhere

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...y/news-story/1822a3d86dcab1a3c59afac05d2f40d1

Bit of a nothing article, but it shows clubs are picking at the carcass.
Hurley would have attracted interest the following year anyway, unless we extended his contract prior to.

Not surprising. It could be a great coup for any club to line up 3 of our critical defenders.
Hurley, Hooker and Hibberd know how to work together. I seriously hope we get all 3 back
Massive losses.

Considering Bombers are likely to have pick 1, I wouldn't think they would be too disappointed if Hooker left leaving them with picks 1 and 2.

We can only deal with one of Hurley or Hooker going, not both.
I'd prefer to keep Hurley, as I think he runs the backline, an absolute General back there.
I think we will have pick 2 and 3, we won't finish last ;)

Considering Bombers are likely to have pick 1, I wouldn't think they would be too disappointed if Hooker left leaving them with picks 1 and 2.

Pick 2 is not a definite gun though
Likely we go with a pair of Petrevski-Seton & Battle if we land both picks, giving us a classy mid and a good second forward prospect.

But i'd prefer to go into 2017 with Hooker, Hurley and Hibberd sliding back into defence.

Bags Hartley Hooker
Hibberd Hurley Tippa
= good backline.

We can remove Hocking from this conversation. Fox sports news is reporting that he has resigned with Essendon.

ESSENDON midfielder Heath Hocking has become the first of the 12 banned players that remain at the club to re-sign.
Hocking, 28, penned a one-year contract extension to keep him with the Bombers until the end of the 2017 season.
No other team would want him lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hibberd, too.
That's unrealistic? Hibberd averages 22 disposals as a back flanker over his career, as well as 4 rebound 50's. Very good player.

You can't assume you're trading with Melbourne every trade in every trade week.
No, but the point still stands. Hibberd is worth a mid to late teens pick at best, but pick 25 is far from ridiculous for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon's OOC players plus the 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back