Mega Thread Essendon's punishment - Opinion, theories etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the most deluded post of the entire sorry saga.

Well done sir. :thumbsu:

I find your post, not just deluded, but reprehensible.

I defend Essendon - appropriately - by saying that nothing about the 2013 season has anything to do with cheating, or anything like that.

You then call that "deluded" despite no evidence to prove your obvious insinuation that Essendon are somehow "cheating" in 2013.

It is an abhorrent suggestion, and one in which you need to immediately apologise for.

You won't, because you are a coward.

I defend Essendon - appropriately - by saying that nothing about the 2013 season has anything to do with cheating, or anything like that.

You then call that "deluded" despite no evidence to prove your obvious insinuation that Essendon are somehow "cheating" in 2013.

It is an abhorrent suggestion, and one in which you need to immediately apologise for.

As many have said before, effects of drug in 2012 do not just wear off the moment you stop.

Graffy4242 said:
Possibly the most deluded post of the entire sorry saga.

Well done sir. :thumbsu:

Well i'm with Graffy4242 on this one ... :thumbsu:

You honestly think Essendon have no drug-induced advantage?

:rainbow:

I am the one that is Appalled. Ryan O Keefe, too.

Taking illigeal drugs that grow muscle, reduce fat and repair Tristan Cartledge is non-ethical and should be dealt with by the highest and most influential, deterring punishments.

You honestly think Essendon have no drug-induced advantage?

Of course they bloody well don't.

To suggest that what they might have done in 2012 is somehow causing them to win games in 2013, is not just wrong, but blatantly insulting. It's drawing a bow so long, it could go around the world.

It's an abhorrent suggestion. Abhorrent.

If you can't see how insulting it is, then you should take a long hard look at yourself.

No, there is not.

You are drawing a bow so long, it could go around the world.

Stop being an idiot.

lol, oh please. Has it occurred to you, that Essendon's good performances in 2013 have come about due to them actually being a good team? I know it's hard to comprehend common-sense like that, but maybe you should try.

This idiotic, abhorrent, and frankly insulting suggestion that something that probably had next to no effect (and if it did probably a negative one) in 2012 is somehow, despite no evidence, assisting Essendon in 2013 is drawing the longest bow imaginable.

That long bow, is probably long enough to go around the solar system now.

Essendon beat West Coast because they wanted it more in that last quarter. It's as simple as that.

Regardless of what the findings from 2012 are, this ridiculous insinuation that Essendon is somehow gaining an unfair advantage in 2013 simply must stop. It must stop immediately. It is trolling, it is blatantly incorrect, and it is drawing a bow so long it could wrap itself around the known universe.

If you can't see how insulting it is, maybe you should stop and think. I am appalled at comments like yours. Appalled.
You sure are easily appalled. How do you feel about your club's conduct? Are you appalled? Did you threaten for a membership refund?

Essendon have bought the gaME Into far greater disrepute with this fiasco than Carlton with the salary cap cheating and Melbourne with the tanking.​

To suggest that what they might have done in 2012 is somehow causing them to win games in 2013, is not just wrong, but blatantly insulting. It's drawing a bow so long, it could go around the world.

If you can't see how insulting it is, then you should take a long hard look at yourself.

You should take a long hard look at your club. And contemplate the possibility of physical developments in 2012 having an effect in 2013.

You should take a long hard look at your club. And contemplate the possibility of physical developments in 2012 having an effect in 2013.

Exactly to say there is no benefit from this is ludicrous. The science evidence states this strongly. It is like the claims that were refuted by Essendon that their 2000 Premiership side did not benefit from the 1993 cap cheating even though it enabled them to keep the young members of te team together.

Seems as though the bombers have been running games out very well this year.

Are you saying the bombers wanted it less during the first 3 quarters?

Did Brisbane want it less than Geelong in the first three quarter last week?

Essendon won because Carlisle was moved forward and kicked an amazing goal from the boundary, they started controlling the ball, and wanted it more.

Essendon have been playing with great spirit all year, much like Port Adelaide, who are running games out better than any team (the power have won 10 out of 12 last quarters.) How are Cronulla running games out in 2013?

Regardless of what is found to have happened in 2012, this suggestion that Essendon are gaining an unfair advantage in 2013 simply must stop. And it must stop immediately.

it's one of the more insulting things I have seen in my 13 years on BigFooty.

Aside from showing a complete lack of football knowledge from people who obviously havn't watched Essendon play this year, it's just so totally disrespectful.

'somehow causing'

do you think if you take PED that reduce fat, increase muscle etc. these benefits will go away, straight away?

can you not see how this extra cheating will have long lasting effects?!

you have systematically drug cheated and deserve very harsh pentalys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon won because Carlisle was moved forward and kicked an amazing goal from the boundary, they started controlling the ball, and wanted it more.

Essendon have been playing with great spirit all year, much like Port Adelaide, who are running games out better than any team (the power have won 10 out of 12 last quarters.) How are Cronulla running games out in 2013?

Regardless of what is found to have happened in 2012, this suggestion that Essendon are gaining an unfair advantage in 2013 simply must stop. And it must stop immediately.

Aside from showing a complete lack of football knowledge from people who obviously havn't watched Essendon play this year, it's just so totally disrespectful.
There's nothing ........ i repeat nothing, respectful about Essendon at the minute ...

Has Carlise be advantaged from increased muscles and a lower fat ratio?

it's one of the more insulting things I have seen in my 13 years on BigFooty

My friend. I think you are delusional.

Do you really think these drugs have been injected with the foresight of working for a 6 month period and then stopping all PED advantage???

Are they magic drugs?

This made me laugh hard. Your team deserves no respect.

Appalled? How about the players that have been treated like lab animals? Oh you're winning so it doesn't matter, right?

What happened in 2012 will be dealt with. Whatever happens, happens. Fine.

What I am saying is that Essendon's 2013 performances have nothing to do with anything that happened in 2012 and everything to do with being a good team in 2013. You know this as well as I do. You've been on this site for almost as long as I have and you're more of a respected poster than most of the trolls here. You're not an idiot.

This bow that's being drawn linking 2012 to 2013 performances shows an utter lack of respect. It's abhorrent. I am disgusted by it and so should a footy fan like you. The players have worked their butt off all year. They have been nothing short of wonderful so far.

Cronulla are second-last FFS.

The bow is so long, it could be wrapped around the known universe a billion times.

Dans only argument that Essendon are not cheating this year is because Cronulla are playing shit? :confused:

The other argument, of course, is the small relatively insignificant matter that.....you know, they actually are not cheating in 2013.

DUH!

Morons.

It seems like I am too much of a idiot and moron to grasp your superior ideas.

I will leave it as this; i feel you have cheated and you are continuing to cheat.

I feel two year bans, no points until 2015/16, no draft picks, sounds fair.

Of course being charged for bringing the game into disrepute too.

cronulla are not relevant

They're not relevant to your argument, because your argument is full of more holes than a block of swiss cheese.

Cronulla are shit in 2013. And a shit team that allegedly took banned substances in 2012, who then performs poorly in 2013 doesn't t fit your wild, stupid suggestion that those banned substances then assisted that team in 2013. Your argument falls to pieces.

This ridiculously long bow that is being drawn has to stop. Immediately.

The same people that take this long bow are probably the same type of people that believe in conspiracy theories.

It shows a compete lack of respect, and a total disregard for common-sense.

What happened in 2012 will be dealt with. Whatever happens, happens. Fine.

What I am saying is that Essendon's 2013 performances have nothing to do with anything that happened in 2012 and everything to do with being a good team in 2013.
Lol. So no one has benefited this year from the illegal help from 2012?

Wish when New Years came around, everything went into reset for all of us too and not just Essendon players.

Cronulla are shit in 2013. And a shit team that allegedly took banned substances in 2012, who then performs poorly in 2013 doesn't t fit your wild, stupid suggestion that those banned substances then assisted that team in 2013. Your argument falls to pieces.

Like you have already been told in this thread, Cronulla are currently 6th. Not shit.

Your only argument is full of holes, give it up now. The Bombers are dirty cheats and are only 10-3 because they cheated.

No one ever respects cheats.

What I am saying is that Essendon's 2013 performances have nothing to do with anything that happened in 2012 and everything to do with being a good team in 2013. You know this as well as I do. You've been on this site for almost as long as I have and you're more of a respected poster than most of the trolls here. You're not an idiot.

Don't you realise Dan, that this kind of doping regime can have lasting effects (accelerated muscle mass increase, able to train longer, quicker recovery, etc) longer than the doping period itself? It's accumulative, it's not really an overnight benefit. For example, if you're taking a drug that allows you to train a lot harder and longer than you would because it has very good recuperative effects, and allows you to add body mass quicker - then it puts you in better stead the year after.

That is precisely the reason why people are questioning this year as well, and rightly so.

This bow that's being drawn linking 2012 to 2013 performances shows an utter lack of respect. It's abhorrent. I am disgusted by it and so should a footy fan like you. The players have worked their butt off all year. They have been nothing short of wonderful so far.

Then perhaps the club and players should have thought about that before going ahead with it.

Cronulla are second-last FFS.

There might be other mitigating circumstances that have not let Cronulla reap the benefits they would have hoped. I'm not even sure what their regime was like, but from the info we have so far, Essendon's program was probably a lot more meticulous. What was it, 40 injections Watson admitted to taking? And you wonder if there was more than AOD being administered that would have the effects mentioned above (I have no doubt about that).

Not every PED, in every sporting code world wide, will mean a team will 100% win or lose.

Im sorry I cannot articulate this in a better way. :oops:

cheating =/= winning

[quote="Dan26, post: 28937769, member: 2751"It shows a compete lack of respect, and a total disregard for common-sense.[/quote]

I'd argue Essendon has shown a compete lack of respect for the Australian Football public and a disregard for sportsmanship / fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back