Toast Ethan Hughes

Remove this Banner Ad

Hughes was a great selection for the recruiting team and club as a whole. He wrung every ounce and more out of his inherent talent to perform, and at times excel, in the roles he was given. Very clear he was fully committed to doing what was required for the team all the time. A coaches dream.

As with all players who pull on the purple guernsey Hughes deserves our thanks and appreciation for the role he played at our Club.

Ethan had a strong commitment to his teammates and displayed elite defense skills. As someone who never shied away from a strong tackle he could be relied upon to give his all every time he ran out onto the field.

Thanks for everything Ethan and good luck to you and your wife Jess with the birth of your first child, and your post football career.

Always loved Hughes' toughness, work ethic, commitment and team-first attitude, and always felt that he was underappreciated, but I gotta ask: are cats heads really that hard? Has anyone actually tested the hypothesis?
Surprising fact a "cat's head" was actually a small anvil used by blacksmiths to shape metals into round curves.

Very hard!

Always loved Hughes' toughness, work ethic, commitment and team-first attitude, and always felt that he was underappreciated, but I gotta ask: are cats heads really that hard? Has anyone actually tested the hypothesis?
You could test and verify but making public your research methods might get you into trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well played Ethan Hughes. Played over a 100 games, no mean feat.A Mister Fix it and played the role well.
Always gave his all and some more.
Unfairly attacked by many "supporters".
Hopefully everything goes well in your future projects.
Thanks for the service.

Surprising fact a "cat's head" was actually a small anvil used by blacksmiths to shape metals into round curves.

Very hard!
Great question and great answer. I've often myself wondered why we say this, and now today I've learnt something.

He would never flinch. He would keep the same expression whether he’s hand balling it, contested marking or going in for the bump to get the ball. It was always the same. It was as if it was nothing, it’s expected of him.

He was underrated. Feel like the slow decision making was always unfair. The best interceptors are always slow- McGovern, Darcy Moore. Always slow kickers.

Came to write he is courage personified, never shirked a contest but its all been said prior, he should be proud of his career in purple, congrats and thanks Ethan.
Now…end this season on a high and dominate down back at Peel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Ethan Hughes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back