Everton fans thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not mind this kit for next year.

Evertonblack.jpg

I don't mind Le Coq Sportif, as they were a good luck charm in the 1980's:thumbsu:. Those shirt templates look good Sheeds, I just hope that the final designs don't have the rooster logo located around the shoulder as Le coq have done on Manchester City's shirt, as I think it looks stupid.

It is amazing the situation that currently exists at Everton. David Moyes has been at the club more than 5 years. In that time we have not seen 1 major trophy won, yet to reach the final of any competition we have been involved in. Only at Everton could you have such a situation where not only is the manager not under pressure, they actually give him a 5 year contract extension and more than double his wages!! It is baffling.

David Moyes has shown he is tactically inept when it comes to using subs. He is the slowest manager in the league to react to what is happening on the pitch and when he makes changes they are token changes that serve no purpose. What chance does he gives James Vaughan when he brings him on in the 89th minute against Boro? Leighton Baines plays two MOTM performances in his last two starts for Everton and now cannot get a look in as Moyes plays his favourites. Why bring Baines on at the 87th minute mark today? What chance are you giving him? The only threat Everton had all game against Wigan was Saha and he is the player that Moyes takes off. Moyes has no understanding or feeling for what is happening on the pitch.

Tim Cahill is serving up absolute rubbish at the moment.Anyone can see Leon Osman is a useless ****, not Moyes who continues to praise the midget at every chance he gets. When it comes to change the only change likely to be seen is Tony heckin'g Hibbert into the starting side and Phil Neville into midfield Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Everton have the worst home record of any side in the league this season, this is a fact. Everton are yet to beat any side of note with wins coming against West Brom, Stoke, Bolton, Fulham and West Ham. Being brutally honest the last 3 wins listed were nowhere near deserved as Everton in the main were outplayed. Once again today they travel to Wigan who have managed only 3 goals at home all season, another toothless and spineless performance is served up. You feel sorry for the fans who pay to watch this shit.

Moyes will do what he does best and that is deflect attention from his performances as manager. Await his general response we get after every single game that Everton lose. “We deserved more out of the game, unlucky etc etc etc”

Moyes has already come out and said the club has no money to spend in the January transfer window so if we finish in a decent position at season’s end he can make himself out to be some kind of miracle worker and messiah with the squad he has. Of course he will not take responsibility for his previous transfer dealings and how slow he is to make signings. Taking credit is what Moyes does best, doing his job not so high on the agenda.

It is amazing the situation that currently exists at Everton. David Moyes has been at the club more than 5 years. In that time we have not seen 1 major trophy won, yet to reach the final of any competition we have been involved in. Only at Everton could you have such a situation where not only is the manager not under pressure, they actually give him a 5 year contract extension and more than double his wages!! It is baffling.

I agree that Moyes did not desrve a 5 year extension at 65K per week, especially considering he hasn't won a trophy or come close in his time here. I can't believe that he didn't cop more flack from the Oldham match in last years FA cup. That side he put out was the worst I have seen at this club and with all the upsets that happened in last seasons FA cup, that was a massive chance that he blew.

David Moyes has shown he is tactically inept when it comes to using subs. He is the slowest manager in the league to react to what is happening on the pitch and when he makes changes they are token changes that serve no purpose. What chance does he gives James Vaughan when he brings him on in the 89th minute against Boro? Leighton Baines plays two MOTM performances in his last two starts for Everton and now cannot get a look in as Moyes plays his favourites. Why bring Baines on at the 87th minute mark today? What chance are you giving him? The only threat Everton had all game against Wigan was Saha and he is the player that Moyes takes off. Moyes has no understanding or feeling for what is happening on the pitch.

Moyes tactical nous is another valid criticism of him I feel as well. This was especially evident in the Fulham win, although I wont be too critical of some of his moves because I don't have access to the same information that he has. Some of those changes may have been due to players feeling tight or cramped in the muscles, which happens late in the game and the manager may have been planning to keep those players on for the full 90, but had to make a late change.

Tim Cahill is serving up absolute rubbish at the moment.Anyone can see Leon Osman is a useless ****, not Moyes who continues to praise the midget at every chance he gets. When it comes to change the only change likely to be seen is Tony heckin'g Hibbert into the starting side and Phil Neville into midfield Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!.

I can't stand Tony Hibbert either and I don't think Osman is a player that will get us anywhere near where we want to be. If both of these players were not academy graduates that would have pissed off to a club like Derby County years ago. I don't think Timmy is suited to a four man midfield and we can't really play a 5 man midfield until we get a good, premiership standard defensive midfielder.

Everton have the worst home record of any side in the league this season, this is a fact. Everton are yet to beat any side of note with wins coming against West Brom, Stoke, Bolton, Fulham and West Ham. Being brutally honest the last 3 wins listed were nowhere near deserved as Everton in the main were outplayed. Once again today they travel to Wigan who have managed only 3 goals at home all season, another toothless and spineless performance is served up. You feel sorry for the fans who pay to watch this shit.

I agree and have been saying it for a while that we are playing like a bottom six team and will be in a relegation scrap upto our necks come February/March.

Moyes will do what he does best and that is deflect attention from his performances as manager. Await his general response we get after every single game that Everton lose. “We deserved more out of the game, unlucky etc etc etc”.

I don't really have a problem with him saying that to the media to be honest, as long as he is not doing so behind closed doors and when dealing with the players, I hope he's not afraid to let some home truths be told.

Moyes has already come out and said the club has no money to spend in the January transfer window so if we finish in a decent position at season’s end he can make himself out to be some kind of miracle worker and messiah with the squad he has. Of course he will not take responsibility for his previous transfer dealings and how slow he is to make signings. Taking credit is what Moyes does best, doing his job not so high on the agenda.

I would think that he would have some money, but looking at our financial statements, we don't have what it takes to generate the kind of cash to consistantly finish in the top 8 teams in the premiership and to Moyes credit he has been able to get the side to consistantly finish in the top 8 teams. He does tend to "dither" alot in the market though doesn't he? And he is the one who has to shoulder the blame for the clubs transfer debacle over the last off-season.
I don't agree with the last sentence though and I think it's a bit unfair on him. You regularly see him at reserves and academy fixtures as well as matches against opposition teams that we are coming up against and he is often seen in the stands in matches in France, Russia and Holland when on scouting trips.
Apart from that though, a bloody good post:thumbsu:.

Yeah to be fair I may have been a little harsh in some of my criticism. I think your comments probably a bit more balanced than myself.:p

The lack of spending in January I did base on an article I read in the Telepraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...dered-by-lack-of-spending-money-Football.html

The Everton manager endured a painful summer trying to strengthen his squad before a last-minute dash saw five new faces arrive at Goodison Park.

An inconsistent start to the season has reinforced the manager's desire to add to his current squad who face Wigan on Monday.

Moyes is desperate to ensure his side don't swap last year's fifth-place finish for a struggle to avoid getting dragged into this season's survival scrap.

But he admits his only chance of bringing in new players will be if they can be found on the cheap.

Moyes said: "We're one of the clubs that hasn't got money to spend in January. I don't see us having anything.

"We'll always be out there looking to see what's there and if finances do become available, I'll hopefully be able to improve the team and the squad.

"But my early thoughts are we won't have money available to spend.

"Bosmans might be something we can look at, but it still costs a lot of money and if you can wait you can get them for nothing in May."

The Scot has been boosted by the return to form of England defender Joleon Lescott, who went through a nightmare patch during the opening weeks of the campaign.

Moyes believes Lescott is now over the worst and admits he has been forced to sit down with the defender and help him through his recent dip in form.
--------

We should have snaffled Fernandes when we had the chance. He has played some top games for Valencia this season.

I 100% agree that Fernandes should have been snaffled up and that that ship has well and truely sailed on Manny now. The annoying thing was that we managed to stuff up our chances to sign him not once but twice. I saw those comments from Moyes the other day, but I just think he's playing games with the media. If he wasn't given any money to spend in January then I don't think he would have signed his new contract, or maybe the transfer budget is being used to pay his bumper wages:eek:. Anyway I think he will have some money, all be it not alot. Stephen Hunt here we come;).

Tim Cahill is serving up absolute rubbish at the moment.Anyone can see Leon Osman is a useless ****, not Moyes who continues to praise the midget at every chance he gets. When it comes to change the only change likely to be seen is Tony heckin'g Hibbert into the starting side and Phil Neville into midfield Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Moyes will do what he does best and that is deflect attention from his performances as manager. Await his general response we get after every single game that Everton lose. “We deserved more out of the game, unlucky etc etc etc”

Here here.

Another point that annoys me is Anichebe is not a good player. Yeah it worked in Europe where the teams aren't as physical and can't handle his presence.. but tell me how many times has he scored in the EPL when coming on with 30mins to go? Why not give Jutkievicz the chance (spelling) or Vaughan. Its an outright disgrace.

Here here.

Another point that annoys me is Anichebe is not a good player. Yeah it worked in Europe where the teams aren't as physical and can't handle his presence.. but tell me how many times has he scored in the EPL when coming on with 30mins to go? Why not give Jutkievicz the chance (spelling) or Vaughan. Its an outright disgrace.

Some discussion that Vaughan has injured his knee again and looking at a 6 month layoff. I know he is young..... But must be a major concern given he has already had multiple surgery on his knee. Vaughan was not in the squad against Wigan so dare I say more will come out in the coming days.

Anichebe has only scored the 1 goal this season against Stoke. That is from starting 2 games and another 7 sub appearances. In fact he has come on as a sub in an EPL game and scored only the 1 time for memory ever.:eek:...... Yet we persevere with it. Last year he started 10 games and made 17 sub appearances for a total of 1 goal for the season. That also came in the first game of the season against Wigan. Lean times for Anichebe.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our main problem is a really high quality playmaker out of the Ronaldo mould. Obviously that's too big an ask, but I feel Arteta isn't doing enough to create our goals. We now that if we feed the Yak he will score, and the same goes for Saha and Cahill, but I think our goals are coming form either one off pieces of arse from one of the front men or defensive errors.

Defense I do not see as too big of a problem. Yobo and Vaughn are fairly stable, and Jaggers isn't the worst option. Arteta can stay, Fellaini shows a bit, our problem lies that we are arguing between Osman and Baines, two players that aren't going to give us what we need creatively.

In saying that I am not unhappy Moyes has had sis contract renewed, he has done well to get us to this point, his challenge now is to get us further. There is no good in him finishing at Everton saying "Well, I got them close". Close isn't going to win you trophies nor attract the players required.

Sadly our firts requirement is money. A buyout would help us immensely, because until we build a better stadium and attract better sponsors and, eventually, players, coin is a must. The inconsistency is annoying to say the least, especially seeing as though my other team is the Roar, I feel like the same thing is happening there.

Not sure if people have forgotten where Everton have come from.

It was only after Moyes came that they stopped being in a perennial relegation battle, and the heights that he has taken have (IMO) being phenomenal.

Can't say that I'm a fan of the little gremlin, but I'm not sure you could do much better. £65k a week does seem a lot, but I guess thats the going rate for a mid rated manager nowadays.

Major concerns heading into the game with Tottenham.

-------
Everton boss David Moyes has a string of injury worries ahead of Sunday's Premier League game at Tottenham.
Full-backs Tony Hibbert (thigh strain) and Nuno Valente (knee operation) miss out, while young striker James Vaughan has gone to Colorado for a cartilage operation and will be out until the new year.

Strikers Victor Anichebe and Louis Saha have hamstring problems, while Steven Pienaar has not trained for a fortnight with a knee problem.
Provisional squad: Howard, Neville, Lescott, Yobo, Jagielka, Baines, Arteta,
Osman, Cahill, Fellaini, Yakubu, Saha, Anichebe, Nash, Castillo, Rodwell,
Gosling, Jutkiewicz, Baxter.
------

The club is not being 1005 truthful because really Yakubu is not fit. He has been struggling with a heel problem all season and was unable to play against West Ham.

Do we bite the bullet and throw Jutkiewicz or Baxter into the fray?

Major concerns heading into the game with Tottenham.

-------
Everton boss David Moyes has a string of injury worries ahead of Sunday's Premier League game at Tottenham.
Full-backs Tony Hibbert (thigh strain) and Nuno Valente (knee operation) miss out, while young striker James Vaughan has gone to Colorado for a cartilage operation and will be out until the new year.

Strikers Victor Anichebe and Louis Saha have hamstring problems, while Steven Pienaar has not trained for a fortnight with a knee problem.
Provisional squad: Howard, Neville, Lescott, Yobo, Jagielka, Baines, Arteta,
Osman, Cahill, Fellaini, Yakubu, Saha, Anichebe, Nash, Castillo, Rodwell,
Gosling, Jutkiewicz, Baxter.
------

The club is not being 1005 truthful because really Yakubu is not fit. He has been struggling with a heel problem all season and was unable to play against West Ham.

Do we bite the bullet and throw Jutkiewicz or Baxter into the fray?

I don't see how we can play Saha given his history of niggles, would be best to rest him for this one and I don't want Yakubu to put in a poor performance and effect his value, because I think he is likely to reunite with Harry Redknapp and join Tottenham either in January or at the end of the season.
I also think we have to be careful with Baxter for the time being and not throw him into the wolves so to speak. If we are getting thrashed and the heat has gone out of the game then I might bring him on as a substitute. We are lucky that he has had alot of games recently with our U18's, our reserves and the underage England sides, so his development should be coming along nicely as it is.
I have been itching to see both Jutkiewicz and Gosling play for the senior team for some time, Gosling in particular as I think he has a long term future with the club. However Judging by his scoring rate at both Swindon and Plymouth, I dont think Jutkiewicz having a future with us, but it still excites me to see youngsters graduate to the first team, so he should at least get a go.
As for James Vaughan, I think his career is just about on it's last legs now, which is a real shame considering how similar in ability he is to another Goodison hero in Andy Gray:(.

Yakubu out for the season, Saha hammy is gone, Vaughan is off getting surgery... does that only leave Anichebe as our only fit striker?

Good to see us win but it has come at a cost!

Yakubu out for the season, Saha hammy is gone, Vaughan is off getting surgery... does that only leave Anichebe as our only fit striker?

Good to see us win but it has come at a cost!

Anichibe your only fit striker for atleast the next month. Timmy Cahills gotta step up in a big way.

Anichibe your only fit striker for atleast the next month. Timmy Cahills gotta step up in a big way.

Hell, coming into the packed xmas schedule we are gonna be hurting! What about the Polish youngster Jutkiewicz, isn't he a striker? Either way we're screwed!

Hell, coming into the packed xmas schedule we are gonna be hurting! What about the Polish youngster Jutkiewicz, isn't he a striker? Either way we're screwed!

Sad thing is that Yakubu could very well be out for most of next season too. VERY bad injury to get especially at his age

I guess we get what we deserve when we put injured players out on the park don't we? It's unfortunate that the window for loans shut last friday and it is now down to Anichebe, Jutkiewicz and Baxter to lead the strikeforce. So far in their careers they have managed 11 goals in 97 matches between them, so things don't look good.
Hopefully in January we will be able to sign somebody that is affordable like David Nugent for around £2 million or that Egyptian striker, Metab that we were linked with. Who knows, but maybe we could even sign Ronaldo on a free transfer.

Cahill once again had more injections before the game but yeah it is up to him now to step up.

Injuries aside I thought last night was our best performance for a long time. Fellaini was absolutely brilliant in midfield and Jagielka played a blinder as well.

You would assume this will not happen but given Yakubu and Saha absent lets hope this deal comes off.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spo...ayern-striker-in-January-transfer-window.html

EVERTON have started moves to bring Lukas Podolski to Goodison Park.

David Moyes has been monitoring Podolski’s situation since Euro 2008 amid whispers that he is unhappy at Bayern Munich.

Podolski, 23, has confirmed he will be leaving the German giants by handing in a transfer request.

That has alerted a string of Premier League clubs — but it is Everton who plan to be first out of the traps.

Boss Moyes suggested last week that he will have little or no money to spend in the transfer window. But he is concerned about his striking options and the club are considering ways of raising the finance.

Podolski would not come cheap — but in the current climate, he is unlikely to be over- priced, either. A bid of just under £10million should be sufficient.
----------

Cahill once again had more injections before the game but yeah it is up to him now to step up.

Injuries aside I thought last night was our best performance for a long time. Fellaini was absolutely brilliant in midfield and Jagielka played a blinder as well.

You would assume this will not happen but given Yakubu and Saha absent lets hope this deal comes off.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spo...ayern-striker-in-January-transfer-window.html

EVERTON have started moves to bring Lukas Podolski to Goodison Park.

David Moyes has been monitoring Podolski’s situation since Euro 2008 amid whispers that he is unhappy at Bayern Munich.

Podolski, 23, has confirmed he will be leaving the German giants by handing in a transfer request.

That has alerted a string of Premier League clubs — but it is Everton who plan to be first out of the traps.

Boss Moyes suggested last week that he will have little or no money to spend in the transfer window. But he is concerned about his striking options and the club are considering ways of raising the finance.

Podolski would not come cheap — but in the current climate, he is unlikely to be over- priced, either. A bid of just under £10million should be sufficient.
----------
If only it wasn't NOTW.. Otherwise I'd be so excited. Podolski will prolly go to Manc, but boy I'd love him here, I am a big fan of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back