Everton fans thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly should be accepting a bid like that for Pienaar, as we could then use the money to buy a left winger who is actually left footed and who doesn't do stupid backheels to the opposition all the time.

I would have said "Who doesn't pass to the opposition all the time".

Its amazing that Everton fans I have seen on other forums are like "Omg no way, sell him only for 20!". I think he's a terrible player most of the time. Does some good things, but boy he can do terrible things. Plus he and osman who be out-wrestled by a fly.

I would have said "Who doesn't pass to the opposition all the time".

Its amazing that Everton fans I have seen on other forums are like "Omg no way, sell him only for 20!". I think he's a terrible player most of the time. Does some good things, but boy he can do terrible things. Plus he and osman who be out-wrestled by a fly.

Those fans proberbly remember some of the garbage players that we had in the 1990's, who make Pienaar look like Maradona.

I'll be shot down but I would take Dacourt on a free.:)

I would too, but only on the condition that we have a clause to end Castillo's loan early. You would imagine Dacourt would want high wages and a pretty hefty signing on bonus as well, so if Castillo is to stay, then there is no point in signing Dacourt.

Man City are so cashed up that Sparky has said he will let Michael Johnson go. According to goal.com its a 'tussle' between Everton and West Ham to get his signature, surely we would get him?

He may come, provided that there are no unresolved issues that made him leave us in the first place, although I suspect that he would be pretty happy with the wages he gets at City and wouldn't like to take a pay cut to come to ourselves or West Ham.

I could also only see him coming as part exchange for either Arteta or Lescott and I can't see us selling either of them to be honest.

Man City are so cashed up that Sparky has said he will let Michael Johnson go. According to goal.com its a 'tussle' between Everton and West Ham to get his signature, surely we would get him?

His injuries may be a bit of a worry. But he has the potential to be a class player.

I thought Dacourt was really good in his spell with us, though that was quite a long time ago now. How old is he? He posed for a photo I took of him once after a match.

There were times in the 1990s when I would have killed for a player like Pienaar!

Because he's a hack and you can abuse him?!

We've been linked with the Venezuelan in Moldonaldo and now Jozy Altidore. Wish we'd just make the signings and be done with so they are ready for the derby, because we can't win Derbies with Cahill or Anichebe as striker. Maybe Cahill, definitely not Anichebe.

I thought Dacourt was really good in his spell with us, though that was quite a long time ago now. How old is he? He posed for a photo I took of him once after a match.

There were times in the 1990s when I would have killed for a player like Pienaar!

Dacourt was very good and one of the better players to play for us in the 1990's, but he tended to play the ball along the ground which didn't suit Walter Smiths style:mad:.

Unfortunatly at that time we were mainly a selling club:(, so we couldn't refuse the roughly £3 million profit inside 12 months.

Good to hear that you were able to have a photo with him. Access to players is one thing that Everton have always done really well and it is really easy to get a photo or an autograph if you want one bad enough.

Hull this week. We've been preforming fairly well of late so I'm expecting a win, 2-1 sounds right. Lescott and Fellaini to score.

A striker would for the derby would be nice. Especially considering Torres is back playing. :(

Dacourt was very good and one of the better players to play for us in the 1990's, but he tended to play the ball along the ground which didn't suit Walter Smiths style:mad:.

Unfortunatly at that time we were mainly a selling club:(, so we couldn't refuse the roughly £3 million profit inside 12 months.

Good to hear that you were able to have a photo with him. Access to players is one thing that Everton have always done really well and it is really easy to get a photo or an autograph if you want one bad enough.

It's a real shame we didn't hang onto Dacourt. Things were pretty dark in the 1990s, apart from the cup win and a decent season when Kanchelskis was on fire. I got used to finishing near the bottom. Walter Smith was a very good spotter of talent, but uninspiring on match day.

Goodison's great for getting photos at after matches, with the car park being so open. I also met Brian Labone in the Winslow once, which was good. He then got me a free ticket to the next home match, which was even better. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hull this week. We've been preforming fairly well of late so I'm expecting a win, 2-1 sounds right. Lescott and Fellaini to score.

A striker would for the derby would be nice. Especially considering Torres is back playing. :(

Should be a cracking atmosphere with Hull coming to Goodison, as that means Nicky Barmby returns.

I don't usually condone abuse of former Everton players, but Barmby is an exception to the rule.

At least I can take some satisfaction from the fact that Liverpool wasted £6 million and some very high wages for him only to end up a flop.

It's a real shame we didn't hang onto Dacourt. Things were pretty dark in the 1990s, apart from the cup win and a decent season when Kanchelskis was on fire. I got used to finishing near the bottom. Walter Smith was a very good spotter of talent, but uninspiring on match day.

Goodison's great for getting photos at after matches, with the car park being so open. I also met Brian Labone in the Winslow once, which was good. He then got me a free ticket to the next home match, which was even better. :)

Yeah, I have heard that Labone is very much a gentlemen.

Walter Smith seemed to have little idea on the tactical side of the game, but we should be thankful that he kept us out of relegation to the lower divisions. What had me most baffled with him was one season when he purchased Alexandersen and some other winger and then had the groundsman narrow the width of the pitch:confused:.

Kanchelskis was one of the better signings we have had, as usually the players we sign from the bigger clubs are surplus to needs (eg: Howard, Neville), but Kanchelskis was one of Uniteds better players I thought. Unfortunatly the £7 million from Fiorentina was too good an offer for the club to refuse.

Don't forget he also employed Steve Watson as a striker once! Alexandersen was a strange one. He'd do great things for Sweden, but was too much of an anonymous lightweight for Everton. Kanchelskis' 1995-96 season for us was amazing, and I wasn't surprised when Fiorentina came in for him. He was absolutely dynamic.

On another note, I'm organising a wee bbq for Evertonians in Melbourne on Saturday January 17, if anyone feels like coming along. Details are in a thread at www.evertonfc.com.au/forum.

I too remember Water Smith's infamous 4-5-1 formation and how he seemed to enjoy playing 6-7 centrebacks as part of it. No wonder Richard Dunne left when on occassions he was being played on the right wing.

As for Kanchelskis, I though we sold him at the right time. He was on fire his first season scoring 18? goals I think, but only scored twice in his 2nd season. After he left us he became a bit of a journeyman as well and never recaptured his form from his first season with us.

Huge double header coming up against Liverpool.

Statistically we are in very good form. Unbeaten in our last 6 games, unbeaten in last 5 league games and that also includes 5 clean sheets in a row, 6 including the FA cup tie.

The main concern is the suspension of Fell. We have been able to get by with him and Cahill playing up-front but his loss will be absolutely massive and simply put I do not think Anichebe is up to the task against Liverpool.

Be interesting too see the side we put out, with Yobo available. Do we consider putting Neville back to RB and bring in Castillo? If Yobo comes back in then Lescott will probably go to LB and Baines will be dropped which would be very harsh. Probably the only other possibility is a striker is signed before the Liverpool game which is very unlikely and Moyes is not one to make brave decisions so unlikely they would start anyhow.

Although I don't think he is up to it either, I think Anichebe will come in for Fellaini and Cahilll will play Fellaini's role as the support striker, with Anichebe playing Cahill's role as the main striker.

I think we should keep Hibbert at right back (never thought I would say that;)) and keep Neville in midfield where he has been playing well. Baines deserves to stay in the side at left back with his recent run of good performances and Yobo can have an extra few weeks to get his hamstring right.

I think our current streak is 11 games at Anfield without a win, if we don't win either of these two coming up, we will be getting very close to the winless streak of 1971/72 to 1984/85, which wont be good at all:(.

I think Yobo may find it a bit difficult to get back into the side. If Lescott continues to play like he has in the last few matches at centre back and Baines does likewise at left back, then the manager will have no justification at all to drop Baines and bring Yobo back into the starting lineup.

coming up against Liverpool I would like Yobo back in with Lescott on the left but at the same time i think Baines for that touch of extra pace and well Lescott is one of the best Center Backs in England.. It will be a hard call, but you wouldn't change a winning team unless you have to and I think the only change should be Cahill back in the midfield and Victor up front..

Anyone else sightly excited by the Bresciano rumors?

coming up against Liverpool I would like Yobo back in with Lescott on the left but at the same time i think Baines for that touch of extra pace and well Lescott is one of the best Center Backs in England.. It will be a hard call, but you wouldn't change a winning team unless you have to and I think the only change should be Cahill back in the midfield and Victor up front..

Anyone else sightly excited by the Bresciano rumors?

I havn't heard that one to be honest. Where abouts did you hear it? I wouldn't have thought we could afford what Palermo would want regarding the transfer fee and also I would be surprised if they let him leave on loan to us.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/743/pal.../mark-bresciano-set-for-premier-league-switch

--> Basically Middlesbrough, Everton, Newcastle United and Fulham all want him and his wanting to come to the EPL and Palermo are willing to let him go

http://www.goal.com/en/news/700/new...stle-united-to-borrow-jo-from-manchester-city'

--> This is annoying, Jo could be loaned out by Newcastle, why the hell aren't we going after him on loan!

Thanks for the links. You are right about Jo, we should be knocking the door down to try and get him on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back