Everton fans thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful way to begin, we were sloppy in possession, shaky at the back, looked generally disinterested and Howards howler was just plain embarrassing. Once they had the goal they had the luxury of sitting back, and we were never going to break them brown with our passing gane so astray.

On the bright side. Conceded 5 less than the season opener last year...

An absolute joke of a performance. As soon as I saw Neville, Distin, Osman, Fellaini, Cahill in the starting lineup and a 4-5-1 type setup i was nervous.

I love the Fell but he is not fit to be starting. This will just be another season that we get our hopes up and we will have sweet nothing to show for it.

Yeah, like me saying lets get Messi.

That error was so out of character for Howard. Usually very reliable.

I'll go against the trend here and agree with you that Howard is a reliable keeper.

Errors like this have been very rare for him since his champions league gaffe for United.

My criticism of him is that he doesn't pull off many great saves where the odds aren't in his favour. Take Hart's game last night, I can't remember Howard ever having a game like that.

As soon as I saw Osman I knew we would struggle to look good in attack.

If there was any way to show BK why he NEEDS to find the $9-$12m from any where to buy Landon Donovan that is why. Osman isn't up to it to be starting XI for a team that wants to challenge for Champions League.

Felli wasn't fit but he makes up for it with his effort, some awkward tackles which will get him in trouble every time due to his reputation and size. I thought Arteta and Cahill were less than impressive. Distin was ok, far from horrible. Jags, Baines, Bilyaletdinov and Pienaar get a pass mark IMO. Saha/Beckford didn't really get a chance to do anything.

Commentators nailed it that when we play our passing game and flow we can be as easy on the eye and dangerous as anyone. Its looked as if eleven blokes were thrown together from a pub last night and had never met each other before.

For a team that has gone out of its way to have a successful pre-season campaign to avoid our annual slow start you would have to say fail. There is every chance I am overreacting and I'm sorry for that but with all the hype and all the good things that have been said about us this off season, last night really pissed me off. Still 37 more games and I still believe we can be great this year. Please don't disappoint me like that again boys. COYB!!

I'm surprised some of you guys don't think Howard's reliable. Obviously I don't watch Everton as much as you guys but I can't remember him ever making a howler like that in his time at Everton.

I rate Howard as a keeper, I've always put him up around the top 8 keepers in the league. I remember two seasons ago when we looked like pipping 4th he kept something like 13 clean sheets in a row (off the top of my head). The only problem with Tim Howard, which is something Man United fans should remember is that every once in a while he is prone to a lapse in concentration and with that a costly error.

He won't make to many of them in a row, and was by no means the sole reason we lost, sure it cost the goal but we had 70mins after that to nick one or two back but looked limp and insipid up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised some of you guys don't think Howard's reliable. Obviously I don't watch Everton as much as you guys but I can't remember him ever making a howler like that in his time at Everton.
Flap flap flap. Thats what he does in the air a lot. Also hesitates too much.

You guys seem to be interested in Dries Mertens, a 23 year old Belgian playmaker from FC Utrecht.

I don't really know him but the Dutch seem to rate him. Utrecht are trying to extend his contract at the moment, and PSV are also after him.

Lets hope for a quick turnaround tonight. Neville may be out, so i hope that means Coleman might get a run at Right Back after his great preseason. Although Moyes will prob go with Hibbert instead unfortunately.

Lets hope for a quick turnaround tonight. Neville may be out, so i hope that means Coleman might get a run at Right Back after his great preseason. Although Moyes will prob go with Hibbert instead unfortunately.
Nah I reckon Coleman will come straight in. God I hope so.

Looking forward to the game tonight, and a big bounce back from the inevitable opening day shit-fest.

Agreed on needing Coleman to start. He's had some average games, but he saved our season in the match against Spurs last year. Too exciting to not get given a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back