Everton fans thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a girl from Sligo last night, she knew Seamus Coleman in primary school and had no idea he was playing for Everton now.

The kid is an absolute star. One of the few positives this season.

Just when you think Everton could not do anything more embarrassing or cringeworthy.....:eek: We are desperate to try and get some money!

http://evertonclaims.com/

What a truly awful performance. 2 draws against West Ham simply is not good enough. Once again Billy must be starting over Osman or even Arteta. OSMAN CANNOT PLAY ON A WING When the fk will you sort this out Moyes.

Fellaini was our best of a bad bunch. It is really sad watching what Arteta has produced this season, he has just completely lost the plot. Anichebe is a strong player, good in the air and has a presence.... But he lacks a pretty important ingredient and that is ability. He is not the answer playing as a striker. I guess we will continue to look for players on loan.

Meanwhile Yak bangs another one in for Leicester.:rolleyes:

That first half was the worst I have seen in a while. That front line wouldn't make a league two team tremble with fear. It was so bad that I just decided to focus on Newcastle and Tottenham instead. Switch back to see us behind again, look at the final score to see we salvaged a point, a point we quite frankly, did not deserve.

With our striker situation, wait for Moyes to put Cahill back up front again upon his return... Where he can't really influence the game much at all.

Only positives were Fellaini, and the fact Billy looked a little bit better. Moyes really needs to start Billy from now on, no reason not to. He hasn't had the best start to his time at Everton, but he needs a little backing from his manager...

We will get another go at them in the championship next season if we keep putting in performances like that.

TransferFiction.jpg

:D

That thread on bluekipper is the only reason why I bother going on that forum.

Such is the quality on that thread, I thought about posting some of it into Belfast Bomber's thread on this message board, but I don't think anybody who doesn't follow Everton would find it funny.

I do. Do it!

Besides, it's got the fro in it. Of course it's funny.

:D

That thread on bluekipper is the only reason why I bother going on that forum.

Such is the quality on that thread, I thought about posting some of it into Belfast Bomber's thread on this message board, but I don't think anybody who doesn't follow Everton would find it funny.

Yeah that thread is absolutely brilliant. I am looking at it everyday.:D

Onto the transfer news we have signed someone.......... But he is 19 and will not be in the mix for the 1st team squad. I guess with no finances this is about all we can do.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6707441,00.html

Shoulda won that as we dominated the play and we didn't cheat.

****ing Drogba the cheating prick diving and then we kick the ball out. What the hell was that?
Then he goes and takes the corner with the ball clearly over the line and nearly scores!

Overall it was a great performance by us, here's hoping we carry that form into the Arsenal game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6715278,00.html

Sky Sports News understands Everton have rejected Tottenham's offer for skipper Phil Neville.
As reported earlier, Harry Redknapp confirmed the London outfit had made a bid for the 34-year-old - believed to have been in the region of £1m-£1.5m.
But the Toffees have rejected the move and the veteran will not be following former team-mate Steven Pienaar into White Hart Lane.
Everton boss David Moyes will be delighted to keep hold of his skipper as he seeks to secure the club's status in the top flight for another season.

And there is the most disgusting (but completely fair) line I have read about Everton all season. Really summises how shit we've become. Last year the line would've been 'seeks a Champions League spot', now we're a laughing stock that is stoked our Captain isnt leaving, whilst we battle relegation. :(

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/01/31/loan-departures-as-vellios-lands

Striker Vellios moves in the opposite direction, signing from Greek side Iraklis Thessaloniki for a nominal fee.

Vellios is a Greek Under-19 international who has signed a deal until 2014 and will join Alan Stubbs' Reserve squad.

Vellios, 19, is a tall, slim frontman who has worked his way through the ranks at Iraklis and who boasts seven goals from 14 appearances for the Greek Under-19s.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/01/31/loan-departures-as-vellios-lands

But as Kenwright says, getting Timmy back from the Asian Cup will be like a new signing. :D
I'm getting pretty damn sick of Kenwright using the "player returning from injury/international duty will be like a new signing" excuse.

You know what would be more like a new signing, Bill??

A NEW ****ING SIGNING!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting pretty damn sick of Kenwright using the "player returning from injury/international duty will be like a new signing" excuse.

You know what would be more like a new signing, Bill??

A NEW ****ING SIGNING!!!!!!!!!

Don't we all. Wouldn't it be great to see even just one player come into the squad, into the 11 that we could get even semi excited about. :(

So lets put this into perspective. The net spend of Everton in the 8 years of David Moyes is 6 Mill. Not even a million investment per season on transfers.

Chelsea have spent 75 Mill today in less than a day.:p
It sums up the situation and I think it has made me realise I probably cannot be as critical of Moyes as I am when you look at the raw figures he gets to invest into the team each year compared to other clubs. Not just the top 4 clubs, but more than half the league.

The ship is well and truly sinking and if we avoid relegation this season it will catch up sooner rather than later with nothing being spent on players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back