Scandal Ex player Sam Fisher charged with drug trafficking

Remove this Banner Ad

5 years months Min 3.
So slightly higher Max lower Min than sentence indication.
Very harsh for what was a bit part role.
What penalty would he have been looking at if he rolled the dice at trial?

5 years months Min 3.
So slightly higher Max lower Min than sentence indication.
Very harsh for what was a bit part role.
What penalty would he have been looking at if he rolled the dice at trial?

Can’t expect much leniency when you are trafficking meth.

That stuff is beyond poison and those who push it deserve everything they get IMO.

It does feel like 3 years is a tough penalty to endure for a guy with a young family.

Hopefully he comes out the other side a changed man.

The thing I noticed was the defense barrister (Dermot Dann) is the same guy who was defending Gregory Lynn yesterday. Defense barrister community seems pretty small.

It does feel like 3 years is a tough penalty to endure for a guy with a young family.

The thing I noticed was the defense barrister (Dermot Dann) is the same guy who was defending Gregory Lynn yesterday. Defense barrister community seems pretty small.
That's Min. 3 years is a ****ing long time. I think people underestimate just how long to be in an environment like that.
Problem is he went ti rehab cleaned up etc volunteered but has to start now.
In hindsight he should've stayed in remand dried out if possible mentored if possible etc instead of doing all that work on bail. Would nearly be done now.

Maybe he should have thought of his family before he got involved?

Maybe he should have thought of his family before he got involved?
Yeah but he was a cool dude when using and dealing.
It's not like he was actually doing wrong, and if he was doing wrong he didn't deserve to get caught.
And if caught he was unlucky to get goal as he is an ex footy player like.
All in all a good day for the courts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What percentage of people use/have used drugs? Across population 60% 45 and under probably 80%.
Aren't these people to blame for establishing demand?
Why does society have such a problem? Are the systems in place the politicians who develop prohibitive cost policies responsible for drug demand?

My point is Fischer is one small cog in the wheel. Drugs are everywhere and the war on drugs law and order approach is a failure. Even in countries with capital punishment some of them are swimming in the stuff.
Fine if you want to take a law and order approach on Fischer but locking him up will have 3 5ths of **** all effect on drug markets. There will be someone else in his place.
So while everyone can think it's a fair punishment it is pointless and achieves nothing

What percentage of people use/have used drugs? Across population 60% 45 and under probably 80%.
Aren't these people to blame for establishing demand?
Why does society have such a problem? Are the systems in place the politicians who develop prohibitive cost policies responsible for drug demand?

My point is Fischer is one small cog in the wheel. Drugs are everywhere and the war on drugs law and order approach is a failure. Even in countries with capital punishment some of them are swimming in the stuff.
Fine if you want to take a law and order approach on Fischer but locking him up will have 3 5ths of heck all effect on drug markets. There will be someone else in his place.
So while everyone can think it's a fair punishment it is pointless and achieves nothing

Don't disagree but that is a much bigger thing. And hard to have sympathy for a meth dealer.

If you don't want to do the time don't commit the crime.

Sam doesn't have a young family though🤷‍♂️

Sam doesn't have a young family though🤷‍♂️
Herald Sun:

Judge Mullaly said he hoped Fisher would be “released on parole” to allow him to return to care for his family.

“Your pending incarceration would cause difficulties for (your family). This concern will make jail harder,” he said.

Was this referring to his parents then?

The top guys are a fairly small group. They charge you or me an arm and a leg, but they do high-profile cases at a significant (sometimes massive) discount as it is basically free advertising for them. Keeps their name in lights and ensures a steady stream of clients paying full freight to be represented.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back