Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

And just think, your coach is keen.
let's hope he's come to his senses now, but if not my previous comment in this thread stands re us picking up Thomas

I wouldn't write in, because that does nothing. But I'd put my money where my mouth is and cancel my membership on the eve of 25 years as a member. Have put up with a LOT of s**t as an EFC member but that would be it for me

He's clearly an actual nutjob who can't control his own behaviour. No club will pick him up, and he'll be flipping burgers at Campbellfield Maccas next year.

He's clearly an actual nutjob who can't control his own behaviour. No club will pick him up, and he'll be flipping burgers at Campbellfield Maccas next year.
Yeah this is the thing.

The first time or two, he could just be a dropkick dickhead who has no respect for women, or wanted to 'punish' a girl for breaking up with him. A scumbag....but unfortunately there's plenty of those types around.

To keep doing it after two years AND after being suspended multiple times AND completing courses AND literally on the brink of losing his livelihood? It's like he's a genuine psychopath who either doesn't care or can't stop even if he wants to.

This is way beyond the "F-Wit" stage now, this is seriously disturbing behaviour.

Every year about 60 blokes have their career cut short for no reason other than maybe not being quite good enough. Then there's campaigners who get sucked off for life because they can play a bit. Anyone who goes into bat for this campaigner needs to take a good long hard look at themselves. After that they can get as ****ed as Tarryn can.

Honestly have to wonder if Thomas has a mental illness.

Seems to be classic compulsive behaviour with a massive dose of possessive / narcissistic tendencies.

It would explain a lot - especially his obvious issue which is to accept that he is behaving badly.

"It's not me it's her"

"I'm the victim"

Honestly, this has gone so far down the Rabbit hole that it's going to be impossible to get the honest story as there is so much anger shown and clearly grudges held.

I'd suggest that if TT has anyone left that still gives a toss about him, that it's time to step in and get him psychiatrically assessed.

Otherwise this will not end well I fear. TT already thinks he's done absolutely nothing wrong, and being arrested only pours more petrol onto that ticking pyre.

I'd hope the victim follows the assumed Police advice which would be to get out, and stay out of Melbourne and Thomas's posse sights.

If not, hopefully she has got the brains to see that Thomas is likely to escalate his behaviour and staying around is incendiary.

Take the kids and head to somewhere safe until Thomas gets the help he clearly needs.

Gone well beyond Football this has now - genuine safety concerns for both parties.

Seems to be classic compulsive behaviour with a massive dose of possessive / narcissistic tendencies.

It would explain a lot - especially his obvious issue which is to accept that he is behaving badly.

"It's not me it's her"

"I'm the victim"

Honestly, this has gone so far down the Rabbit hole that it's going to be impossible to get the honest story as there is so much anger shown and clearly grudges held.

I'd suggest that if TT has anyone left that still gives a toss about him, that it's time to step in and get him psychiatrically assessed.

Otherwise this will not end well I fear. TT already thinks he's done absolutely nothing wrong, and being arrested only pours more petrol onto that ticking pyre.

I'd hope the victim follows the assumed Police advice which would be to get out, and stay out of Melbourne and Thomas's posse sights.

If not, hopefully she has got the brains to see that Thomas is likely to escalate his behaviour and staying around is incendiary.

Take the kids and head to somewhere safe until Thomas gets the help he clearly needs.

Gone well beyond Football this has now - genuine safety concerns for both parties.
A little bit of this is is a severe personality disorder cant be fixed in 6 months or 3 months. It takes years upon years of therapy to get it fixed (only if the person is willing). Most severe personality disorders are not going to be fixed without a minimum 3 years of work and its clear he hasnt gone down that path

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecr...x/news-story/82d0c1421f4f933d8d8db0dc78883423

Tarryn Thomas charged over ‘harassing phone calls’ to ex​

Brooke Greber-Craig
May 21, 2024 - 1:50PM

Disgraced former North Melbourne footballer Tarryn Thomas has been charged for allegedly harassing a former partner.

The Herald Sun revealed on May 10 that police were investigating Thomas after he allegedly called an estranged girlfriend, multiple times during the day and night.

It’s believed the alleged calls were made after Thomas was cut by the Kangaroos and handed an 18-match suspension by the AFL after conduct breaches, including allegedly threatening the same woman on social media.

The shocking messages were revealed by The Herald Sun in February.

“And for them girls I abuse I would do again,” Thomas wrote to the woman.

“After what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it.”

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said police executed a search warrant at an Ormond property on Tuesday.

“Police have charged a 24-year-old Ormond man in relation to reports of alleged harassing phone calls,” she said.

“Police executed a search warrant at a premises in Ormond on Tuesday 21 May about 11.15am.
“The man was arrested and charged with use telecommunications service to harass and breaching a court order.”

Thomas was bailed to the Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court on November 21.

Someone who has threatened a woman like that should not be receiving bail. Too many times in recent history a man on bail has murdered the woman he has been stalking or abusing.

Someone who has threatened a woman like that should not be receiving bail. Too many times in recent history a man on bail has murdered the woman he has been stalking or abusing.
The government is at fault for this, earlier this year they made amendments to the bail act and it’s way too easy for crooks to get bail now.

They don’t even care now that they are committing crimes because they’ll get bail all the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately in some cases, all bail is presumed. You can't lock someone up before they have been tried, unless there are reasons why bail should not be granted.

Maybe the law could be changed to recognise this behaviour as more serious than it does at the moment, and so bail is less common in these types of cases.

"It's not me it's her"

"I'm the victim"

Some people are just bad which seems to be the case with him. Why should she have to run, he should be in jail for years.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let whoever recruit him, as technically it is a restraint of trade to prevent someone from that employment, but whoever picks him up needs to be put in the graveyard slot weekly
You have to nominate for the draft, the AFL don't have to accept your nomination

Last edited:
Let whoever recruit him, as technically it is a restraint of trade to prevent someone from that employment, but whoever picks him up needs to be put in the graveyard slot weekly
AFL has to allow registration and draft nominations. They do turn down people.

Businesses can also choose not to hire someone. Tarryn’s could be as simple as prior history, inability to hold certain checks or there were others more suited to the off-field requirements of an AFL/VFL player.

AFL Statement - 21/5/24

AFL STATEMENT - TARRYN THOMAS

The AFL is aware of today’s developments in relation to Tarryn Thomas including that he has been charged with offences that are now before the Courts. The AFL cannot and will not make any comment in relation to those new charges while the police investigation is ongoing.

The AFL reiterates that under the sanctions previously imposed on Mr Thomas by the AFL, he currently cannot train or play at any level of Australian Football without the approval of the AFL including once his 18-match suspension expires.

Please note that the AFL will specifically not permit Mr Thomas to join the list of any AFL Club pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.

More broadly, it is the AFL’s intent that Mr Thomas will not be approved to play at any level of Australian Football pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.

The AFL will continue to monitor the police proceedings.

Yes, and technically the clubs are separate entities that hold a contract with the afl, they're effectively separate organisations with a working partnership
Nah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Back